Best fast food burger

1stGenSMIB

My current favorite is NN Burger in Tappahannock..we go down Rt 17 a few times a year and always try to stop. It is not quite fast food, but it is more like we cook to order as fast we can.
Local, I splurge about once a year on a Checker's bacon cheeseburger and their fries when the weather is nice..I am one of those weirdos that likes to sit outside there and watch the people and traffic go by.
As for tenders, Popeye's 100%..spicy with ranch dip and cajun sparkle all over. Their fries are a close 2nd to Checker's. Hell, I hoard cajun sparkle and sprinkle it on my dry-ass turkey sammich on the weekends.

rio

I can tell you it's NOT WaWa! Tried one a few nights ago just to try something different from them. Should've stuck with the club I usually get. Tasted like a dried out frozen patty heated to luke warm (didn't even get the cheese warm) and slapped on a dry, cold bun. If I hadn't been to the point of hangry I would have gone back in the store and returned it.

Grumpy

... Should've stuck with the club I usually get.
I don't know what it is about their club sandwiches, but IMO, they are top of the line. Much better than any other fast food place or restaurant that I've been to.

Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can tell you it's NOT WaWa! Tried one a few nights ago just to try something different from them. Should've stuck with the club I usually get. Tasted like a dried out frozen patty heated to luke warm (didn't even get the cheese warm) and slapped on a dry, cold bun. If I hadn't been to the point of hangry I would have gone back in the store and returned it.

Sheetz has great burgers and fries. Wawa doesn't have a grill, do they?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Someone (I'm thinking Grumpy?) said the Jerry's next to the defunct bowling alley had a good burger and fries, so I tried it, and it was very good. But that was eons ago...

Grumpy

Someone (I'm thinking Grumpy?) said the Jerry's next to the defunct bowling alley had a good burger and fries, so I tried it, and it was very good. But that was eons ago...
Yeah, that was me..it was a great burger but haven't been back since covid hit and I don't go to the office anymore.

1stGenSMIB

The food at bowling alley Jerry's is OK too. They have lots of different options. I don't usually go in there for a burger..maybe I'll try one.
I miss the bowling alley..as flawed as it was.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Damn, the bowling alley gave up the ghost? How long ago?

1stGenSMIB

About 3 or 4 years ago?? I dunno what Dave's problem was with keeping it open..maybe the sticky floors, etc.. I used to bowl on Tuesday nights. I haven't bowled in at least 5 years there, but most are going to the base to bowl, I think. The other option is PF, or the Dorf.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
About 3 or 4 years ago?? I dunno what Dave's problem was with keeping it open..maybe the sticky floors, etc.. I used to bowl on Tuesday nights. I haven't bowled in at least 5 years there, but most are going to the base to bowl, I think. The other option is PF, or the Dorf.

I'm thinking that just like the skating rink and the rec center it was a hassle keeping the thugs away. It's hard to have nice things in some areas.

Clem72

Each week I'm getting a burger, fries, and chicken tenders from a different fast food place to see which one is best.

Last week was Hardee's and it was super good. The burger was flavorful and meaty, the fries were the skinny crispy ones I love, and the tenders were some of the best I've ever had. Like, ever. 4.5 stars out of 5

Today I got Culvers and probably will never do it again. The fries were meh and pointless, the tenders were truly bad, and the burger was tasty but had too much bun going on. 2 stars out of 5.

Here are the next ones on my list:

Sonic
Wayback Burger
Wendy’s
McDonalds
Burger King
Whataburger

I'm leaving Whataburger for last because I'm biased in favor of it, although I've never had their chicken tenders and don't even know if they have them.

What's your favorite ff burger?
A lot of people (especially on the west coast) will say In-N-Out, but it's not my favorite. And the buns are greasy. But it's consistently good (like Chic-Fil-a) rather than some places where it will be awesome one day and crap the next.

Shake Shack should probably be on your list too.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My current favorite is NN Burger in Tappahannock..we go down Rt 17 a few times a year and always try to stop. It is not quite fast food, but it is more like we cook to order as fast we can.
Local, I splurge about once a year on a Checker's bacon cheeseburger and their fries when the weather is nice..I am one of those weirdos that likes to sit outside there and watch the people and traffic go by.
As for tenders, Popeye's 100%..spicy with ranch dip and cajun sparkle all over. Their fries are a close 2nd to Checker's. Hell, I hoard cajun sparkle and sprinkle it on my dry-ass turkey sammich on the weekends.
That is actually my wife’s favorite place. I hate when she gets a craving for it, 2 hours there, 2 hours back for a hamburger and a freakshake.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Glory Days ....

Glory Days Grill's OUR HERO BURGER! Signature Brisket-Short Rib Burger

OUR HERO BURGER! SIGNATURE BRISKET-SHORT RIB BURGER​

Our proprietary burger blend of brisket, short rib, and ground chuck. Topped with Cooper Sharp White American Cheese and crispy bacon. 880 cal. A portion of sales will be donated to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation with each purchase!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nothing beats a classic fast-food burger, especially one that is made with quality ingredients like never-frozen beef and hand-smashed patties. But while we could all go for an old-fashioned cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and onion, fast food chains also know the importance of keeping the menu fresh over time. And with the sandwiches getting larger and more complex over the years, fast food chains seem to be rolling out new menu items on a constant basis, making it difficult to keep up.

We have compiled a list of some of the newest fast-food burgers to hit the market that you will want to try in the coming months. Many of these burgers feature unique ingredients and toppings, from truffles to bacon jam to peanut butter and jelly.

If you have been looking to try something new or discover your next go-to fast food lunch order at your favorite burger chain, keep reading to learn more about what's new. Be aware that some are only here for a limited time so be sure to run out and try the one that sounds the best!

BurgerFi: BBQ Rodeo Burger
Mooyah: Hot Bacon Jam Burger
Dairy Queen: Bacon Queso Cheeseburger
Shake Shack: White Truffle Burger
Culvers: Smokehouse BBQ Cheddar Pub Burger
Culvers: PBB&J Pub Burger