Best full coverage foundation?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm imagining cotton candy...:yum:

I think it is a mixture of cotton candy, caramel and lavender scents. The scent stays on you even after you get out of the shower. But then I just slathered on some VS Sexy Little Things, Butter Me Up Whipped Body Butter. :blushing:

tyky

eieio
I think it is a mixture of cotton candy, caramel and lavender scents. The scent stays on you even after you get out of the shower. But then I just slathered on some VS Sexy Little Things, Butter Me Up Whipped Body Butter. :blushing:

I thought hubby was coming home tomorrow

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Whoops, I had to go check. I thought it was the name of something else. :whistle:

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
The BEST coverage foundation I've found is L'Oreal Infallible Advanced Never Fail Makeup. I put a couple of drops on the back of my left hand, and dab and spread the makeup over my face. I have redness-blotchiness on my face from the cold windy weather and this L"Oreal Infallible covers everything up. No fuss, no muss.

I don't like the Bare minerals - it works great if you are 20-30 years old but when you are over 40 the bare minerals seems to magnify the wrinkles.

lovinmaryland

You lied. :bawl: It's time consuming, messy and doesn't cover my freckles at all. :mad:

I dont like it either :ohwell: I normally put on a nice light foundation and then go over top of it w/ the bareminerals. But BM alone does not work very well for me :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I dont like it either :ohwell: I normally put on a nice light foundation and then go over top of it w/ the bareminerals. But BM alone does not work very well for me :shrug:

That crap was so freaking expensive I can't justify not using it. But it doesn't cover a single freckle. If anything, it enhances my freaking freckles with "sparkley crap". It's horrible. What foundation do you use underneath?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
That crap was so freaking expensive I can't justify not using it. But it doesn't cover a single freckle. If anything, it enhances my freaking freckles with "sparkley crap". It's horrible. What foundation do you use underneath?

If you got it from Sephora, just send it back or take it to a Sephora store to get your $$ back.

lovinmaryland

I dont have big pores at all and for some reason everytime I used BM alone w/ out foundation my pores looked huge it actually accentuated them... not the look I am going for :dead:

For nights that I am going out I use Urban Decay, and for day time I use just plain old Revlon. And I am only using the BM until it is all gone. (I bought the starte kit)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If you got it from Sephora, just send it back or take it to a Sephora store to get your $$ back.
I got the starter kit special deal. Gawd I can't imagine how much the replacement crap costs from Sephora. :dead:

I dont have big pores at all and for some reason everytime I used BM alone w/ out foundation my pores looked huge it actually accentuated them... not the look I am going for :dead:

For nights that I am going out I use Urban Decay, and for day time I use just plain old Revlon. And I am only using the BM until it is all gone. (I bought the starte kit)

I am starting to think I need to hit up every make-up counter in the mall just to find something that covers my freckles without looking like stage make-up. I am so disappointed.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that doesn't like it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

The BM foundation doesn't sparkle. If you used something else along with it, then I could see a shimmer/sparkle.

Try using a little more. The first time I used it I didn't like it and didn't think it covered well, but after a few tries I was hooked. It does take some getting used to, but it works great!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The BM foundation doesn't sparkle. If you used something else along with it, then I could see a shimmer/sparkle.

Try using a little more. The first time I used it I didn't like it and didn't think it covered well, but after a few tries I was hooked. It does take some getting used to, but it works great!

It's the stuff that goes on after the blush, or maybe even the blush itself that seems to shimmer. It's not really sparkle like glitter but that's the closest I can come to describing it.

It's got light and medium to blend together. I usually wear an ivory tone makeup, but the light doesn't do a darn thing and the medium doesn't seem to do much more. I'll try repeating it more, but so far it seems I have an enhanced freckle city on my face.

I will admit the concealer works great. But I can't be dabbing all my freckles with concealer. I'd be at it for hours.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'll buy it off of you. :yay: I'm in need of a re-stock.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It's the stuff that goes on after the blush, or maybe even the blush itself that seems to shimmer. It's not really sparkle like glitter but that's the closest I can come to describing it.
Mineral veil? I don't use that, but a lot of people do. If you received warmth with your kit - which I think all starter kits come with - there is NO shimmer to it at all. However, the mineral veil will add a bit of sheen. It also minimizes oils in your skin.

I find that I have to use a lot more than what the video instructs you to use. I apply mine generously, but I don't look overdone because the color matches my skin tone.

Roxie04

make up

I would think if the problem is really bad she needs to see a doctor also. As far as the make up, BM is awesome. They sell it at The Hair Company and you can also book a appointment to have a lesson done. Exlpain why you are interested in it and they can show you how to apply it the right way. Check out their website for pricing.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mineral veil? I don't use that, but a lot of people do. If you received warmth with your kit - which I think all starter kits come with - there is NO shimmer to it at all. However, the mineral veil will add a bit of sheen. It also minimizes oils in your skin.

I find that I have to use a lot more than what the video instructs you to use. I apply mine generously, but I don't look overdone because the color matches my skin tone.
Actually, BM does carry glitter-type products called "Soft Focus". For instance, I picked up some Warmth Soft Focus, and it has a little more "glow" to it than the regular Warmth. The gliter particles are so teeny-tiny that you can't distinguish them in the container, but once applied to your face, it adds a nice enhancement to the Warmth color. I also picked up from True Soft Focus - beautiful! :diva: