Blue City State Schadenfreude - Elections have Consequences

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Massachusetts is reaching the breaking point with its feel-good sanctuary laws. The Boston Herald ran a story last week headlined, “Maura Healey ‘distressed’ by migrants displacing veterans for Army-Navy game, but won’t provide specifics on migrant housing plan.

Governor Healey is not the only one who’s distressed.

Massachusetts is running out of hotel rooms for regular citizens. Last week, veterans with long outstanding hotel reservations were shocked to discover their reservations canceled right before the Army-Navy game, since hotels had dumped them to grab the much more lucrative government largesse that is funding sleeping quarters, room service, and housekeeping for all the military-aged foreign men lacking any documentation.

image 10.png

It’s getting so bad that, in a clip making the rounds this week, Massachusetts officials called for volunteers to move illegal migrants into their homes: “If you have an extra room or suite in your home, please consider hosting a family. Become a sponsor family. If you’re a landlord or property owner, we can work with you to transition families into permanent housing.”

image 9.png

CLIP: Massachusetts officials call for volunteers to host illegal alien families (0:53).

If some of the aliens are terrorists, and Massachusetts homeowners are “sponsoring” them, does that make them “sponsors of terrorism?” Just asking.

I will bet you my next paycheck that the woke, virtue-signaling “we welcome everyone” signs in Boston’s front yards will be vanishing faster than RoundUp-sprayed weeds. Rubber, meet the road.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Downtown Denver has become a pus-filled sore in an overflowing post-apocalyptic outhouse

Cheapskate that I am, I made a practice of parking about eight blocks away from my downtown office, in the direction of the “bad” part of town. (The parking rate was 10 cents a day – really!) I never had any problems.

As many of you know, I then retired and moved to Aspen. About six years ago, I bought a second home in Denver, in a downtown high-rise condo. I get around.

But now I’m done with my downtown Denver condo. What’s happened to downtown Denver in just the last three years is disgraceful and disgusting.

It’s simply overrun with vagrants. You know, the people we used to call “bums” until “bums” developed a connotation of aimlessness, thieving, voluntarily unemployed, substance-abusing beggars; and then called “homeless” until “homeless” developed a connotation of aimlessness, thieving, voluntarily unemployed, substance-abusing beggars; and then called … well, you get the idea.

So, I’ll simply call these feral humans by their scientific name, “vagrants.” I mean no disrespect in calling them vagrants. To be clear, I do passionately disrespect the vagrants, but calling them vagrants is not my means for expressing that disrespect. This blog is.

“Vagrant” is simply a timeless and accurate term that saves me the trouble and correctness of looking up the latest woke jargon on the subject, for fear of offending someone who – let’s be honest – is not very likely to read this anyway.

Denver now boasts the fourth worst vagrancy problem outside of California, and the tenth worse in the country. This is for a city of modest size compared to San Francisco, LA, Chicago, Atlanta and New York. In vagrancy, Denver is playing big.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrat-Run St. Louis Ranked Most Dangerous City in America

Each place was graded regarding home and community safety, natural disaster risk, and financial safety, with the safest place in the United States being Nashua, New Hampshire.

Meanwhile, St. Louis, Missouri, was ranked the most dangerous city. It was known as the murder capital until 2022 when New Orleans, Louisiana, was found to have the highest murder rate, the Mail article said.

It is important to note that in July, an open records request found that in private texts, St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones (D) noted the ineffectiveness of gun control in other major cities, Breitbart News reported.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Soros-Backed DA Carjacked At Gunpoint In Blue City

New Orleans District Attorney Jason Williams was carjacked at gunpoint on Monday in his own city, the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Williams was walking his 78-year-old mother to his car when two suspects approached the pair, pointed a gun at them and demanded the DA’s car, according to WVUE. The suspects then jumped into the car and drove off before abandoning the vehicle in an undisclosed location and carjacking a young woman in the area 30 minutes later, the NOPD confirmed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Former Staffer for D.C. Democrat Councilmember, Shot Dead Outside Safeway Store

Washington DC is no longer safe for the American public.

A former staffer for Democratic D.C. Councilmember Brianne Nadeau was shot dead outside of a Safeway store in Washington D.C.

The Metropolitan Police Department reported 28-year-old Davon Fuller was shot outside of the Safeway on Monday night. He was later taken to the hospital where he passed away.

In a statement Councilmember Nadeau wrote, “I was shocked and deeply saddened to learn today of the death of Davon Fuller, a former constituent services representative in my office.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Senate Staffer Robbed at Gunpoint in Gun-Controlled Washington, DC

A staffer for Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL) was robbed at gunpoint in gun-controlled Washington, DC, on Thursday shortly before 8:30 p.m.

The staffer “was walking down the sidewalk” when a man approached, put a gun in her face, and said, “‘Give me your purse and keys,'” WUSA 9 reported.

The staffer handed over her keys and other belongings and the robber got in her car and drove off.

The staffer was not physically harmed.

Sen. Britt released a statement after the incident:

We thank God that she is safe and sound after this terrifying incident, and we’re grateful to the Capitol Police Department and Metropolitan Police Department officers who quickly and professionally responded to the scene. It is infuriating and completely unacceptable that an American who is on Capitol Hill to serve her country cannot safely walk the streets of Washington, D.C. at 8:30 at night because of the out-of-control crime in this city. Just look at the police department’s own numbers – this year, robberies are up 68% and motor vehicle thefts are up 102%. Local elected officials in the District of Columbia have the responsibility not just to their citizens, but to the country, to step up and get a hold of the crime crisis ravaging the streets of our nation’s capital.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Detroit synagogue president found murdered outside her home

The Detroit Police Department said in a statement to CBS News that officers responded to a 911 call in downtown Detroit's Lafayette Park neighborhood Saturday morning, where they found a victim dead at the scene from multiple stab wounds.

