Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcp

In My Opinion
I know. I don't understand why people even bring up how people drive in other countries. Especially when we have states in our own country that have "keep right" laws.

dont have a keep right law in Maryland, might I suggest moving this argument to a state that does have that law?
and even in those states, the maximum speed is the maximum speed, so by saying that slower traffic should stay right, they are giving the legal option of driving slower.
If the speed is 70 in a keep right state, you should still not exceed 70 when you move to the left lane to pass the guy going 65.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dont have a keep right law in Maryland, might I suggest moving this argument to a state that does have that law?
and even in those states, the maximum speed is the maximum speed, so by saying that slower traffic should stay right, they are giving the legal option of driving slower.
If the speed is 70 in a keep right state, you should still not exceed 70 when you move to the left lane to pass the guy going 65.

:boxorox:

sockgirl77

You both either chose to completely ignore the point, or you both really are a box of rocks.

We choose to completely ignore the point that people should not speed and that we should not have to change our driving pattern to accomodate speeders or that we are both stupid for obeying traffic laws?

bcp

In My Opinion
You both either chose to completely ignore the point, or you both really are a box of rocks.

I think we understand the point very well
there is a maximum speed that we can go, you by the virtue of being behind me, can not dictate that I move faster, and as we all know, there are times when moving right means you will never get back left again due to the speed racers that consider the speed limit a suggestion.
Maybe if the speeders were a bit more considerate and would actually let someone come from the right lane into the left lane when a turn signal was used, maybe just maybe some of us might be more inclined to move on over for you.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We choose to completely ignore the point that people should not speed and that we should not have to change our driving pattern to accomodate speeders or that we are both stupid for obeying traffic laws?

No. That was not my point. That's you, perpetuating the argument.

You see. Here is a perfect example of ASS#$%^ of the Year. Could just care less about courtesey. Its why Ill always return your courtesey with a well deserved middle finger. Too much pride to simply pull to the right. Where are my James Bond rocket launchers when I need em.

So courtesy pretty much means getting out of your way right?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
If I go to Europe, I will certainly drive by their laws.
However, Im here, in the U.S so I have no option but to drive our laws.
and the posted speed limit is not a suggestion, it is the maximum allowed with perfect road conditions.
Next time you get a ticket, try telling the judge that the posted limit is only a suggestion.

The speed limit posted is the suggested limit. I think any common sense judge would agree. Judges aren't engineers or some geometric scientist. If it was the maximum allowed then we would have turmoil across the country. A brain is a terrible thing to waste. Or perhaps it's the character, not the smarts!

bcp

In My Opinion
That we, the law obeyers, should have courtesy towards the law breakers and move out of their way.

Well by God, I dont know why us ignorant people dont just sell our cars since we obviously have no grasp on the driving laws.

Funny though isnt it?
we are being ignorant when we do the speed limit because we are dictating how fast the numbnuts behind us can go
Yet, they are not being ignorant by dictating the lane we should be in.

Getting ready to go to silver spring now. I think in honor of this thread Im going to hit the highway at 1 under the limit and just hog the F out of the lanes.

sockgirl77

The speed limit posted is the suggested limit. I think any common sense judge would agree. Judges aren't engineers or some geometric scientist. If it was the maximum allowed then we would have turmoil across the country. A brain is a terrible thing to waste. Or perhaps it's the character, not the smarts!

No, it is the posted legal maximum limit. Are you that ignorant to actually believe that it's just a suggested maximum?

sockgirl77

Well by God, I dont know why us ignorant people dont just sell our cars since we obviously have no grasp on the driving laws.

Funny though isnt it?
we are being ignorant when we do the speed limit because we are dictating how fast the numbnuts behind us can go
Yet, they are not being ignorant by dictating the lane we should be in.

Getting ready to go to silver spring now. I think in honor of this thread Im going to hit the highway at 1 under the limit and just hog the F out of the lanes.

I was so incredibly tempted to drive solely in the left lane on the ride home last night. :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion

Im sorry but all I can find is that the speed limit set is the maximum allowed.

I cant find anywhere that it says its only a suggestion. Can you point out your reference to this for me?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Im sorry but all I can find is that the speed limit set is the maximum allowed.

I cant find anywhere that it says its only a suggestion. Can you point out your reference to this for me?

No, I am not going to waste my time. You are already too convinced that you are so right.. nothing is going to matter. Only thing to fix you is some wall-to-wall counseling. lol. But I will hint, go back to my first post where I talk about "principle". Something you and cable sock just can't seem to grasp. I am done... just another thread of airheads arguing for the sake of talking to themselves, beating the keys and think... HA! I won! :smack:

tercel95

I think we have already established that people doing the speed limit in the left lane have no legal obligation to move over. It IS a courtesy to yield to fast moving traffic. However, if you don't move over just because you think other people shouldn't be speeding then you are a d-bag. If you are riding peoples bumpers, weaving in and out of traffic, and grossly exceeding the speed limit then you are also a d-bag.

Cliff notes: People of both viewpoints are legally entitled to be d-bags, but why would you want to be?

puggymom

I think we have already established that people doing the speed limit in the left lane have no legal obligation to move over. It IS a courtesy to yield to fast moving traffic. However, if you don't move over just because you think other people shouldn't be speeding then you are a d-bag. If you are riding peoples bumpers, weaving in and out of traffic, and grossly exceeding the speed limit then you are also a d-bag.

Cliff notes: People of both viewpoints are legally entitled to be d-bags, but why would you want to be?

That sums it up nicely :thumbup: