Which is betteR?

• NuvaRing

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • IUD

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Nanny Pam

jenbengen said:
The IUD is taken out by a doctor. I believe there is a tiny little string on the that they use to take it out.
You are right. The IUD is shaped like an Sso I think that ashliekay711 is getting her info from her imaginary friend. I just can't imagine it falling out. Besides...if it did, (which I doubt) ....you would definately know it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I tried an IUD when I was much younger. I thought my cervix was going to explode. It's the worst pain I've ever experienced without injury.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nanny Pam said:
You are right. The IUD is shaped like an Sso I think that ashliekay711 is getting her info from her imaginary friend. I just can't imagine it falling out. Besides...if it did, (which I doubt) ....you would definately know it.
Well they even say on webmd to check and make sure it doesn't fall out.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
elaine said:
I tried an IUD when I was much younger. I thought my cervix was going to explode. It's the worst pain I've ever experienced without injury.
Well that doesn't make me feel good

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Sometimes a person's body will try and reject and IUD causing it to not be in the correct place. This will require a visit to the doc just to check on the IUD position. There are side effects of the IUD such as heavy bleeding, moderate/severe cramping, the device attaching to your uterus lining.

The best thing to do is ask your doc and do a lot of research on both forms you are considering.

Nanny Pam

mv_princess said:
No side effects with your IUD?

And how is it put in, is it like a regular gyn appt.? Or something much different, I read that you should have someone go with you so they can drive you home
I had no side effects at all. Everything stayed the same. It was put in at a regular OB-GYN appt. It took all of 5 minutes...if that. No....you can drive yourself home. The only thing you get is some cramping...just like a normal period. Nothing to it. :shrug:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nanny Pam said:
I had no side effects at all. Everything stayed the same. It was put in at a regular OB-GYN appt. It took all of 5 minutes...if that. No....you can drive yourself home. The only thing you get is some cramping...just like a normal period. Nothing to it. :shrug:
Hm Interesting.. Could you feel it when having sex? Or could he?

Nanny Pam

mv_princess said:
Well they even say on webmd to check and make sure it doesn't fall out.
Yep....you are checking to feel the strings.
There are no 2 people alike, so just make sure you do your research.

Nanny Pam

mv_princess said:
Hm Interesting.. Could you feel it when having sex? Or could he?
You can't feel it at all. I didn't even give it a thought after it was in.
My husband never felt the strings, either. Hell.....what man is going to feel the strings...All they think about is :gossip: and then getting off. :lmao:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nanny Pam said:
My husband never felt the strings, either. Hell.....what man is going to feel the strings...All they think about is :gossip: and then getting off. :lmao:
True. I was told once that he could feel the ring. So that's why I asked.

ashliekay711

Nanny Pam said:

ok, i don't mean to get snippy but i'm just telling you what she told me, and if she told me it fell out then OBVIOUSLY she knew it fell out.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Nanny Pam said:

FB could feel my IUD.

punjabigyrl

Why not take the pill. As for IUD, everyone on it has their own experience. I have heard equal number of women say they gained weight or their weight stayed they same, some women experienced heavy bleeding, some thier period just stopped, etc. With the Nuvaring it convinent in that you don't bother with it for a week, delivers the same punch as regual BC. It's really a matter of choice.