Best BBQ?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I just know it wasn't me. I'm a follower, not a leader. :jet:

I don't think it was anyone. Wasn't the place going to close soon, or it was non-smoking, or something like we needed to reserve our stools at the Cozy bar before it got too crowded? :otter:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
I don't think it was anyone. Wasn't the place going to close soon, or it was non-smoking, or something like we needed to reserve our stools at the Cozy bar before it got too crowded?
Look at you trying to pass the buck. :rolleyes:

:killingme

mainman

Set Trippin
Triggerfish said:
Is it East or West NC BBQ? If I remember west NC uses a vinegar base sauce.
It is def vinegar based with pepper flakes. Kick ass! Don't forget to top it off with some slaw, and a side of green beans! :banana:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Verisimilitude said:
Do you have a favorite bbq sauce recipie you would like to share? :)
Why yes. Yes, I do. It is as follows:

1 small minced onion
7 cloves of minced garlic
1 small bottle of ketchup
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 small cans tomato paste
1 Tbsp Texas Pete (paid endorsement)
16 shakes of liquid smoke
1/2 cup Jack Daniels

Sautee the onions and garlic until transparent and tender. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thick- about 30 minutes.

If you are a person who cans, make a double (or even triple) batch and put it up for later. Fill sterilized half pint jars to 1/4 inch from the top and hot water process for 20 minutes.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Johnny D's is good, haven't had Boomerangs in a long time, Bear creek, I've made better.
Since some people have mentioned places outside of St. Mary's, I'll add my .02. I can't remember the name of the place but there is this BBQ place off the Lightfoot exit (I-64 going to Va Beach) I swear that stuff is so good it'll make you smack your mama. I don't know if it is even still there actually. The last and only time I went was almost 10 years ago.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Qualification...

vraiblonde said:
The best BBQ in Maryland (and I might be so bold as to say the WORLD) is at Chubby's in Emmittsburg. Their brisket can change your life. :yay:

...you can't go wrong at Chubby's and their pulled pork is up there with their brisket BUT I don't rate their ribs that high. we just had some dry rub ribs at Hard Times and they were DAMN good.

Vrai did some racks late last summer and she is getting closer and closer to top notch.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Hey, you aren't going to cancel the Snipe hunt because of this are you...:confused:
If she does, Airgasm is going to be soooooooooo disappointed. :killingme

My favorite local barbecue is Bear Creek. :yum: I've known the owner for 20+ years and his recipes are awesome. It is the best around IMHO. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
flowerchild said:
Do you have any taste at all? You post about food CONSTANTLY, but all you seem to like is bad food.

That was a really lame attempt for an insult. :roflmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
flowerchild said:
Do you have any taste at all? You post about food CONSTANTLY, but all you seem to like is bad food.

Okay, you've done it. You've peaked my interest. I even went so far as to see if you have a profile posted... :roflmao:

It isn't a world affair... a social injustice... politics, religion, a current media flash.... mainstream TV topic, the national treasury deficit or stem cell research... a weather disaster or human tragedy...

The woman just likes to eat out and she likes what she likes... get over it, stop stalking her posts... move on.. there is nothing to see here....

If you don't like what she has to say, skip it... If you don't like her taste in restaurants, don't choose to dine where she recommends..

:roflmao:

LYMI