Blessing of the Bikes

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Sounds like he might be a member of the Iron Butt club. Some of their stuff is a little crazy.

Bob's BMW or Mortons usually have some good deals on used BMWs. Or check E-Bay.
Yep, that's the club. He mentioned the same thing, go to the dealer and find a nice used BMW. I REALLY like the dualsport, I think this year it's called the adventure? Would be looking for one 4 or 5 years old though.

Ponytail

Pete said:
:confused: I don't know of any Harley you could get for $13,700 (list) add taxes,title, blah blah and you get one out the door for less than $15K.

My mistake...daggum Canadien money. :oops:

Ponytail

Vince said:
Read alot of reviews on the 1200 Sporty. Vibration problems cruising at 60mph and above. You're better off with the 883.

Sportsters have ALWAYS vibrated at highway speeds. I had the 1200C and rode the snot out of that bike. I put 14,000 miles on it in a year and a half. And traded it in for what I paid for it. Even after I got the bigger Softail, I still miss that Sporty.

I know SEVERAL people that have the 2004's and love them. Mine was a '98 so it was the old evolution engine with a hard mount. The 2004's are counterbalanced and rubber mounted.

The vibration that they talk about isn't that bad. It's just like a "buzz" that you feel in your feet and hands and on really long rides, you have to shake your hands off once in awhile to get the blood flowing again.

Aps jokes about chit falling off these things. :lol: I laugh, because it's true. I went thru more foot pegs...hell, my aircleaner cover even blew off once. I finally got piossed off enough and took EVERYTHING off of it and re-installed it all with red-loctite. Harley uses that stuff when they build it. But I was a new Harley owner, insisted upon doing my own maintenance...and didn't know better. I quickly learned.

If you think you might want a new Sportster, go rent one for the day. It'll cost you $100-$125 and it's yours all day, turn it in the next morning. Well worth it. USUALLY, if you do this, the Harlet shop where you rent it from keeps track of your rentals and up to a certain amount, will knock off the top, what you've spent in rentals.

Vince

Ponytail said:
Sportsters have ALWAYS vibrated at highway speeds. I had the 1200C and rode the snot out of that bike. I put 14,000 miles on it in a year and a half. And traded it in for what I paid for it. Even after I got the bigger Softail, I still miss that Sporty.

I know SEVERAL people that have the 2004's and love them. Mine was a '98 so it was the old evolution engine with a hard mount. The 2004's are counterbalanced and rubber mounted.

The vibration that they talk about isn't that bad. It's just like a "buzz" that you feel in your feet and hands and on really long rides, you have to shake your hands off once in awhile to get the blood flowing again.

Yeah, I know all about the vibs. My Honda vibrates like that at around 55mph, but as soon as I go above that to 60 or 65 it quits. Have to shake my hands to get the feeling back in them. Never had anything fall off the bike yet. And I check nuts and bolts for tightness over the winter when I'm not riding.

Ponytail

morganj614 said:
:fixed: (I hope)

Only one person (forumite) has fallen off of my bike. Thank goodness we had stopped. Not the best dismount I had ever witnessed, but definitely one of the most comical. :otter:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
Only one person (forumite) has fallen off of my bike. Thank goodness we had stopped. Not the best dismount I had ever witnessed, but definitely one of the most comical. :otter:
:99bottlesofbeer: :lmao:

dustin

UAIOE
Ponytail said:

You don't have an extra bike laying around in your basement do you?

Ponytail

dustin said:
You don't have an extra bike laying around in your basement do you?

Not yet. I'll let ya know though for sure if it happens. :yay:

Hey, if you're interested in a CB-1 ('80 I believe) I could get you a pretty good deal I think.

dustin

UAIOE
Ponytail said:
Not yet. I'll let ya know though for sure if it happens. :yay:

Hey, if you're interested in a CB-1 ('80 I believe) I could get you a pretty good deal I think.

You mean to tell me all those bike parts you claim to have in your basement are there and you can't build one from all of em??? :lol:

Honda CB-1.....for some reason all I can think of is "Mad Max"...good deal meaning what? 300 bucks? :lol: