Ben Roethlisberger

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just came across the wire...

He'll be suspended a minimum of four games and a maximum of six games. This is supposedly conditional where the six games may be reduced to four games if he "behaves".

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wow.

I am kinda stunned. Guess it's not just about winning.
Goodell doesn't mess around; it's all about the sheild. I can't see why anyone would be surprised at this point unless you haven't followed his history. If anything, I'm surprised he didn't get eight games.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Goodell doesn't mess around; it's all about the sheild. I can't see why anyone would be surprised at this point unless you haven't followed his history. If anything, I'm surprised he didn't get eight games.

Some of the commentariate have said that the fans in P'burgh are sick of him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think I would be too.

I heard that Goodell even considered 8-10 games but then re-considered.

6 is 8. 8 may as well be 16 as far as leading the Steelers to the playoffs. If he's gonna make an example, make an example. You wanna make people take note? You want players flat out behaving with the fear of Goodall in their hearts? You want an end to this white/black favoritism crap?

Can his ass for the season.

BuddyLee

Football addict
6 is 8. 8 may as well be 16 as far as leading the Steelers to the playoffs. If he's gonna make an example, make an example. You wanna make people take note? You want players flat out behaving with the fear of Goodall in their hearts? You want an end to this white/black favoritism crap?

Can his ass for the season.
I don't think you'll ever get rid of that. You can't fix dumb.

This was about fair for something he wasn't found guilty of even though most reasonable people know otherwise.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think you'll ever get rid of that. You can't fix dumb.

This was about fair for something he wasn't found guilty of even though most reasonable people know otherwise.

:bs: This has nothing to do with fair or 'fixing' it; this is 100% brute force. Act like an a hole and threaten the league imagine, you will PAY for it. Every single one of these dip####s is one play from being on the shelf anyway from injury, ie, the players, every one of them, is disposable. This is NOT the NBA, this is NOT a player league. It is a team leagues, end of story.

You can get rid of dumb and you can make every single one of the players see, fact certain, spit on the sidewalk, and your ass is GONE.

BuddyLee

Football addict
You can get rid of dumb and you can make every single one of the players see, fact certain, spit on the sidewalk, and your ass is GONE.
This is a team sport, however, as you know it's a QB sport as well.

Second, you can't make everyone conform to the way you want. That's just life.

Third, you have to get past the NFLPA Union. I'm sure they'd be in a tizzy if it was an entire year.

It's not fair but it's about as good as you can get. He's sitting, not being paid and will be forced to receive help. Not only that, he's being dragged through the mud for the rest of his life.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is a team sport, however, as you know it's a QB sport as well.

Second, you can't make everyone conform to the way you want. That's just life.

Third, you have to get past the NFLPA Union. I'm sure they'd be in a tizzy if it was an entire year.

It's not fair but it's about as good as you can get. He's sitting, not being paid and will be forced to receive help. Not only that, he's being dragged through the mud for the rest of his life.:yay:

Let us be perfectly clear; Ben can go do whatever the hell he wants and walk around with his wang hanging out and drunk rape co eds all day, every day. He just can't do it as a player in the NFL.

thurley42

HY;FR
Wow......you guys are pretty harsh on someone who a DA couldn't gather enough evidence to prosecute.....The court of public opinion shouldn't be able to prosecute anyone.....

It's an excessive punishment, and it sets a dangerous precedent. Suspending someone for something "reasonable" people feel he is/was guilty of without any trial, review board, or oversight says to me the comissioner has way too much power.

I get that Goodell is trying to gain control of the league and hold players accountable, and obviously that is a good thing..but he's one man and I don't think his decision should be the end all be all. They need to have a disciplnary board that is subject to guidelines or doctrine that outlines punishable offenses and corresponding punishments...Goodell being judge, jury, and executioner is way too much power.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wow......you guys are pretty harsh on someone who a DA couldn't gather enough evidence to prosecute.....The court of public opinion shouldn't be able to prosecute anyone.....

Then what would be the point of having a 'court of public opinion'? :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's an excessive punishment, and it sets a dangerous precedent. Suspending someone for something "reasonable" people feel he is/was guilty of without any trial, review board, or oversight says to me the comissioner has way too much power.

I get that Goodell is trying to gain control of the league and hold players accountable, and obviously that is a good thing..but he's one man and I don't think his decision should be the end all be all. They need to have a disciplnary board that is subject to guidelines or doctrine that outlines punishable offenses and corresponding punishments...Goodell being judge, jury, and executioner is way too much power.

Ben is a douche and this is nothing new with him. Rodger runs a corporation and is tasked with serving that business and star qb's waltzing around with their wiener hanging out and banging drunk college chicks in the bathroom simply won't do.

thurley42

HY;FR
Ben is a douche and this is nothing new with him. Rodger runs a corporation and is tasked with serving that business and star qb's waltzing around with their wiener hanging out and banging drunk college chicks in the bathroom simply won't do.

Being a douche isn't a punishable offense.....banging college chicks in the bathroom is the reason you become a NFL QB:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Being a douche isn't a punishable offense.....banging college chicks in the bathroom is the reason you become a NFL QB:killingme

Well, there is that... :lol:

However, I would argue being a douche is punishable. And you do that stuff as a COLLEGE qb, not as an NFL qb.