Which is betteR?

• NuvaRing

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • IUD

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Cowgirl

nachomama said:
Oh my god girl. I used to wake up in the middle of the night beating the h*ll out of my then-husband. Once I even placed a pillow on his face and laid on it. And the night I took the frying pan on him would make bcp's wife blush.

Oh wait a minute, maybe that wasn't the patch. My bad. :lmao:

:lmao: You have to be on the patch to claim it's causing the problem!

MMDad

Lem Putt
mv_princess said:
Thanks. :ohwell: The differences between people aren't really good. Maybe I will just stick with my Ring.
:howdy: I'm snipped. You could use me until you're ready to have kids, then dump me. We just have to figure out how to sell my wife on this plan.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MMDad said:
:howdy: I'm snipped. You could use me until you're ready to have kids, then dump me. We just have to figure out how to sell my wife on this plan.

I've been fixed since I was 28. :diva:

LordStanley

I know nothing
nachomama said:
Oh my god girl. I used to wake up in the middle of the night beating the h*ll out of my then-husband. Once I even placed a pillow on his face and laid on it. And the night I took the frying pan on him would make bcp's wife blush.

Oh wait a minute, maybe that wasn't the patch. My bad. :lmao:

Baby, you soooooooooo have a way with words :jameo:

:lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
On another note!

Cant they make patches look better??? Heart shaped and Red or maybe in the shape of a playboy bunny....

I know why the patch works, cause when you go down on your woman and see it near her who-ha, its a big turn off.... Or when they stick them on thier a$$... You look down and see this huge band aid, WTH!!!! Does it have to be on the same spot that Im putting my hand?

Cant you put them on your feet or something?.

Cowgirl

LordStanley said:
On another note!

Cant they make patches look better??? Heart shaped and Red or maybe in the shape of a playboy bunny....

I know why the patch works, cause when you go down on your woman and see it near her who-ha, its a big turn off.... Or when they stick them on thier a$$... You look down and see this huge band aid, WTH!!!! Does it have to be on the same spot that Im putting my hand?

Cant you put them on your feet or something?.

:shrug: You can put them anywhere except the girls....

Cowgirl

LordStanley said:
Well in that case, from a mans perspective.... Ladies, put them on your feet, instead of near your fun areas!

:smack: It's hard enough trying to find a place that doesn't get rubbed by pants, bra, etc...you're being too picky. You should feel lucky that the woman is willing to go through that crap (BC) to make both of your lives easier. Geesh... isn't a patch on the butt better than a condom?

LordStanley

I know nothing
Cowgirl said:
:smack: It's hard enough trying to find a place that doesn't get rubbed by pants, bra, etc...you're being too picky. You should feel lucky that the woman is willing to go through that crap (BC) to make both of your lives easier. Geesh... isn't a patch on the butt better than a condom?

In most cases its easier to wear a condom.

You dont have to worry about the patch falling off some schweaty chicks butt. :lmao:

Less mess with a condom. Women dont have to squeeze thier legs together and run to the toilet.

Men can last longer with one. No girls like a minute man.

they come in different flavors!

And they are ribbed for your pleasure :lmao:

ShyGirl

Ortho-Evra

Cowgirl said:
What side effects with the patch? I was on the patch for about a year, then tried the ring, and hated it...so I went back to the patch. The next time I go to the doc, I am going to ask about the pill. I haven't taken it because I didn't know if I was responsible enough to take it every day...I want a low-dose pill though, becauase I feel like I"m more emotional on the patch. It's very convenient though.

I was on the Ortho-Evra patch for just a couple of months. I went to the doc to complain that things would hit my brain, but I was having trouble making sense of ANYTHING. Simple things that I would normally do without thinking, I couldn't figure out. Initially, she thought I was pre-menopausal. When I pressed the issue, she ended up running a blood test.

We found out that not only were my hormone levels too high, but my red blood cells were extremely swollen. She told me to stop using the patch immediately.

Now, I'm taking Solia.

Cowgirl

LordStanley said:
In most cases its easier to wear a condom.

You dont have to worry about the patch falling off some schweaty chicks butt. :lmao:

Less mess with a condom. Women dont have to squeeze thier legs together and run to the toilet.

Men can last longer with one. No girls like a minute man.

they come in different flavors!

And they are ribbed for your pleasure :lmao:

:lol:

Cowgirl

ShyGirl said:
I was on the Ortho-Evra patch for just a couple of months. I went to the doc to complain that things would hit my brain, but I was having trouble making sense of ANYTHING. Simple things that I would normally do without thinking, I couldn't figure out. Initially, she thought I was pre-menopausal. When I pressed the issue, she ended up running a blood test.

We found out that not only were my hormone levels too high, but my red blood cells were extremely swollen. She told me to stop using the patch immediately.

Now, I'm taking Solia.

Yeah, I'm going to switch to something else. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
The concept of the IUD is nice ... worry-free, long-term BC. :yay: I had Mirena for about 5 months then had it removed because I was having screwey cycles (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on ...) but that doesn't mean it would happen with you. Otherwise, it was great. Insertion was a bit painful though.

I will say that most ob/gyn's are hesitant to insert an IUD if you have not already had children and/or are married for a couple of reasons ... it's meant to be a long-term (couple years) solutions ... and it's somewhat difficult/painful to have your cervix dialated if you've not borne children previously. I'd had a c-section with DQ, and when I had Mirena inserted, the GYN said I had a cervix like Fort Knox. :diva: ... also, while you may not be one of them, you have a lot of young twits out there who confuse birth control with STD-protection.

Now, I also have done (and currently use) the nuvaring and have no side effects, my cycles are normal, and it's almost worry-free (once every 3 weeks isn't bad compared to a pill daily). But that's only until I have my tubes snipped, tied, burned, etc. here in another month or so. :yay: