Ben Roethlisberger

BuddyLee

Football addict
She was after what she thought would be easy money. She was wrong.

Are you seriously asking me to believe a bunch of college kids didn't have a cell to dial 911???? :killingme

Not "I was raped??" Gimmee a break!!

See cell phone comment above.

No, mommies little girl is an angel and wasn't trolling... :sarcasm:

Not looking good for the chicky. :geek:

Yea, all her sluttiness would come out!! :killingme

This is all her one sided account. Lets hear Bens story.

She's a college student, she's supposed to be stupid.

What's Ben's excuse?

Dude will get at least four games. I'm betting eight.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Really? You think that many? Dang. :faint:
I would be surprised if he got less than four and wouldn't be surprised if he got eight. The details of that incident and what he was up to the weekend according to multiple sources doesn't shed a bright light on the NFL. Goodell is gonna bring the hammer down.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Why? Has new evidence arose and he's being charged again? I thought they dropped the charges.
You don't need to be found guilty. Personal conduct policy passed in 2008 was crystal clear. Not only will Big Ben be suspended games in 2010 but his team may face fines reaching into six figures.

Goodell doesn't want a few knuckleheads making the NFL seem like it's the NBA.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You don't need to be found guilty. Personal conduct policy passed in 2008 was crystal clear. Not only will Big Ben be suspended games in 2010 but his team may face fines reaching into six figures.

Nope, Ben's too big a star, and TOO many Pittsburgh fans..

In the end it's ALL about the money, and the NFL is going to stand for less viewership because one of their hottest commodities is on the sidelines.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Nope, Ben's too big a star, and TOO many Pittsburgh fans..

In the end it's ALL about the money, and the NFL is going to stand for less viewership because one of their hottest commodities is on the sidelines.
Guess we'll see after the draft.

Baz

This. ------------------>

The Steelers aren't going to be fined one dime. Teams don't get fined for individual, non-football related conduct.

Ben will be suspended without pay (his pay for those games will go to a charity). I'm guessing 4 games, total. Any more is too much, seeing as how he has no criminal record and no prior offenses. This would be his first strike for violating the league's conduct policy. Any less will seem like he's being let off a bit easy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Steelers aren't going to be fined one dime. Teams don't get fined for individual, non-football related conduct.

Ben will be suspended without pay (his pay for those games will go to a charity). I'm guessing 4 games, total. Any more is too much, seeing as how he has no criminal record and no prior offenses. This would be his first strike for violating the league's conduct policy. Any less will seem like he's being let off a bit easy.

No. If this was his first strike, we wouldn't be talking about this. He was accused, you may recall, of rape not too long ago. Dismissed but, he is starting to show a pattern of Douchebaggery.

I'm thinking high school teacher as next career for Big Ben.

:evil:

Baz

No. If this was his first strike, we wouldn't be talking about this. He was accused, you may recall, of rape not too long ago. Dismissed but, he is starting to show a pattern of Douchebaggery.

I'm thinking high school teacher as next career for Big Ben.

:evil:

He has never been charged with anything in his life. He has never been arrested. He has never been disciplined by the league for anything. This would be his first offense under the league's personal conduct policy.

The civil suit (which was filed a year after, and never even introduced in the criminal legal system) has been punched so full of holes it's ridiculous.

First offense.

BuddyLee

Football addict

Stick to hockey. They can very well be fined, at the least six figures. According to the personal conduct policy of 2008 a team can be fined and held responsible for their players actions. It doesn't have to be football related.

Steelers could reportedly be fined because of players' off-field issues | National Football Post

Of course, the judgement is up to Goodell as to whether he wants to fine the team or not. However, it has certainly been done in the past for one individual for non-football related conduct.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He has never been charged with anything in his life. He has never been arrested. He has never been disciplined by the league for anything. This would be his first offense under the league's personal conduct policy.

The civil suit (which was filed a year after, and never even introduced in the criminal legal system) has been punched so full of holes it's ridiculous.

First offense.

:lol:

Ok. I am just SURE the Steelers and the league haven't even mentioned it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
He has never been charged with anything in his life. He has never been arrested. He has never been disciplined by the league for anything.

Maybe not the league, but didn't he get slapped aroung a little for riding a motorcycle without a helmet??

And I'm not sure the helmet was so much the issue, but him riding a motorcycle at all.

Baz

Maybe not the league, but didn't he get slapped aroung a little for riding a motorcycle without a helmet??

And I'm not sure the helmet was so much the issue, but him riding a motorcycle at all.

The Steelers certainly grounded him from the cycle after his crash, but there was no violation of any conduct code or anything of the sort. They knew he rode before the crash, though I'm not sure why they "let" him.

When I stated he hadn't previously violated any laws or league conduct rules, that's all I meant. He obviously has used "poor judgement" before, just nothing resulting in punishment.

Baz

Stick to hockey. They can very well be fined, at the least six figures. According to the personal conduct policy of 2008 a team can be fined and held responsible for their players actions. It doesn't have to be football related.

Steelers could reportedly be fined because of players' off-field issues | National Football Post

Of course, the judgement is up to Goodell as to whether he wants to fine the team or not. However, it has certainly been done in the past for one individual for non-football related conduct.

I stand corrected. I don't see how the owners agreed to that. If someone is set on being stupid on their own time, that's hardly the team's fault.

Still, I seriously doubt Goodell is going to fine the Steelers in this case. They're working together on sorting out Ben's punishment.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The Steelers certainly grounded him from the cycle after his crash, but there was no violation of any conduct code or anything of the sort. They knew he rode before the crash, though I'm not sure why they "let" him.

When I stated he hadn't previously violated any laws or league conduct rules, that's all I meant. He obviously has used "poor judgement" before, just nothing resulting in punishment.

You mean other than NOT having a motorcycle license at the time, and NOT wearing a helmet??

Baz

You mean other than NOT having a motorcycle license at the time, and NOT wearing a helmet??

I believe you don't need a helmet in PA, but I could be wrong. Show me where he was charged with a crime, or previously punished for violating team/league conduct policies. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Until then, this will be his first.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I stand corrected. I don't see how the owners agreed to that. If someone is set on being stupid on their own time, that's hardly the team's fault.

Still, I seriously doubt Goodell is going to fine the Steelers in this case. They're working together on sorting out Ben's punishment.
That's just another sticking point in the CBA agreement and why the owners and NFLPA haven't come to an agreement.

JoeR

I believe you don't need a helmet in PA, but I could be wrong. Show me where he was charged with a crime, or previously punished for violating team/league conduct policies. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Until then, this will be his first.

What happened is the motorcycle learners permit he had for Pennsylvania had expired. He had a motorcyle license from Ohio, but had to go through the learners permit thing when he moved to PA. He had been riding for years in Ohio. I believe state law did require him to have a helmet on while only having the learners permit. The reason he was riding the bike is it was not in his contract specifically that he couldn't. Though I'm sure the contract he signed 2 years ago now does. I wish it had a provision that he can only hang out with girls his age though. At the time I remember a story in the Pittsburgh papers about other players on the team that ride and several bikes parked in the teams practice facility lot. He was still stupid for not wearing it that morning. He had it with him though. He was taking it to get painted to match the bike.