Blue City State Schadenfreude - Elections have Consequences

SamSpade

I am kind of curious about one thing though -

I always ASSUME that if people are moving OUT of a state - that their home still is sold to someone else.
How does a state lose people overall? Is it because the homes that are bought, are bought by one person, and a family of two or more leaves?

I mean, I can't believe that people just abandon their home and move to Florida.

The other - simple - explanation is that these states lose a lot of renters. Leaving behind a rental doesn't cost you anything.

Hijinx

I am kind of curious about one thing though -

I always ASSUME that if people are moving OUT of a state - that their home still is sold to someone else.
How does a state lose people overall? Is it because the homes that are bought, are bought by one person, and a family of two or more leaves?

I mean, I can't believe that people just abandon their home and move to Florida.

The other - simple - explanation is that these states lose a lot of renters. Leaving behind a rental doesn't cost you anything.
Their homes are bought by the trash they are leaving the state because of and the circle keeps getting worse.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my nieces who lives just outside Oakland and works at a private school there, just got married to her long term fiancé.
A bunch of family from New England attended. They managed to keep to the safe places in the Bay Area for their touristy stuff.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Thankfully, we at Twitchy have done some investigative journalism and identified a possible suspect thought to have lured these individuals from Venezuela and Colombia to El Paso.

giphy.gif

Shall we send his mugshot to the DOJ for you, Mr. Mayor?

CPUSA

With the summer coming and the heat rising, mark my words, violence and mayhem is gonna be off the charts. Maybe you thought the years after the Floyd riots were bad but this summer will be far worse.
One can only hope, because apparently, we haven't learned a DAMN thing from 2020, now have we?...

Hijinx

Governor Newsom. This asswhole wants to be President.
The only thing worse for this country than that is if Yellowstone erupts.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dying San Francisco Sustains Another Massive Blow

Park Hotels & Resorts Inc., which owns and operates the 1,921-room Hilton San Francisco Union Square and the 1,024-room Parc 55 San Francisco, has announced that it is pulling out of Pelosiville, and can you blame them? The inaptly named Thomas J. Baltimore, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Park Hotels & Resorts, announced Monday that it was going to stop payments on a $725 million commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loan that is secured by the Hilton Union Square and the Parc 55. That means that unless someone steps in to take them over, those two hotels will close up, and their shells will become new monuments to the cost of electing Leftists to run cities.

Baltimore (wasn’t Joe San Francisco available?) announced, “This past week we made the very difficult, but necessary decision to stop debt service payments on our San Francisco CMBS loan.” His explanation for this was devastating: “After much thought and consideration, we believe it is in the best interest for Park’s stockholders to materially reduce our current exposure to the San Francisco market.” Why, Baltimore? Did someone get misgendered? Not exactly: “Now more than ever, we believe San Francisco’s path to recovery remains clouded and elongated by major challenges – both old and new: record high office vacancy; concerns over street conditions; lower return to office than peer cities; and a weaker than expected citywide convention calendar through 2027 that will negatively impact business and leisure demand and will likely significantly reduce compression in the city for the foreseeable future.” Thomas J. Baltimore, Jr. is risking the wrath of the woke by making all this clear, but who can deny that he is actually understating his case?

All the points he made go back to the same root cause. Why is San Francisco suffering from “record high office vacancy” and a “lower return to office than peer cities”? Because people don’t want to work in a place where they could have their car broken into and their possessions stolen, only to have police dismiss the incident as a “basic city experience.” Why are there “concerns over street conditions”? Because in San Francisco today, people die of drug overdoses on the street virtually every day. At any given moment, people walking down the street could be menaced by violent drug addicts, and once again, the cops will do nothing. Why is there a “weaker than expected citywide convention calendar through 2027”? Because no one wants to attend a convention in a city where there are actually maps to help people avoid stepping in all the human excrement that is all over the city sidewalks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Red states outpacing progressive-run states in 'racial equality in education,' new study reveals

The study, "2023’s Best States for Racial Equality in Education," revealed the top ten states as New Mexico, Wyoming, West Virginia, Oregon, Vermont, Hawaii, Kentucky, Texas, Arizona and Oklahoma. The study did not include Washington, D.C.

The methodology of the study was conducted by comparing the gap between White and Black Americans with a bachelor's degree and high school diploma, and the disparity in standardized test results.

Massachusets, New Jersey, South Carolina, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, New York, Connecticut, Minnesota and Wisconsin (in descending order) ranked as the lowest 10 states.

SamSpade

Sanctuary cities my azz.

There used to be an old Cold War joke about the Soviet Union, where the Soviet was bragging about how the country shares and has total equality, to a Western reporter.

"So - if you had two houses - you'd give me one?"
"Of course"
"And if you had two cars - you'd just GIVE me one?"
"Yes, that's how it works".
"And if you had two shirts, you'd give me one?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I *HAVE* two shirts".

Clem72

One of my nieces who lives just outside Oakland and works at a private school there, just got married to her long term fiancé.
A bunch of family from New England attended. They managed to keep to the safe places in the Bay Area for their touristy stuff.
like 90% of the bay area is nice and safe. Just stay out of SF, Oakland, and Vallejo. Go visit the vinyards in Sonoma or Napa county or something.