Biden Actions ... And Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“A dictator, bent on rebuilding an empire, will never erase the people’s love for liberty,” Biden said on Saturday at the Royal Castle in Warsaw. “Ukraine will never be a victory for Russia, for free people refuse to live in a world of hopelessness and darkness. For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power.”

stgislander

PREMO Member

Biden’s Comment That Putin ‘Cannot Remain in Power’ Triggers Shock: ‘He Did Call for Regime Change’

A White House official later retracted those comments, clarifying that the president was not suggesting a regime change or overthrow of Russia. “The president’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change,” the official said in an email to The Hill.

President Biden’s comments “caught a lot of people off guard,” and “raised questions” about whether there’s been a change to U.S. policy toward “removing President Putin from office,” Josh Lederman of MSNBC reacted.

Fox News’ Eric Shawn later asked on air, “Do you think in that speech that the president was calling for regime change, basically signaling the Russians and the oligarchs to push Putin out?”

Fox contributor Rebecca Grant responded to Shawn, “That was a stunning remark by Biden. I think that’s unprecedented in U.S-Russian diplomatic history. That puts U.S.-Russo relations in the deep freeze. It was a huge and stunning revelation.”
It's pretty bad when the White House has to retract comments made in a speech written by the White House.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How Biden Raised Gas Prices Without Anyone Noticing

• U.S. pump prices have surged throughout President Joe Biden’s tenure in office, even as Democrats continue to blame the spike on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and Big Oil companies.
  • The average price of gasoline nationwide increased a whopping 48.4% between Biden’s January 2021 inauguration and Feb. 21, three days before Russian President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine.
  • “We haven’t had a federal lease sale in North Dakota in over a year,” Republican North Dakota Rep. Kelly Armstrong, a member of the House Energy and Commerce Energy Subcommittee, told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview. “These are real things — that you are sending signals, not just to energy companies, but also to Wall Street.”

While Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has destabilized global energy markets, causing an historic supply crunch, high gasoline prices have been the norm throughout Biden’s first 14 months, federal data showed. Experts have blamed the high prices on the administration’s energy and climate policies disincentivizing domestic fossil fuel production.

[clip]

Among Biden’s first actions as president was to revoke the Keystone XL pipeline’s federal permit, which would have transported more crude oil into the U.S. from Canada. The administration also abandoned the Willow Project, a significant oil and gas project in Alaska approved by the Trump administration that would have produced 100,000 barrels of oil per day.

After a federal judge ordered the Biden administration to halt its attempted ban on new federal land drilling leases, the Department of the Interior has dragged its feet and defied multiple court-ordered deadlines to restart the program. The Interior Department also chose not to appeal a recent ruling that prohibited an offshore drilling lease in the Gulf of Mexico the agency facilitated in the fall.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We knew that Biden didn’t have what it takes to be commander-in-chief, and in one week, he managed to make three very serious gaffes.

First, Biden said that NATO would “respond in kind” to a chemical weapons attack by Russia on Ukraine—effectively implying that NATO would use chemical weapons on Russia.

“If chemical weapons were used in Ukraine, would that trigger a military response from NATO?” Cecilia Vega of ABC News asked Biden.

“It would trigger a response in kind,” he replied.

Next, he told American troops that they were going to Ukraine.

“And you’re gonna see when you’re there, suh- suh- some of you have been there, you’re gonna see, you’re gonna see women, young people standin’, standin’ in the middle, in the front of a damn tank, just sayin’ ‘I’m not leavin’. I’m holdin’ my ground.’ They’re incredible.”
Lastly, on Saturday, Biden called for regime change in Russia.

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” he said about Vladimir Putin.

Any one of these blunders would be incredibly serious on its own. But, three such gaffes in the same week—which forced some serious clean-up by the White House—is a severe problem.

Biden should know that. Multiple times on the campaign, he pointed out just how powerful the words of a president are.
“The words of a president matter,” he said. “They can move markets. They can send our brave men and women to war. They can bring peace.”
Biden’s consequential gaffes have become serious enough that we really need to have a serious conversation about invoking the 25th Amendment.

UglyBear

We knew that Biden didn’t have what it takes to be commander-in-chief, and in one week, he managed to make three very serious gaffes.

First, Biden said that NATO would “respond in kind” to a chemical weapons attack by Russia on Ukraine—effectively implying that NATO would use chemical weapons on Russia.

“If chemical weapons were used in Ukraine, would that trigger a military response from NATO?” Cecilia Vega of ABC News asked Biden.

“It would trigger a response in kind,” he replied.

Next, he told American troops that they were going to Ukraine.

“And you’re gonna see when you’re there, suh- suh- some of you have been there, you’re gonna see, you’re gonna see women, young people standin’, standin’ in the middle, in the front of a damn tank, just sayin’ ‘I’m not leavin’. I’m holdin’ my ground.’ They’re incredible.”
Lastly, on Saturday, Biden called for regime change in Russia.

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” he said about Vladimir Putin.

Any one of these blunders would be incredibly serious on its own. But, three such gaffes in the same week—which forced some serious clean-up by the White House—is a severe problem.

