Bare Minerals makeup

Cowgirl

Does anyone like the new container for the BM foundation? When you take off the lid, you can twist the top of the container and it becomes a little "shaker" container.

I love the new container! Now I only have to shake out as much as I need and I don't have to worry about the container being upside down when I toss it in my travel bag. :yay:

residualvisuals

black widow
I love the new container! Now I only have to shake out as much as I need and I don't have to worry about the container being upside down when I toss it in my travel bag. :yay:

Can't stand the new container. You can't pop the top off like before to get to the tiny bit that's left at the bottom - and that's annoying when you're spending $25 on it. I'd like to at least get it all before I have to buy a new container, but it just sits at the bottom of the clear part teasing me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can't stand the new container. You can't pop the top off like before to get to the tiny bit that's left at the bottom - and that's annoying when you're spending $25 on it. I'd like to at least get it all before I have to buy a new container, but it just sits at the bottom of the clear part teasing me.

:yeahthat:

When I ran out before, I could pop the top and get the last little bit, then refill from the myriad of sample sizes I had laying around. No more of that. Now I wish I'd have saved my old container - then I could bust open the new one and do the refill.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay:
:yeahthat:

When I ran out before, I could pop the top and get the last little bit, then refill from the myriad of sample sizes I had laying around. No more of that. Now I wish I'd have saved my old container - then I could bust open the new one and do the refill.

I did the same thing! :lol: I usually forget to place an order when I'm nearly out, and run out while waiting on it to arrive. So I mix my own for a few days. I still have a container. I might have an extra one, I'll look and see.

Speaking of empty containers - I take some of the "Glee" (which I use for blush) from the larger container and put into a trial/sample size container. That way I have more room in my makeup bag.

residualvisuals

black widow
Speaking of empty containers - I take some of the "Glee" (which I use for blush) from the larger container and put into a trial/sample size container. That way I have more room in my makeup bag.

Clever! I need something tiny to put my blush in. I've had it since I started using Bare Minerals, I hardly use a pinch each time I put it on. Nothing really popped up as an appropriate container for something like that though - I really like to use the lid to distribute it around the bristles of the brush.

Maybe I just need a bigger makeup bag... :whistle:

Bann

PREMO Member
WOOHOO!!!!

I just got my new order. I ordered some more foundation and it's in the OLD container!! I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!!!

:cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
WOOHOO!!!!

I just got my new order. I ordered some more foundation and it's in the OLD container!! I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!!!

:cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel

Where did you order from? Mine is in the new container that closes inside. Just got my order this week.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Little expensive but it's good and last a long time. The eye liner comes right off though.

Agreed, but the foundation is unsurpassed by the copy-cats, so I'm sticking to paying for the original after having tried several of the cheaper copy-cats :howdy:

Starla

Agreed, but the foundation is unsurpassed by the copy-cats, so I'm sticking to paying for the original after having tried several of the cheaper copy-cats :howdy:

You are right! Ive tried some others and they are awful. Ill stick with this. I like the blush too, although i dont use it much. i have a couple eye shadows and like them too. :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Double agreed. I tried some cheaper brands - not to mention my mother is an Avon lady so I get theirs for free - but nothing is as good as Bare Minerals.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Double agreed. I tried some cheaper brands - not to mention my mother is an Avon lady so I get theirs for free - but nothing is as good as Bare Minerals.

Let me be the first to say that Avon has some great products, but "mineral" foundation is NOT one of them ..... I do have my Avon Fav's that I order online now that my Avon lady abandoned me .....

Bann

PREMO Member
Where did you order from? Mine is in the new container that closes inside. Just got my order this week.

The only place I get mine from is Sephora - I've been getting the new ones for at least 2 or 3 times. So this was a suprise. I hope it's permanent. (Mine is not the matte finish, either.)

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I picked up some replacement Bare Minerals foundation yesterday at the PaxRvr Navy Exchange. Lots of variety, but not as much variety as you'd find at their store in the mall, obviously. Also, pretty decent price.

I love Bare Minerals.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The only place I get mine from is Sephora - I've been getting the new ones for at least 2 or 3 times. So this was a suprise. I hope it's permanent. (Mine is not the matte finish, either.)

Mine was the original. Interesting but maybe they are still working through the older stock in the older containers? Seems odd though because you are probably ordering the same color .... so it's not like they have more or less based on color?

Bann

PREMO Member
Mine was the original. Interesting but maybe they are still working through the older stock in the older containers? Seems odd though because you are probably ordering the same color .... so it's not like they have more or less based on color?

:yay: Medium beige. I hope it's not a fluke, but I won't know until I order more.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:yay: Medium beige. I hope it's not a fluke, but I won't know until I order more.

What color I use depends on the season because in Winter I'm pale as can be, and of course in Summer I get a little color. BUT I am usually using the 2nd or the 3rd lightest colors they make. I STILL have the same Bare Minerals blush I bought several years ago. Lasts a LONG time.

Bann

PREMO Member
What color I use depends on the season because in Winter I'm pale as can be, and of course in Summer I get a little color. BUT I am usually using the 2nd or the 3rd lightest colors they make. I STILL have the same Bare Minerals blush I bought several years ago. Lasts a LONG time.

For the short periods of time that color doesn't work, I either mix in a little "warmth" or some of the multitasking powder or the mineral veil that came from the first kit I ever got.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For the short periods of time that color doesn't work, I either mix in a little "warmth" or some of the multitasking powder or the mineral veil that came from the first kit I ever got.

ahh sounds like a possibility to mix colors .. hmmm.:buddies: