• NuvaRing

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • IUD

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Why not stick with the regular ole pill? :confused:

I tried depro and had horrible side effects. When I went to my current doctor, he told me to get off it, refused to put me on the patch (at the time everybody was all excited about it), told me that there wasn't enough info out on side effects of the ring, and said no way for the iud. I'm on low dose pills.

Talk to your doctor, but I personally am not "experimenting" any more with bc. I asked to be tied, but they won't do it since I might want kids one day. :rolleyes:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
migtig said:
Why not stick with the regular ole pill? :confused:

I tried depro and had horrible side effects. When I went to my current doctor, he told me to get off it, refused to put me on the patch (at the time everybody was all excited about it), told me that there wasn't enough info out on side effects of the ring, and said no way for the iud. I'm on low dose pills.

Talk to your doctor, but I personally am not "experimenting" any more with bc. I asked to be tied, but they won't do it since I might want kids one day. :rolleyes:
I can't remember to take the pill. I don't have any side effects with the ring, I was just trying for something that doesn't have so many hormones in it.

SoMDGirl42

Just so you know, and IUD doesn't prevent the egg from being fertilized, it only prevents it from attaching to the uterine wall, so technically some people consider it a type of abortion. You actually have a fertilized egg that is aborted from the uterus lining. I'm not advocating pro or con, only stating the facts, and I've known women who once found out this information, only to have the IUD removed because of this.

I've never had one, but I have had friends who loved them, and friends who had a hard time with bleeding and cramping. Everyone is different. My daughter is going to have one put in next week. I'll let you know how she does with the procedure.

Cowgirl

mv_princess said:
hm I am going to the doctors next month to ask about IUDs. But I just wanted to see if anyone had any serious issues with them. Or horrible side effects like with the Patch.

What side effects with the patch? I was on the patch for about a year, then tried the ring, and hated it...so I went back to the patch. The next time I go to the doc, I am going to ask about the pill. I haven't taken it because I didn't know if I was responsible enough to take it every day...I want a low-dose pill though, becauase I feel like I"m more emotional on the patch. It's very convenient though.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Cowgirl said:
What side effects with the patch? I was on the patch for about a year, then tried the ring, and hated it...so I went back to the patch. The next time I go to the doc, I am going to ask about the pill. I haven't taken it because I didn't know if I was responsible enough to take it every day...I want a low-dose pill though, becauase I feel like I"m more emotional on the patch. It's very convenient though.
The patch has been having a lot of problems, lot's of blood clots, and things like that. I gained a TON of weight on it, and had horrible mood swings. The doctor pulled me off of it right away. I thought I heard somewhere they were going to pull it from the stores too. Just because there wasn't proper testing done.

SHELLRJA

Iud

I had the IUD years ago and had a very bad experience it was very painful for me. My husband could feel it also during sex. My doctor had to end up doing emergency in office surgery because it started poking the walls of my uterus. If I am not mistakes the end of it was copper. But it has been so long ago they might have changed. I actually thought they stopped giving IUD because some many people had complaints about them. I would not recommend that to anyone. Good Luck on making your decision.

Cowgirl

mv_princess said:
The patch has been having a lot of problems, lot's of blood clots, and things like that. I gained a TON of weight on it, and had horrible mood swings. The doctor pulled me off of it right away. I thought I heard somewhere they were going to pull it from the stores too. Just because there wasn't proper testing done.

Hmm...the doc didn't mention anything like that. I have only gained a few lbs, if any on it. I do feel more moody though. I talked to the doc about using it like seasonale BC, but she said the hormone levels were too high to use it like that (use the patch straight for 3 months, then have a week off). She said the ring could be used like that, but it (the ring) was too inconvenient.

I want to go to a low-dose pill so I can feel normal again (emotions). :lol:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Cowgirl said:
Hmm...the doc didn't mention anything like that. I have only gained a few lbs, if any on it. I do feel more moody though. I talked to the doc about using it like seasonale BC, but she said the hormone levels were too high to use it like that (use the patch straight for 3 months, then have a week off). She said the ring could be used like that, but it (the ring) was too inconvenient.

I want to go to a low-dose pill so I can feel normal again (emotions). :lol:
I really do love the ring. I haven't had any issues with it.

but I would kinda like to come off the hormones. And to not have to worry about any of it would be great. Just have the IUD put in and forget about it

Cowgirl

mv_princess said:
I really do love the ring. I haven't had any issues with it.

but I would kinda like to come off the hormones. And to not have to worry about any of it would be great. Just have the IUD put in and forget about it

Have you thought about Depo? I'm sure there are side effects, but I feel like there are side effects with any BC. I wish they'd hurry the hell up and make a mens' BC. :rolleyes:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Cowgirl said:
Have you thought about Depo? I'm sure there are side effects, but I feel like there are side effects with any BC. I wish they'd hurry the hell up and make a mens' BC. :rolleyes:
A mens BC would be great!! I thought about depo but that's still hormones. I have enough I don't really need to add more. :lol:

SHELLRJA said:
I had the IUD years ago and had a very bad experience it was very painful for me. My husband could feel it also during sex. My doctor had to end up doing emergency in office surgery because it started poking the walls of my uterus. If I am not mistakes the end of it was copper. But it has been so long ago they might have changed. I actually thought they stopped giving IUD because some many people had complaints about them. I would not recommend that to anyone. Good Luck on making your decision.
If you feel the IUD... it is no longer in place...

After your IUD is put in place, you may swim, exercise, use tampons and have sex as soon as you want to. At the time of each menstrual period, you should check for the string inside the vagina by inserting a clean finger in your vagina. Call your doctor if you can't feel the string or if you feel the IUD itself. Either of these could mean that the IUD is not in the right place. Call your doctor if you miss your period or if you notice any unusual fluid or odor coming from your vagina. Keep having regular check-ups every year.

And yes, the IUD contains copper...

The IUD doesn't protect you from AIDS or any other sexually transmitted diseases. In fact, these infections can be more serious in women who have an IUD. In addition, the more people you have sex with, the greater your chance of getting an infection if you have an IUD. The IUD is best for women who have only one long-term sex partner. In addition, you shouldn't use the IUD if you're pregnant, if you're allergic to copper, or if you have abnormal bleeding or cancer of the cervix or uterus.

ashliekay711

Cowgirl said:
I wish they'd hurry the hell up and make a mens' BC. :rolleyes:

how many men do you know that would actually be willing to take this though? it's been the womans "job" to remember all these years