Biden should know that. Multiple times on the campaign, he pointed out just how powerful the words of a president are.
“The words of a president matter,” he said. “They can move markets. They can send our brave men and women to war. They can bring peace.”
Biden’s consequential gaffes have become serious enough that we really need to have a serious conversation about invoking the 25th Amendment.

That f&ing Vegetable just turned the narrative in Putin’s favor with his “regime change” gaffe.

Before, this was a clear-cut aggression of a big country against a sovereign neighbor, and people do love their “David vs. Goliath” stories.

Even most Russians were mumbling “why did we get into this quagmire, we should have just quietly continued trading commodities and grow our industry and quality of life”. Russian army was badly humiliated by prickly Ukrainians, and Russians did not want to be smeared with the “incompetent corrupt losers” label.

No nation, as much as they hate their leaders, wants to be told by others that their leaders suck. This dumb-a$$ sound bite will be compared to our American misadventure in Iraq, and will unite Russians behind that madman.
Duma$$ vegetable.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Duma$$ vegetable.

I was talking to the misses ..

Correct me if I am wrong,

... closing McDonald's [ and many other stupid actions ] is NOT going to make Russians dump Putin, its only going to piss off people, wtf are you picking on me, I didn't invade Ukraine ...

How many people really voted for Putin ?

UglyBear

I was talking to the misses ..

Correct me if I am wrong,

... closing McDonald's [ and many other stupid actions ] is NOT going to make Russians dump Putin, its only going to piss off people, wtf are you picking on me, I didn't invade Ukraine ...

How many people really voted for Putin ?
Don’t know, but he was quite popular among normal people.
Russians for some reason still hold on to their version of greatness during USSR — they might have been broke, starving and up to their neck in crap, but everyone was afraid of them, so that made it worth it.
All those ridiculous pics of bare-chested PutiPut on a horse, with a rifle, did endear him to average Ivan — he’s a tough Man, showing everyone our greatness, blah blah.

The absence of McD’s probably did nothing — it was a curiosity for fancy city folk anyways.

Losses in Ukraine did a lot — that shattered the image of tough Russian army and its glorious leader. Again, nobody wants to be associated with losers. Probably a month or two more, and PutiPut would have been gone.
And now the Vegetable had to open his mouth and flip the script. Almost like on purpose?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Says ‘Fiscal Responsibility’ Is One Of The Values Of His Enormous $5.8 Trillion Budget Proposal

Biden has previously presented himself as a champion of fiscal responsibility, claiming that his budgets have reduced the federal budget deficit. “Last year… we reduced the deficit by 360 billion dollars,” Biden told House Democrats at the 2022 Issues Conference earlier this month. “We’re on track right now … to be the first president in history to lower the deficit by over 1 trillion dollars in one year,” he claimed. But the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget notes that the deficit is not declining because of anything Biden did, but because the $5 trillion in COVID-19 relief funds were disbursed in 2020 and 2021. The CRFB also notes that the downward trend will only continue in the short term, and deficits are expected to grow over the next decade.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden’s $5.8T budget proposal would be laughable — if it weren’t so alarming

Team Biden, for example, brags about its “fiscal responsibility,” arguing that a plan to spend a jaw-dropping 32% more than just four years ago cuts the deficit in half. Umm, only because the prez spent so much in 2021.

That includes the Democrats’ $2 trillion COVID “stimulus package” when the economy needed no stimulus, and so fueled today’s rampant inflation. Plus the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, though not the $5 trillion the prez wanted for the “Build Back Better” bill (which he still hopes to pass).

Fact is, this budget still leaves a whopping $1.3 trillion in red ink, which will only further fuel inflation.

Biden’s supposed deficit-reduction also relies on crushing new taxes — raising corporate rates from 21% to 28%, for example. Plus a bid to set a minimum 20% tax on households worth more than $100 million that would hit income and unrealized gains on stocks and other assets. It’s likely unconstitutional, probably unworkable — and won’t pass, since at least two Democratic senators voiced opposition the last time the idea came up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Bidenomics: a winter of blaming the non-compliant becomes a spring of blaming Putin

2022 began with a projected “Winter of several illness and death” for the unvaccinated. This of course never really panned out, as working class people who took care of their health largely remained fine, because COVID is no more deadly than seasonal influenza. However, the Biden Administration insisted that they know what’s best for our collective health. And the government’s infamous OSHA mandate — which has since gone bust — led to misery for so many American families, forcing countless individuals to undergo another round of potentially dangerous experimental mRNA therapy in order to feed their families. And when “the measures” failed, they blamed the non-compliant.

The COVID Mania narrative, which was becoming immensely unpopular with a growing contingent of Americans, has been put on pause. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine created a perfect bogeyman for the Biden Administration, which has long blamed Russia for everything under the sun.

So get ready for Putin’s gas price hikes, Putin’s inflation, and Putin’s food shortages. Unlike the adoption of the COVID narrative, however, Americans are not exactly convinced that Putin is responsible for our economic issues.