Bluegrass - where to go?

ginwoman

I went to a festival last Saturday in WV. Pickin in the Panhandle, the WV state bluegrass and BBQ festival.

I got to see Charlie Daniels, kinda sad what he has become.

The BBQ was not very good, I went to three different places and everyone there was acting like it was the greatest thing ever.... Heck I've had better at famous daves. I've hit some good places in SOMD so I guess I am spoiled to all others now.

What has Charlie Daniels become?

luvscats

I went to a festival last Saturday in WV. Pickin in the Panhandle, the WV state bluegrass and BBQ festival. I got to see Charlie Daniels, kinda sad what he has become. The BBQ was not very good, I went to three different places and everyone there was acting like it was the greatest thing ever.... Heck I've had better at famous daves. I've hit some good places in SOMD so I guess I am spoiled to all others now.

A few of us went to this too. I thought the groups plugged their new songs and CDs a bit too much. I like a better mix of traditional bluegrass mixed with the newer music. BBQ was fair. The kettle corn and snow cones were good.

luvscats

Prince Fred Volunteer Rescue Squad

PFVRS has a bluegrass jam session each Friday night from around 7pm to 10pm. I'm not sure of the actual times but that's close. $2 donation to get in and the money goes to the rescue squad. It's alot of fun.