Police said officers "observed a trail of blood" from the body which led them to the victim's home in the 1300 block of Joliet Place, where the slaying is believed to have occurred.

A motive for the killing is not yet known, police said.

Although police did not identify the victim, the Detroit Free Press reported that the body was found outside the home of Woll.

Hijinx

Again, no description of the perpetrators. I suppose we must assume they are the usual suspects.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Go woke, go broke': Billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya suggests that Northeast cities like NYC and Boston are hemorrhaging income due to political ideology — while the South keeps booming

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/woke-broke-billionaire-chamath-palihapitiya-173000793.html#

With a single tweet, Chamath Palihapitiya, the CEO of Social Capital, recently became the provocative main character of the day on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Palihapitiya sent out a screenshot of a Bloomberg article based on how six southern states had contributed more to U.S. gross domestic product than the northeast corridor of Washington-New York-Boston for the first time in history.

But it was his accompanying caption that sparked hot debate: “Go woke, go broke,” he said, implying that the ongoing culture war and economic policies of northeastern states had facilitated the migration of wealth and economic power to the South.

While tweeps weighed in with their own thoughts — including fellow billionaire Mark Cuban — here’s what the numbers show is really going on.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Reasonable Decisions’: 70% Of Criminals Dem Gov Released Early Went On To Commit More Crimes

Many of the criminals who Democratic Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear released under executive commutation during the COVID-19 pandemic went on to commit new crimes, a report from the state’s government showed.

The report examined the criminal records of the approximately 1,700 criminals that Beshear had released in April and August of 2020 to reduce the prison population during the pandemic. Of those released, roughly 70% went on to commit crimes, with 50% committing felonies within less than a year of their release.

“I believe the last round of commutations was fairly successful at getting people back in society and making sure they are healthy, and we are looking for the same here,” Beshear said after releasing a second round of inmates in August 2020, according to ABC13 WBKO. “I wish each of those individuals a better life moving forward, one that is constructive, one that they can find purpose in, whether that be faith, family or a good job. Let’s help make sure we can work with these individuals and give second chances.”

phreddyp

‘Reasonable Decisions’: 70% Of Criminals Dem Gov Released Early Went On To Commit More Crimes

Many of the criminals who Democratic Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear released under executive commutation during the COVID-19 pandemic went on to commit new crimes, a report from the state’s government showed.

The report examined the criminal records of the approximately 1,700 criminals that Beshear had released in April and August of 2020 to reduce the prison population during the pandemic. Of those released, roughly 70% went on to commit crimes, with 50% committing felonies within less than a year of their release.

“I believe the last round of commutations was fairly successful at getting people back in society and making sure they are healthy, and we are looking for the same here,” Beshear said after releasing a second round of inmates in August 2020, according to ABC13 WBKO. “I wish each of those individuals a better life moving forward, one that is constructive, one that they can find purpose in, whether that be faith, family or a good job. Let’s help make sure we can work with these individuals and give second chances.”
More like 99% if you admit that about a third haven't been caught yet!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Reality strikes! National Review ran a very encouraging story yesterday headlined, “D.C. Mayor Introduces ‘Commonsense’ Legislation to Tackle Rising Crime.” Get this: they are re-funding the police.

image 10.png

CLIP: Muriel announces plan to re-fund the police (51:01).

Yesterday, Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser introduced new proposals to roll back progressive police reforms that Bowser said make it more difficult for police to ensure public safety. “We have to reverse the policy environment in the city that, quite frankly, went haywire in the last three years,” Bowser explained.

Note the passive voice. The policy environment went haywire. Not anybody in particular.

The article explained that Bowser’s anti-crime package, called the “Addressing Crime Trends (ACT) Now” Act, or the ACT Act, will: curb organized retail theft, address loitering around open-air drug markets, and get this, allow an additional charge to be brought against perpetrators who wear masks when committing crimes.

If only someone would have told them masks were a bad idea.

“You should be proud in your city that we give people one chance, two chances, three chances. But your chances can’t affect my safety. And that’s what we’re here to talk about,” Bowser explained, to wild applause.

I won’t suggest you listen to the whole thing. But it is another win in the counter-revolution. We’ll take it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Government-Run Grocery Store Is Predictably Losing Money

"Erie Market, which the city took over in 2021, is losing money almost every month amid stiff competition from a Walmart 15 miles away and a Dollar General across the street," reports the Journal's Joe Barrett. Erie Market posted just a single profitable month during 2022 and lost $132,000.

Maybe Erie's erstwhile government grocers didn't realize that—unlike with other government services—grocery stores are subject to competition. Bummer.

But city officials "aren't giving up," they tell the Journal. Meanwhile, the store's manager says the "goal" is to lose only $100,000 this year.

In other words, maybe Erie should give up?

To be sure, running a grocery store is a tough, low-margin business with tons of competition. There's nothing shameful about a brand new business losing money in that environment—unless that money belongs to taxpayers, many of whom probably aren't even using the government-run store.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New footage of Philadelphia looters ransacking pharmacies, gas station with armloads of stolen goods

In a batch of newly released surveillance videos, the Philadelphia Police Department asked for the community's help in identifying the suspects who were caught on camera breaking into and rampaging an Aldi grocery store, a Walgreens, a Mavis Tire store, a local pharmacy, and an AutoZone.

Surveillance footage shows groups smashing doors and windows before rushing the stores and clearing shelves.

In one video, a group of masked thieves are seen gaining entry into a gas station vestibule, tearing down lottery machine, and stomping on them.

Police say that the group of thieves escaped in a silver sedan after ransacking the store.

In another video, the thieves are seen smashing into a Mavis Tire store and leaving with armfuls of stolen goods.