Joe Perry
Eric Johnson
Joe Satriani

Jose Feleciano :wink:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Buddy Guy is why we even had a Beck or a Hendrix! :yay:

I've yet to hear a good reason for Jeff Beck. :lol:

As for Jimi, wrote some classic songs, really good playing, an inovator and helped bring the rock to rock and roll with cranked marshall super leads screaming their ever loving guts out.

Not a fav of mine but, he is due his due.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is that Petio on lead? I think he's a big contender in the "Damn, dude!" category.

Nope. That is the one, the only on lead. Petio was not in the studio until it was mostly done.

This is Petio on lead;

Tom is crystal clear, extreme articulation and seperation of notes, like a jackhammer, like finger nails on chalk. Petio is a sweep picker, flows more, notes kinda run together, like a machine gun where you can't hear the seperate rounds but you can hear the change in pitch. He plays faster than Tom but, to me, Tom's leads are better, more in your face.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
i was just about to add danny. Maybe not the most well known, or eventhe most polished, but a seriously respected by other guitar greats, myself included :whistle:

Au contraire, mon ami. Danny wouldn't be Danny if he wasn't polished. It is signature of him and, frankly, necessary for his various styles, to be a polished, incredibly articulate player. He'd have sounded like ass if he wasn't so polished. That's why guitar players love him; great player, just great.

:buddies:

thatguy

Au contraire, mon ami. Danny wouldn't be Danny if he wasn't polished. It is signature of him and, frankly, necessary for his various styles, to be a polished, incredibly articulate player. He'd have sounded like ass if he wasn't so polished. That's why guitar players love him; great player, just great.

:buddies:

i meant polished as in gussied up for the dance, you know as if by a publicist.

as far as guitar playing, you are right, extrememly tight and loose at the same time. Its funny that you posted that particular clip, i have always thought danny had THE BEST right hand technique......

Larry Gude

Strung Out
i meant polished as in gussied up for the dance, you know as if by a publicist.

as far as guitar playing, you are right, extrememly tight and loose at the same time. Its funny that you posted that particular clip, i have always thought danny had THE BEST right hand technique......

Gotcha.

"Best" is such a subjective thing that we discuss for fun. I've been playing for 30 years and can't argue, subjectively, what 'best' means. I know BB has great taste but, doesn't do ####. I know Danny is just sick. Buddy is routine, by the numbers but great feel. SRV is one of the instinctive ones that never hits a bad note. Zakk is incredible. Ynqwie is fabulously skilled but, I'd rather watch paint dry. I've never liked Clapton who so many think of as god. A friend of mine who is a long time pro, doesn't like Jimi but LOVES Frank Marino playing Jimi songs. Some players argue DeMeola is perhaps the best. Tommy Emmanuel makes my jaw hit the floor. There's just sooo many great players most haven't even heard of!

:shrug: