Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As Biden Walks Away From Campaign, Trump Wants to Know: Who's Running the Country?

Donald Trump reacted to Joe Biden's bombshell news Sunday that he is abdonding his disastrous reelection campaign, and not surprisingly, the former president and current GOP nominee blasted Biden's record and said he was "was not fit to run for president" and "never was" fit to serve.

"He is the worst president in the history of our country," Trump told Fox News Digital in a phone interview Sunday afternoon. "There has never been a president so bad."

But then he put forth the question that is sure to be discussed as long as Biden remains in office:

And I ask — who is going to be running the country for the next five months?

That will indeed be the question going forward—if the president is too cognitively impaired to run a campaign, how can he possibly run the most powerful nation on the planet?

Trump had plenty more to say, though, and took to Truth Social Sunday to continue his criticisms of the mess Joe has made of things.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden’s accomplishments as president didn’t bring widespread political support

How could Biden possibly heal that collective trauma?

“Be confident,” he said emphatically in an interview with The Associated Press. “Be confident. Because I am confident.”

But in the ensuing two years, the confidence Biden hoped to instill steadily waned. And when the 81-year-old Democratic president showed his age in a disastrous debate in June against Trump, he lost the benefit of the doubt as well. That triggered a series of events that led him Sunday to step down as his party’s nominee for the November’s election.

Democrats, who had been united in their resolve to prevent another Trump term, suddenly fractured. And Republicans, beset by chaos in Congress and the former president’s criminal conviction, improbably coalesced in defiant unity.

Biden never figured out how to inspire the world’s most powerful country to believe in itself, let alone in him.

He lost the confidence of supporters in the 90-minute debate with Trump, even if pride initially prompted him to override the fears of lawmakers, party elders and donors who were nudging him to drop out. Then Trump survived an assassination attempt in Pennsylvania and, as if on cue, pumped his fist in strength. Biden, while campaigning in Las Vegas, tested positive for the coronavirus Wednesday and retreated to his Delaware beach home to recover.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden's surprise call to old campaign staff is labelled FAKE after viewers spot suspicious detail

Joe Biden's phone call to former campaign staffers on Monday has sparked new theories on the president's health after an odd moment between the president and Kamala Harris.

The 81-year-old spoke in a scratchy voice from COVID isolation at his Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, home and told Harris: 'I'm watching you kid'.

However, many noted a strange exchange between the vice president and her boss, who has not been seen in five days and since he shocked the world by dropping out of the race via a letter posted to social media on Sunday.

The new presumptive Democratic nominee Harris said: 'Joe, I know you're still on the rec… on the call.'

With many having wildly suggested Biden is seriously ill because of the way he announced his departure, conservative firebrand Marjorie Taylor Greene wondered if the game had been given up by Harris' slip of the tongue.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden says nothing can get in way of saving democracy, including "personal ambition"

"I believe my record as president, my leadership in the world, my vision for America's future, all merited a second term," the president said. "But nothing, nothing, can come in the way of saving our democracy. That includes personal ambition. So, I've decided the best way forward is to pass the torch to a new generation. That's the best way to unite our nation. You know, there is a time and a place for long years of experience in public life. But there's also a time and a place for new voices, fresh voices, yes, younger voices. And that time and place is now."

Mr. Biden hinted that he had arrived at the decision to drop out in part because of doubts over whether he could defeat Trump.

"I revere this office, but I love my country more," the president said. "It's been the honor of my life to serve as your president. But in the defense of democracy, which is at stake, I think it's more important than any title."

stgislander

PREMO Member

Biden says nothing can get in way of saving democracy, including "personal ambition"

"I believe my record as president, my leadership in the world, my vision for America's future, all merited a second term," the president said. "But nothing, nothing, can come in the way of saving our democracy. That includes personal ambition. So, I've decided the best way forward is to pass the torch to a new generation. That's the best way to unite our nation. You know, there is a time and a place for long years of experience in public life. But there's also a time and a place for new voices, fresh voices, yes, younger voices. And that time and place is now."

Mr. Biden hinted that he had arrived at the decision to drop out in part because of doubts over whether he could defeat Trump.

"I revere this office, but I love my country more," the president said. "It's been the honor of my life to serve as your president. But in the defense of democracy, which is at stake, I think it's more important than any title."
They keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥🔥 Like the proverbial groundhog, Joe Biden tentatively emerged from his Rehobeth hidey hole yesterday, wriggled his nose, tentatively looked around, and mumbled thirteen minutes of empty platitudes someone else wrote for him, swallowing loudly from time to time, slurring certain words in a brand new kind of speech impediment, grabbing the side of the desk at one point for stability, and sitting rigidly in a tight frame at his Oval Office desk (or a reasonable facsimile thereof).

image.png

CLIP: Joe Biden addresses the nation after dropping out of 2024 race (13:23).

Groundhog Joe did not see his shadow, which means the Nation is destined for six more weeks of awkward presidential moments. Nobody else saw his shadow either because there was no one else in the frame, and despite not working all week, after ground hogging and delivering his brief remarks, Joe had no energy left for talking to reporters or answering questions.

A giddy and euphoric New York Times, doing its best to control its barely disguised joy at Joe’s candaditorial departure, multiplied the thirteen minutes of empty rhetorical calories into at least six long stories and editorials. One of the better-written, more bittersweet than swooning entries bore the headline, “The Beginning of Biden’s Long Goodbye.

The Times had lots of company. Corporate media was packed with paeans to the old man. What courage! What self-awareness! What leadership! What a forgettable speech.

The headlines gave it away. There were tons of them, but none quoted any newsworthy line. In one of his longest speeches in recent memory, President Cabbage ignored the giant groundhog in the room, neglecting any mention of how he’d gotten to this point, and avoiding any reconciliation of his many vows to stay in the race on Friday (“I'm not going anywhere!”) with pulling the plug two days later on his barely-blipping, political cardiac monitor.

It was the same old headache-inducing pattern we are, unfortunately, all used to at this point: deny, deny, deny, deny, deny, deny, suddenly admit. And then shift the blame!

image 2.png

A picture of an actual groundhog I took on our last vacation. Not to scale.

I probably shouldn’t, but I’ll say it anyway. I’m not saying a ChatGPT deep fake delivered Biden’s Big Farewell Speech. You are welcome to decide that for yourself, it’s a free country, just ask any J6 inmate. But it sounded like a speech written by ChatGPT. Lots of bubbly words, call out to dead Presidents, rhetoric that might have been stirred if delivered by someone with a pulse, but no meaning.

So if you didn’t see it, you didn’t miss anything. We won’t miss Joe, either. Goodbye, President Groundhog. (With apologies to members of the marmota family.)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden, 81, sparks fresh health fears by staring blankly ahead as confident Kamala Harris takes lead while meeting Americans freed from Russian prisons

The 81-year-old commander in chief appeared to be looking off into the distance as Vice President Kamala Harris gave a statement to a reporter Thursday night.

Biden only moved once in the post-midnight appearance, apparently to scratch his head, with his vacant appearance quickly noted by viewers. He did speak earlier on and did not appear to make any verbal flubs - but nonetheless, his subsequent expression disturbed many.

'This dude is not there,' Juanita Broaddrick posted on X, sharing the video.

'Joe Biden is gone,' Nick Sortor added. 'Absolutely freaking gone. This is pathetic.'

Nick Sortor shared the video, writing that 'Joe Biden is gone'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Where's Joe?

I argued with anyone who said that, just because "President" Biden had chosen not to run for re-election, he was therefore unfit to serve out his term as president and needed to step down at once. My argument was that it's perfectly possible for an 82-year-old to be a fit leader for another five months while also acknowledging that another four and a half years would be too much. And I stand by that argument because it was always hypothetical; it could be true for any 82-year-old. I wasn't specifically referring to Biden, because anyone can see that he's not up to the job for the rest of his term.

And now that the Potemkin candidacy is over and there's no reason to keep up the show, it appears that Team Biden has given up altogether on pretending that he is doing the job.

Political news site Roll Call maintains an objective calendar of the president's schedule, updated "at midnight Eastern Time, or when pushed out [by the White House] via social media, whichever is earlier." According to Roll Call's "President's Public Schedule," Biden last spoke in public nearly a week ago. At 10:40 on the morning of Thursday, Aug. 1, Biden undertook the strenuous 15-mile limo ride to Joint Base Andrews. There, he and Vice President Kamala Harris greeted the handful of Americans who had been freed from Russia as part of an international prisoner swap. As usual, Russia got back its criminal operatives in return for the innocent Americans it had swiped off the street to use as pawns on just such an occasion.

Footage of the event shows Biden greeting the released hostages with all the charisma of Grandpa Sawyer in the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" film. (Watch Grandpa here, if vintage horror film drama doesn't upset you. It's more yelling than gore.)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Las Vegas Police Recordings Released From Biden's Medical Event and Code 3 Transport to Airport

Audio from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department's protective detail for President Joe Biden on July 17 was released Friday afternoon by Oversight Project, which obtained the recordings through a Freedom of Information Act request. Those recordings confirm RedState's reporting that Biden was first headed to University Medical Center, a trauma center, after he suddenly canceled a speaking engagement due to illness, then suddenly diverted directly to Harry Reid International Airport.

The three recordings span a time frame of a few hours and are not timestamped, so it's difficult to get exact time frames from them. Two of the clips, each about four minutes long, are clips from the general channel where LVMPD coordinated additional units (meaning, units that were not involved in the protective detail) used to shut down traffic and secure the routes after the sudden change of plans. The third, the event channel for the officers involved in the protective detail, is about 43 minutes long. We are sharing the audio in full here so readers can listen for themselves.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Boy... I'm glad the world is at peace. Joe's finished his vaca in Cali and is heading directly for another weeks vaca at Rehoboth. Nothing listed on the President's schedule is planned except possibly his daily brief.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Stirs Up a Hornets' Nest With Troubling Remarks About Netanyahu, Secret Service

Joe Biden finally returned from his never-ending vacation for a meeting in the Situation Room about the situation in Israel and the killing of an American hostage. Instead of condemning Hamas for killing an American, he criticized Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and said he hadn't done enough. That took some gall since it's been Biden who has stood in his way of finishing off Hamas.

But when he came out of the meeting, he had nothing more than what he's said for months. They were "very close" to a deal, yada yada yada. So basically, it looked like a photo op to make it look like he was taking the murder of the hostages seriously. But saying nothing against Hamas and talking again about a deal makes it look like he was bending over for them after they killed an American.

He then went to a campaign event in Pennsylvania for Kamala Harris.

Hasn't Biden been on the Beach all week ?