Black Folks Camp Too (BFCT)

Grumpy

Around that time I was on a FB group that was predominantly black people, with the stated goal of having honest conversations about race. I asked a simple question: "Why do black people hate the term 'Negro'?"

DAMN!!

You'd think I'd called them all n-words the way they started attacking me. I left the group because they made it clear they weren't interested in having any conversation about race that wasn't some ignorant hate-whitey grievance screed. It occurred to me that they all lashed out because they have no idea why Negro is offensive, they're just mindlessly doing what they're told to do and it freaks them out when anyone questions their programming.

But it did answer my question. Ignorant black people hate the term 'Negro" because their Democrat massas told them to. Just like why they vote Democrat - because their Democrat massas told them to. And if they give any thought regarding who to vote for, they ain't black.....
Was on some msg board back in the day(compuserve?) that was posting song lyrics and discussions. I posted "Faraway Eyes" by the stones and got crucified for the 2nd line of song..("Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station"). I remember thinking that there are a ton of stupid folks out there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Was on some msg board back in the day(compuserve?) that was posting song lyrics and discussions. I posted "Faraway Eyes" by the stones and got crucified for the 2nd line of song..("Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station"). I remember thinking that there are a ton of stupid folks out there.

No idea why they'd be offended by "colored" either. You'd think "African American" would piss them off more because an enormous number of black people in this country don't have roots in Africa, plus it screams othering. But the Democrat massas have dubbed them "African" so African they shall be.

Hijinx

Never understood why we can call them people of color but we can't say Colored people.
But what the heck I have figured out that it doesn't matter what white people say, they are perpetually offended by everything but hitting the Lotto.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Never understood why we can call them people of color but we can't say Colored people.
But what the heck I have figured out that it doesn't matter what white people say, they are perpetually offended by everything but hitting the Lotto.
I'm sure that SMC bint will be along to educate you.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
because an enormous number of black people in this country don't have roots in Africa
My friend Louis' parents went to Africa on their honeymoon. No one would acknowledge they were anything but dark Americans because they had no idea of who their ancestors may have been.