Base Police*alert* all those that drive on base

D-35

Big PAX No-no!

Rent-a-Cop wanna-be's are at it again. :wench:

On second thought, that was probably a tad harsh...

With a strictly-enforced on base speed limit of 25 MPH, they're just trying to keep us all safe and sound! (Yeah, right.)

D-35

The major dealers in MD will NOT install J&M, Autocom, Nolan or any other headsets into your helmet for you.. though I haven't found a single one that won't sell them to you. Cross the border into VA and they will.

Nolan has Stereo Bluetooth now.. counting pennies.

Just make sure you ditch yer Radar Detector before crossing the Wilson Bridge into VA. I think all the states in a given region should get standardized with their rinky-dink laws!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Rent-a-Cop wanna-be's are at it again. :wench:

On second thought, that was probably a tad harsh...

With a strictly-enforced on base speed limit of 25 MPH, they're just trying to keep us all safe and sound! (Yeah, right.)

there are only a few spots that slow...the main roads are 35/45 at least.

Just make sure you ditch yer Radar Detector before crossing the Wilson Bridge into VA. I think all the states in a given region should get standardized with their rinky-dink laws!

they put up signs that say radar detectors aren't legal. better than nothing.

PickUpTrash

Here's another tip... don't carry a FAKE gun that looks real. Those "silly" cops just might think it's a REAL one! :nomoney:

Give me a break with this thread. :razz:

lisa8439

Here's another tip... don't carry a FAKE gun that looks real. Those "silly" cops just might think it's a REAL one! :nomoney:

Give me a break with this thread. :razz:

:yeahthat:

You are going to run into a jerk every once in a while - but I don't think this is something to ALERT everyone about. There are cops that are jerks - civilian cops AND military guards/cops/security.

I'll admit I've driven on the base quite a bit talking on my cell phone and I don't have a bluetooth :doh: My bad.... but I've actually passed base security a few times while I was talking and I looked at them and they just kind of shook their heads and made a 'phone' sign with their hands (like a finger near the mouth and the ear) I've never been stopped for it. Maybe I'm lucky - but I don't think the majority of security is going to really stop you unless they see you on the phone. I could have totally gotten a ticket a few times but I just lucked out. That's what blondes do... :diva: LOL