Blessing of the Bikes

Vince

Vince said:
I love Harley's, but I'm not willing to pay that much money for a name. Next bike will be a Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600 or a Honda VTX 1800
Oh, BTW if I could afford a Harley, I would dayum well buy one. I love the low rider or wide glide.

Vince

Hey Aps, know anyplace I can get parts for an '86 Honda VT1100? Only found one place that even stocked them and they were out of stock on the exhaust system.

A

Anvil

morganj614 said:
Morning Anvil, nice to see ya out and about last night for wings.Say hi to cousin Roy for me!
morning to you too morganj614!! them there wings were good.I could have used some help last night,first time a woman hit on me like that, hee hee!thought Cousin Roy would come up. beautiful night for a ride though. bike was running sweet. gotta go this thing taking forever this morning

A

Anvil

morganj614 said:
She was hitting on you? She drove me nuts earlier and I wanted to punch her out to shut her up..Next time we'll set up a "sign" for help. :killingme If cousin doesn't have a biatch here do you think he will ride me? :razz: :lol:
heck I'll ride ya!!!!!!!Hee hee. this dam thing isn't working today. kicked me off first time,didn't think first post took. I thought you two were together,sorry. well going to look for a job , what a drag!!! see ya later, be bad, hee, hee.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
morganj614 said:
She was hitting on you? She drove me nuts earlier and I wanted to punch her out to shut her up..Next time we'll set up a "sign" for help. :killingme If cousin doesn't have a biatch here do you think he will ride me? :razz: :lol:
AL??

Freedhem

Roid Hunter in training
Anvil said:
heck I'll ride ya!!!!!!!Hee hee. this dam thing isn't working today. kicked me off first time,didn't think first post took. I thought you two were together,sorry. well going to look for a job , what a drag!!! see ya later, be bad, hee, hee.
What kind of job are you looking for?

Ponytail

Vince said:
Oh, BTW if I could afford a Harley, I would dayum well buy one. I love the low rider or wide glide.

For the price of the new VTX 1800, you could have any Harley you want. Unbelievable what they're asking for those things.

Ponytail

Hey Anvil...

Since you've mentioned that you've rebuilt your bike twice, and with it being a shovel, I'm guessing that you might have some good info concerning a local v-twin performance shop where I could take my EVO heads to have them "massaged" a little?

I found a place on line that I could send them to for a quick turn around, but I'd rather keep the money local.

TIA

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
For the price of the new VTX 1800, you could have any Harley you want. Unbelievable what they're asking for those things.
:confused: I don't know of any Harley you could get for $13,700 (list) add taxes,title, blah blah and you get one out the door for less than $15K.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
:confused: I don't know of any Harley you could get for $13,700 (list) add taxes,title, blah blah and you get one out the door for less than $15K.
$12,899 for the base VTX (which you can actually buy) vs $17,000 for a base Fat Boy (which you can't buy without the dealer adding a lot of options).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My brother (in pic) is a huge fan of long distance rides. This is at the conclusion of a 24 hour 1500 mile ride. Over the years he's got me hooked on BMW, now I just have to win the lottery so I can get one. He's planning a cross country ride this summer, from Idaho to here and back. Mentioned I could meet him somewhere mid-way and could trailer it here, he told me I was nuts.. If I see a BMW on a trailer or in the back of a pick-up it's probably been stolen.
I get updates from him all the time, and some of the rides they do are insane. 36 hour and 48 hour rides are fairly common. They are all organized, routes laid out, checkpoints you have to find and clear, and it sounds like a lot of fun. Can't imagine doing anything like it on a Harley or a "custom".

Attachments

• editedgenesBMW.JPG
    editedgenesBMW.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 109

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
1200 Sportser $9495

Vince

They cancelled me again. :banghead: Found another place that listed my exhaust pipes and they're out of stock. Manufacturer discontinued. :banghead: So I guess if I want new pipes, I'm going to have to go aftermarket.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
My brother (in pic) is a huge fan of long distance rides. .... Over the years he's got me hooked on BMW, now I just have to win the lottery so I can get one.
Sounds like he might be a member of the Iron Butt club. Some of their stuff is a little crazy.

Bob's BMW or Mortons usually have some good deals on used BMWs. Or check E-Bay.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vince said:
Read alot of reviews on the 1200 Sporty. Vibration problems cruising at 60mph and above. You're better off with the 883.
That's part of Harley's marketing plan. They get to sell you new parts when the originals vibrate off. :lol:
The new Sporsters now have counterbalancers to control vibration. Heard you can actually see things in the rear view mirrors now.