Bert's Diner closing for good?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Didn't the original Bert just take it back over ?

Yes - the lease was up and they jumped in to keep it open. Many teens in my neighborhood have worked at Bert's and they have said they were treated poorly by the management. Perhaps the workforce doesn't realize that it is now under new management? Although, I have heard many businesses are complaining they cannot get help.

rio

Well that sucks! It's always been a great place to go when you just needed a greasy junk kind of meal but didn't want fast food. And I mean that in a good way!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I like to stop there on my way home from Waldork. Always got the same thing...BLT on rye toast, extra mayo and a vanilla shake made with sugar free ice cream. Tried to stop there last week, but it was Tuesday. Didn't know they were closed Mon and Tues. I was disappointed, and even more so now.... :ohwell:

GregV814

well, nothing lasts forever. I just hope some stupid azz chain doesn't try to copy it . No Honda or Toyota on the roof with mexican greasers in leather coats selling Taco Bell crap.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes - the lease was up and they jumped in to keep it open. Many teens in my neighborhood have worked at Bert's and they have said they were treated poorly by the management. Perhaps the workforce doesn't realize that it is now under new management? Although, I have heard many businesses are complaining they cannot get help.
I dated one of those teens back in the early 80s and the only time I've ever been inside was when she enticed me once with a loaded cheeseburger sub, her treat. I was quite the gigolo.

🕺

limblips

PREMO Member
I don't think Brandon was the one with the nose candy in the kitchen that caused most of the staff to quit.
And your proof is? Maybe a personal grudge from someone? I have seen many people in the service industry claim the reason they left their job was boss is a coke freak/junkie/meth head.

It is like the person that gets booted from the military. "Oh, the Navy/Air Force//Marines/Army F'd me!" "My Chief/First Sargent/Gunny/Top didn't like me!" "My recruiter lied to me!"

When the truth is found it was all their own fault because they were POS's.

It takes effort to get booted from the service industry or the service.

zar

Theist
well it looks cool but the food wasn't that good when I went once 10 years ago

the ice cream was good that was like 15 years ago

I can't recall a time in my life when someone was like "hey let's go to berts they have the best XYZ in town". Perhaps they ran out of loyal customers with the current generation, they have a lot of dining options. In the 1990s you probably had berts or food lion chicken as your dine out options.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
And your proof is? Maybe a personal grudge from someone? I have seen many people in the service industry claim the reason they left their job was boss is a coke freak/junkie/meth head.

It is like the person that gets booted from the military. "Oh, the Navy/Air Force//Marines/Army F'd me!" "My Chief/First Sargent/Gunny/Top didn't like me!" "My recruiter lied to me!"

When the truth is found it was all their own fault because they were POS's.

It takes effort to get booted from the service industry or the service.
I am a regular customer and I know many of the staff. My main source left on good terms, having planned for some time to go off to school. Not remotely disgruntled. I've also seen some things while eating there in the last couple of months that seemed off at best, but give credence to the stories.

limblips

PREMO Member
I am a regular customer and I know many of the staff. My main source left on good terms, having planned for some time to go off to school. Not remotely disgruntled. I've also seen some things while eating there in the last couple of months that seemed off at best, but give credence to the stories.
And so the "Karen" moniker is born. "I heard from _________ and I saw _________.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have seen many people in the service industry claim the reason they left their job was boss is a coke freak/junkie/meth head.

Well, truth is that a lot of bosses of restaurants and bars ARE junkies and alcoholics. I worked at a number of them back in the day and I think only Danny at Lenny's didn't have a substance abuse problem of some form.

SamSpade

I don't think I've ever heard anyone praise Bert's for their food.

I think in the past, we'd go to Bert's for the ambiance, the selection and price of the food. And the service was usually good.

A lot of the time, family wants steak - or Italian or Chinese or Mexican or breakfast food, and Bert's doesn't come to mind. On the other hand, if you want a patty melt, a Reuben or a loaded foot long hot dog, it was usually the place to go. They served typical American cuisine the other restaurants seem to have forgotten, save for a cheeseburger and fries.