Bills @ Skins

T

toppick08

...debate;

Portis - Once great, now mediocre. 2 yds per carry on 20+ carries yesterday
Portis wil do just fine again in a system suited to him like Denver or KC or Indy.

Landry - Good skills, up and coming, not elite yet

Taylor - Awesome player, but dead

Samuels - A mauler, but inconsistent
And a four time pro bowler who might get there or be an alternate this year.

Moss - Great wide receiver, but a head case
I don't think h's grat at all but he has talent.

Randel El - A complimentary WR being paid All - Pro money
And he is talented.

Cooley - Outstanding TE

Rogers - A decent CB, nothing more. Drafted too high
He's a very good cover corner. His knock is he drops too many pics or he'd have been to a pro bowl or two by now.

Rabach/Thomas - Average lineman towards the end of their careers
Where we you last year? Thomas is a monster, easily a top five guard. He's the single biggest loss we suffered. Rabach would start for most people.

Kendall - Overpaid lineman, once outstanding, now average. He's not over paid. There is NO such thing in the NFL anymore. Whatever so owner wants to spend is what you are worth. Kendall would start for most teams.

Betts - Complimentary RB
Guess you missed the last 7-8 games last year?

Campbell - Outstanding young QB, but his knack for falling apart in the clutch should be troubling for Redskins fans. Love the guy. He looks to make plays too hard and he'll learn that. You can't teach guys to have the heart to compete to the last. His O line is devastated and he's got no help at WR.

Fletcher - A nice LB, but past his prime.
Not last year he wasn't. He'll start for someone next year.

As a further note, this team loses close games. More than anyone else. A lot more. We have talent. We break down when it matters most and that is coaching.

Look I love the 'Skins, but we're :deadhorse

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

Look I love the 'Skins, but we're :deadhorse

...but as fans, that's what one does. We don't get to pick players or coaches or choose whether the team is run primarily to make money or to win football games. So, we get to complain. This team is a marketing and $ first organization and that is Snyder's business. It was a win first organization under Jack Kent Cooke. I miss that. I mean, why else play the game? Not everyone feels that way.

T

toppick08

...but as fans, that's what one does. We don't get to pick players or coaches or choose whether the team is run primarily to make money or to win football games. So, we get to complain. This team is a marketing and $ first organization and that is Snyder's business. It was a win first organization under Jack Kent Cooke. I miss that. I mean, why else play the game? Not everyone feels that way.

I agree on Cooke, Snyder has ruined our team with his ego. :howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He...

I agree on Cooke, Snyder has ruined our team with his ego. :howdy:

...hasn't ruined it per se. They are extremely successful as a business and plenty of people are happy with Gibbs win or lose. So, it's not Snyder's ego. The goal is just different than what I'd like it to be, different than what it was when Gibbs became 'Gibbs'.

I mean, I wish, just once, Joe would look at the camera with that pained, 'oh this is terrible expression' and just say "Look, the sun comes up tomorrow, I get paid $5 mil a year to put up with this and it's not the end of the world. Let's be honest, I would not be here if the money was a dime less. So, enjoy the games for what they are, games, and let's quit pretending that I am here to win or else like the first time around. I didn't like that kind of pressure and I'm not gonna do it that way. I'm hear to build an organization, that's what motivates me, what I am excited about and if we also win some games, great."

T

toppick08

...hasn't ruined it per se. They are extremely successful as a business and plenty of people are happy with Gibbs win or lose. So, it's not Snyder's ego. The goal is just different than what I'd like it to be, different than what it was when Gibbs became 'Gibbs'.

I mean, I wish, just once, Joe would look at the camera with that pained, 'oh this is terrible expression' and just say "Look, the sun comes up tomorrow, I get paid $5 mil a year to put up with this and it's not the end of the world. Let's be honest, I would not be here if the money was a dime less. So, enjoy the games for what they are, games, and let's quit pretending that I am here to win or else like the first time around. I didn't like that kind of pressure and I'm not gonna do it that way. I'm hear to build an organization, that's what motivates me, what I am excited about and if we also win some games, great."

I understand your point. But Joe needs to stick with NASCAR, step down(which I think will happen) and realize the game has passed him by. :coffee:

BuffaloBill

Bills @ Skins 12-02-2007 06:11 PM Your team ####ing sucks. Squeeking out a win against the skins this week is nothing to be proud of. Aszhole.

Bye the why, you whinny maggot, It was more than a squeak. We won buy one point, and if our coach would have challenged the Clooley fumble on that one drive we would not have to come from behind.

The Bills are 6-6..That's better than 5-7.

BlackSheep

Post note:

Sunday before the game, for the first and only time, the Redskins' band played "Hail to the Redskins" at dirge speed. It was so sad, mournful and beautiful. But I hope to never hear it played that way ever again.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh, don't worry, the salary cap is going to do that for you. The Redskins have the least amount of salary cap room this year and next year they are projected to be $25 million OVER the cap. Welcome to salary cap hell, Danny Boy.
Cap hell my ass; Down to only $0.786m now.