Bills @ Skins

ynot

I am guessing you have never lost a dear friend........ it's not as easy as you think just to move on..................................

D

dems4me

...Joe came in here with a huge contract and a promise from the owner that he could try things his way. Joe wanted to build a big, giant corporation with a coach for everything and him as CEO who delegated responsibilities. Every single problem had people thrown at it. That's well and good and great, as far as it goes. The thing is, football boils down to plays and decisions and a feel for the game has got to come down to one person.

Joe Gibbs circa first time around would have known more than the refs. Gibbs II is a big, clunky, unwieldy thing we the person who was in charge of informing up the chain of command in terms of time outs can't possible be heard when it counts. Same with our time outs. Same with our clock management. Same with our play calling. Joe built a monster and it's tough to get all those moving parts working together in pressure situations.

I mean, we've got the Sean thing and if you just looked at the game, nothing was different than any other week.

Well said. I think our clock management has stunk all year. I think we would have done better killing the clock on our second to last drive if we had pretended we were in our two minute offense and behind in points :ohwell: As for Gibbs, I'm still a fan. He's had a very tough job to do this week, I think he was trying soo hard to win the game that reasonable calls (no two timeouts) just escaped him. :shrug: I've never been in his shoes, so its hard to judge, but this game was very important to the heart and soul of skin fans and some of the players should have stepped up more - such as it being 9 points instead of 21 down in the redzone... but its hard on them too. Its been a rough week, I hope we regroup by Thursday.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I am guessing you have never lost a dear friend........ it's not as easy as you think just to move on..................................

It's hard to move on, but I would play like my buddy would of wanted me to play.
Rippppppppppppppp off some F'in heads.

Win the game.
And toast to my Buddy over a cold beer.

SpriteZero

Ummm..Does my husband count?
Hope so..I DO know it is very hard to move forward...esp with a 9 yo child!!

But the team was all hyped up to WIN the game for Sean..and not only did they let the TEAM down, they let Sean down.

Many teams in other sports have played hard for a fallen team mate....

And Larry is right, they played the same this week as last week without Sean, and the week before WITH Sean.

Yes, death is hard, but many try even harder FOR the loved one they lost.

ynot

I am so passionate about this because I went through the same thing. I lost a very dear friend, same ccrumstance, burglary and one gun shot in the groin and death. I was in a total daze for at least a year. I know what the rediskins and Joe Gibbs are going through. Its a really bad deal, they played and I have got to given them credit for that, MURDER is way different to accept....have compasion.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Well said. I think our clock management has stunk all year. I think we would have done better killing the clock on our second to last drive if we had pretended we were in our two minute offense and behind in points :ohwell: As for Gibbs, I'm still a fan. He's had a very tough job to do this week, I think he was trying soo hard to win the game that reasonable calls (no two timeouts) just escaped him. :shrug: I've never been in his shoes, so its hard to judge, but this game was very important to the heart and soul of skin fans and some of the players should have stepped up more - such as it being 9 points instead of 21 down in the redzone... but its hard on them too. Its been a rough week, I hope we regroup by Thursday.

HE SHOULD OF NEVER CALLED THE FIRST TIME-OUT!

Peter Forsberg

...in hell.

Burn this thing to the ground; get rid of Portis, Moss, Jansen, Landry, Campbell, Saunders, Williams, Fletcher, Griffin, Samuels, Randl El, absolute fire sale, all the coaches, and get as many draft picks as we can get our hands on and hire some young 40 year old hot shot and tell him to build a team and win or fire him and hire someone else.

Fire sale.
You forgot the most important problem SNYDER!

D

dems4me

HE SHOULD OF NEVER CALLED THE FIRST TIME-OUT!

I think it was a good call, because he would have made it :shrug: The second time out was kind of boneheaded and probably desperate on Gibbs part. We should have made a first down and ran the clock out when it was two something left on the clock.

Peter Forsberg

...exactly do you fire the owner? :lmao:

Yes, he is THE problem, but, it is his team. He is why I don't care anymore and just enjoy the game for the games sake. Angelo's did the same for me and the Orioles.
Pass the beers man. I'm not a skins fan but i'll drink with you. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like beer...

Pass the beers man. I'm not a skins fan but i'll drink with you. :buddies:

I like beer. it makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer. it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow (makes him feel mellow)
Whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact i like beer
(he likes beer)

:buddies:

D

dems4me

You don't watch much football do you?
I'm trying to be nice.

And I'm trying to be nice too.

Every week for 37 years :shrug: I have no bones about him calling a time before a game winning kick, if you watch football you would know this is not an outlandish idea and not something unheard of. :shrug:

D

dems4me

At least the first time was legal. I agree it borders on cheating, but as long as it's legal it's fair.

Now the second one - that is just plain stupid.

From what I saw, he was signaling time out before the ball wasn't even snapped, its not like he whispered it to the ref or anything, I clearly saw him on the sidelines calling a time out, then they panned back to the snap, then the kick, etc... :shrug:

The game should never have come down to who called time out a time or two before a kick in the last seconds of the game.

MMDad

Lem Putt
From what I saw, he was signaling time out before the ball wasn't even snapped, its not like he whispered it to the ref or anything, I clearly saw him on the sidelines calling a time out, then they panned back to the snap, then the kick, etc... :shrug:

The game should never have come down to who called time out a time or two before a kick in the last seconds of the game.

Like I said, he did it legally. That doesn't change my opinion that it is a dirty, cheating mone to make and should not be legal.

For Mr. Niceguy Gibbs to do it seems very hypocritical.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Like I said, he did it legally. That doesn't change my opinion that it is a dirty, cheating mone to make and should not be legal.

Please explain to me why it is cheating?? Its been done for YEARS, just the timing is different now. Why is it considered cheating?? I don't like it but all this hubbub about cheating is crazy, its legit to call a timeout any time you want, even if its a millisecond before the snap. Do you gripe when the defense calls a timeout a split second before the snap because they have too many people on the field when a field goal is not involved??? whats the difference??

D

dems4me

He didn't whisper to do this right as the ball was snapped, he was clearly calling the first time out on the kick well before it was even snapped. Him calling a time out in general is what teams have been doing for years to "ice" the kicker. Whatever, I'm done with this. Him calling a time out well before the ball is snapped is not a big deal. The players all played with heavy hearts today and I salute them for doing as well as they did. Hail to the Redskins :clap: