Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcp

In My Opinion
No, I am not going to waste my time. You are already too convinced that you are so right.. nothing is going to matter. Only thing to fix you is some wall-to-wall counseling. lol. But I will hint, go back to my first post where I talk about "principle". Something you and cable sock just can't seem to grasp. I am done... just another thread of airheads arguing for the sake of talking to themselves, beating the keys and think... HA! I won! :smack:

Condensed version:

I was hoping that everyone would just accept my false statement that the speed limit was only a suggestion. Damn that BCP for calling me on it.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
As previously stated, I primarily do drive in the right lane. But, no the person should not have to move. If you want to drive faster, you can choose to do so in another lane.
Here goob, from the drivers handbook. "Right of the center of the roadway" is NOT the left lane!

If you are on a dual (or more) lane highway, you should move your ass over to the right as stated in the manual. Now stop being obtuse and a retard! :smack:

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/resources/dl-002b.pdf

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
At least you are willing to get out of the way...albeit probably to slow for others. Most a&&holes in MD just drive in the left lane like they are on their way to a Sunday morning sermon.....completely oblivious to what is going on around them!

I will have to admit that people who stay in the left lane and are not passing or turning left can be pretty annoying. But I find them far less annoying and less dangerous than those who are road raging because of it. As annoying as they may be, if they are obeying the speed limit, they really aren’t doing anything wrong other than just annoying people. And annoying someone is not against the law.

sockgirl77

From the Maryland Drivers Manual (p. 10):

From Maryland Transportation Code:

Generally, you should keep your vehicle to the right of the center of the roadway, unless you are passing another vehicle going in the same direction, there is a traffic signal designating it is okay to do so, or there is an obstruction that makes it necessary to safely adjust your position.

While (b) doesn't address traveling in the left lane at or above speed but below the speed of other traffic in that lane, it is -or should be- common sense and common courtesy to move over for faster traffic, regardless of speed. It is the job of law enforcement to regulate traffic, not ours.

I believe that this is referring to going over the center line, not about staying in the left lane.

Here goob, from the drivers handbook. "Right of the center of the roadway" is NOT the left lane!

If you are on a dual (or more) lane highway, you should move your ass over to the right as stated in the manual. Now stop being obtuse and a retard! :smack:

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/resources/dl-002b.pdf

See above. Like I said, I've talked to cops about this. There is no law that states that a slower driver should move to the right.

bilbur

I will have to admit that people who stay in the left lane and are not passing or turning left can be pretty annoying. But I find them far less annoying and less dangerous than those who are road raging because of it. As annoying as they may be, if they are obeying the speed limit, they really aren’t doing anything wrong other than just annoying people. And annoying someone is not against the law.

This is true but what I am trying to figure out is why people would intentionally annoy other people? There are a lot of things in life that aren’t against the law but we do them out of courtesy.

MSTR-P

I look at them just like I look at democrats....always holding up someone else's progress!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't think it's spite, I think it's her attempt to perpetuate the argument. Gee, I wonder why she would want to do that?

:shrug:

On another note, when going home from work (NB235), I find that the far right (slow) lane is faster than both lanes 1 & 2 because so many cars are stacked up in those lanes. Also, once people get in the turn lane for route 4, it gets even less congested.

bilbur

See above. Like I said, I've talked to cops about this. There is no law that states that a slower driver should move to the right.

This is true but it is s courtesy thing. Even in parts of Western MD there are signs on the road way that slower traffic should keep right. If slower traffic in the right lane is the general consensus all over the US than why is it different in SMC.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
No there is not a law but it tells you in the drivers manual to keep right. There's a reason for that.

If you want to be an idiot by pursuing your argument, I'll look fwd. to the thread about the "ass hole" who ran you off the road. Should be rather entertaining after the hardheadedness you've displayed in this one. :huggy:

sockgirl77

This is true but it is s courtesy thing. Even in parts of Western MD there are signs on the road way that slower traffic should keep right. If slower traffic in the right lane is the general consensus all over the US than why is it different in SMC.

It's not just in SMC. It's not a MD law. Don't like it, get it changed. :shrug:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Highways have exits and no stop lights.

And no Crane Highway is not a highway.
Ok but the manual does not differentiate between "highway" or any other type of roadway. It's quite clear that you are to keep right of center of any roadway.

Do you have a link defining what is a highway?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This is true but what I am trying to figure out is why people would intentionally annoy other people?

I can answer that. Because that is the only thing in their pathetic lives that they have control over.

bcp

In My Opinion

Gee, lets look at this slower traffic stay right in Western Maryland.
Unless some geological disaster has struck, I do remember Western Maryland as having some pretty decent hills, hills that might keep a truck, or a car towing a camper etc... from maintaining the posted Maximum speed, those vehicles are required to move right as they slow down in order to allow the able vehicles to maintain the posted speed.
Please try to use some common sense here.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ok but the manual does not differentiate between "highway" or any other type of roadway. It's quite clear that you are to keep right of center of any roadway.

Do you have a link defining what is a highway?
Nevermind, I found it. You're incorrect.

Highway
A general term for denoting a public way for purposes of travel by vehicular
travel, including the entire area within the right-of-way. (Maryland MUTCD 2006)
http://www.marylandroads.com/oots/Appendix B - Definitions.pdf