Bob Evans To Open

D

Dribbles

Chuck,

If they can get away with it, I'd tell them to go for it. Would I be upset? No. If I am then maybe I should get a waitressing job.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by chuckster
dum_blonde go to this site and see what the law states
http://www.restaurant.org/legal/tips/basics.cfm

Dribbles you are so right. But does that make it right. Let me ask you this,,,, is it fair that tipped employees, servers, bartenders, and bus help only pay taxes on 50% or more on what they make and you and I pay on 100% of what we make?

If you are worried about taxes on your income, you really shouldn't be working for a paycheck. Other incomes offer higher returns with less taxes.

SmallTown

Football season!
Another reason why everybody is paying more in taxes than they should.

But if you look at it from the republican side, this is more money in the consumer's pocket that they can use to keep the economy going. At least, that is what Bush told us when he took office and we all got a check.

SmallTown

Football season!
hey chuckster,
I bet you never thought that posting a public service announcement about something new opening here would result in a legal battle :smile:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by SmallTown
If you are worried about taxes on your income, you really shouldn't be working for a paycheck. Other incomes offer higher returns with less taxes.

Christ here we go. No I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes but I feel that everyone should. This is not a democrat/republican issue. Our Government wastes billions of dollars no matter what party is in office. If they watched and cut back spending maybe we all could have more money in our pockets. Yea I know and if the rabbit didn't stop to pee the dog wouldn't have got him. When over 35% of what I make goes to pay some kind of tax something is wrong.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by SmallTown
hey chuckster,
I bet you never thought that posting a public service announcement about something new opening here would result in a legal battle :smile:

No I didn't. But what the hell .... it's interesting to read what people are thinking

Cracka

Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
:roflmao: I've gotten sick EVERY time I've eaten there. I give a big thumbs down to Bob Evans.
062802puke_prv.gif

Never heard that before,Iv'e eaten there in Ohio more than once and think they are awesome.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Let's try this again.....

Bob Evans should open the first week of December. Tip your server wisely. They are cheating on their taxes and need all the money they can get so they can spend more to keep the republicans happy and we get taxed more to keep the Democrats happy and the restaurant owner can lie about the tips/sales and the honest servers will be allocated extra on their pay checks to make up the difference.
That should cover everything

K

Kizzy

That is a good way to put it chuckster!

I was a waitress and I will admit I didn't claim all of what I made if I didn't have to, but I did work in places that tacked on a certain percent of my sales receipts. When I was a waitress, I made $1.72 (something like that) an hour. I made pretty good money, but you have to remember that a waitress doesn't get paid for time off either. It is a tough job, but it allowed me to save money for college.

D

Dew Catcher

Originally posted by Nodnarb
Perkins was fine, for years. But I dined there for years and it was a good place to get a reasonably priced meal.

I will agree with you there. They did have some good stuff there, along with pricing being good. I always liked their bread bowl salads. Also, in regards to Bob Evans, I have never gotten sick from there. We'll see how this is run. Hopefully we will not get anything like the friendly's that was here. :barf: That place was just disgraceful.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by jazz lady
The only Bob Evans restaurant I have been to is the one in Prince Frederick. My experience has always been positive: very friendly waitresses, quick service, good food.

Me too! I go to that one often and have never had a bad meal.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: re: Bob Evans

Originally posted by dum_blonde
>Not the way it works. Each server is responsible for reporting >their tips to the place where they work. The are required by law >to report 100% of what they put in their pockets as tips. Most >don't and only report maybe 10% of what they make. The >restaurant reports its sales at tax time and the tips reported by >the servers. This has to equal at least 8%-10% of the toal sales >of the restaurant for that year. If not, all the servers will be >allocated tips to make up the difference.

Not the way it works everytime. Where I worked, anyway, the computer system made it so 15% of my sales were reported as tips, no matter what I got. And I am a million percent positive we didn't get reimbursed by allocated tips for low tippage.

Wow, so the computer made you claim a particular amount, even though you weren't proven to bring it home. I guess it's a way to ensure waitresses actually claim a decent amount and get taxed fairly - but it really sucks when you don't make at least that 15%, huh! I have waitressed at numerous places and we used to claim the smallest amounts we could get away with...the lower the claim - the less we got taxed. That was a while ago, and I'd forgotten all about how it worked!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
dum_blonde go to this site and see what the law states
http://www.restaurant.org/legal/tips/basics.cfm

Dribbles you are so right. But does that make it right. Let me ask you this,,,, is it fair that tipped employees, servers, bartenders, and bus help only pay taxes on 50% or more on what they make and you and I pay on 100% of what we make?

It's true - like I said in my previous post, I waitressed years ago and we got to pencil in what we made. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE ever claimed the actual amount! We'd really make $50 and put we made $15. It's so not fair when you think about it, but I guess it's really hard to know 'exactly' what each waitress is making in tips.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Another reason why everybody is paying more in taxes than they should.

I agree, and that's definitely a valid point. I think making waitresses claim exactly 15% based on a computer may be unfair in some instances - depending on the type of restaurant. I do think there is a way to make it fair...just can't quite think of one, haha!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: My Tipping Schedule

Originally posted by yakky doodle
When I dine out, the waiter or waitress starts on an even playing field of 15%. After that, it's a math game. If they do something above and beyond, or are routinely quick with drink refills, I'll slide them up the tip scale. If they let my drink go empty for more than a minute or two, they lose points. If they bring water right off the bat (practically unheard of nowadays), I add 5%. If they let my cup go empty, and like 10 minutes goes by, and they come rushing back to my table smelling like cigarette smoke, I knock 'em down 5 or 10% (depending on how much time it took). If I have to summons another waiter/waitress for anything, they lose points.

Good Lord Yakk... Do you toss in the score card too?? :rolleyes:

Sorry miss, but you took 3.2 minutes to fill my glass, and smelled like smoke, which is 1.6% discount off of your tip. You brought me ranch when I wanted french dressing, minus 3.2% but I liked it so I added back 2.75%. My meal was hot but the bread only softened the butter, when it should have been hot enough to melt the butter. Minus .99% leaving you with a 11.565313545329677% tip, and I didn't tip on the tax because that's just not right. See you next time, here's your Waiter's Tip Scorecard... PS. Please don't spit in my food next time you see me...

Last edited:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by jazz lady
The only Bob Evans restaurant I have been to is the one in Prince Frederick. My experience has always been positive: very friendly waitresses, quick service, good food.

You'll be glad to know then, jazz lady, part of the management team that runs that store will be moving to the California store. I have heard that they do a good job.
The way I see it, anything is better than the choices we have now .... Alice's Road Kill Cafe or IHOP where they need 2 security guards at night. Charlies Deli is a great place for breakfast but he is not open on weekends. I hope that Bob Evans does well.