Boy Scouts and Gay Rights Again.........

Xaquin44

so he's saying that religion and god are important .... gay people can't pray?

edit: you are an idiot. I don't like your politics so I'm kicking you out of your house. Love, your landlord

joke is on you suckapants!

I own.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Because it's the same as saying If you are black or a jew or mexican or Bonehead go someplace else.
edit: 'What does being gay or straight have to do with being a scout?"
As usual, you're comparing apples & oranges. You compared race with a lifestyle choice. You can't choose your race but you can choose your lifestyle.
yes, but god says to love thy neighbor not discriminate them for being different.
Here we go again. God said to love your neighbor and yet He destroyed many civilizations because of their evil lifestyles. Wha's up with that? You can't (won't) see the difference between God's love and His justice so, unless you're asking a question, don't quote the Bible and act like you know something about it.
Being gay is interpreted as being in violation of the bible, and thus a violation of the Scout Oath.

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
Morally straight. Read this Xaquin44. This is what the Scouts stand for. If you don't, DON'T JOIN THEM! Don't come into any organization and try to make them change their rules to fit you. This is the crap that is ruining America. If it's against your beliefs to drink, then don't go into a bar and try to get then to change their rules for you. The Scouts would be walking contradictions if they said their pledge every day but then allowed an immoral lifestyle to be part of them. And please, don't start with the "he hates gays baloney", You all know me better! AATTTSSS right!

Xaquin44

As usual, you're comparing apples & oranges. You compared race with a lifestyle choice. You can't choose your race but you can choose your lifestyle.

I see .... and when exactly did you choose to be straight? Was it a wednesday? Afternoon or morning?

Here we go again. God said to love your neighbor and yet He destroyed many civilizations because of their evil lifestyles. Wha's up with that? You can't (won't) see the difference between God's love and His justice so, unless you're asking a question, don't quote the Bible and act like you know something about it.

So god is a hypocrite .... That said, according to you or maybe it was 2A, we're all sinners .... thats why we beg gods forgivness right? I also heard 2A mention that all sins are equal in gods eyes. So whats the difference .... if we are all sinners and we all ask for forgivness then what does it matter?

Morally straight. Read this Xaquin44. This is what the Scouts stand for. If you don't, DON'T JOIN THEM! Don't come into any organization and try to make them change their rules to fit you. This is the crap that is ruining America. If it's against your beliefs to drink, then don't go into a bar and try to get then to change their rules for you. The Scouts would be walking contradictions if they said their pledge every day but then allowed an immoral lifestyle to be part of them. And please, don't start with the "he hates gays baloney", You all know me better! AATTTSSS right!

moral .... like discrimination? Asking them to change? By being less discriminatory?

I wouldn't go to a bar and demand everyone stop drinking. I don't drink, but I'm still allowed in the bar.

and you say I'm comparing apples to oranges lol

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I see .... and when exactly did you choose to be straight? Was it a wednesday? Afternoon or morning?
Actually, it was a weekend when I was about 12 and I saw my 12 year neighbor (Patty) in a bikini.:hot: That kept me straight for good.:lmao:
Xaquin44 said:
So god is a hypocrite .... That said, according to you or maybe it was 2A, we're all sinners .... thats why we beg gods forgivness right? I also heard 2A mention that all sins are equal in gods eyes. So whats the difference .... if we are all sinners and we all ask for forgivness then what does it matter?
Yes we're all sinners but it does matter. David & Bathsheba are a good example. David messed up big time but he realized he did, asked God to forgive him and didn't repeat his actions, so God forgave him. I can't expect God to bless me if I deliberately sin all I want, then ask forgiveness with a cavalier or desrespectful attitude. We slip now & then but not regularly. If we do, then we're lying about our salvation conversion. If a person is gay and then gets saved, he/she is expected to start a journey away from that lifestyle. If they slip back a time or two, God can forgive them but, if they won't stop their behavior, they probably didn't get saved.
Xaquin44 said:
I wouldn't go to a bar and demand everyone stop drinking. I don't drink, but I'm still allowed in the bar. and you say I'm comparing apples to oranges lol
There you go again. I didn't say you couldn't go into a bar, I said you shouldn't expect them to change their policy because of your beliefs. We Christians don't like drinking, but fat chance that we'll get ALL the bars shut down. (Unless prohibition comes back).

Xaquin44

Actually, it was a weekend when I was about 12 and I saw my 12 year neighbor (Patty) in a bikini.:hot: That kept me straight for good.:lmao:

ok now replace patty with Dave and there you have it. Face it .... it wasn't some decision you researched or something. It just was.

Yes we're all sinners but it does matter. David & Bathsheba are a good example. David messed up big time but he realized he did, asked God to forgive him and didn't repeat his actions, so God forgave him. I can't expect God to bless me if I deliberately sin all I want, then ask forgiveness with a cavalier or desrespectful attitude. We slip now & then but not regularly. If we do, then we're lying about our salvation conversion. If a person is gay and then gets saved, he/she is expected to start a journey away from that lifestyle. If they slip back a time or two, God can forgive them but, if they won't stop their behavior, they probably didn't get saved.

1: If you aren't constantly sinning then why are you constantly begging forgiveness?
2: If being gay is some decison (hahaha whatever) then it seems like a good organization like the scouts would be a nice way to set them boys straight (see the fun double meaning).

There you go again. I didn't say you couldn't go into a bar, I said you shouldn't expect them to change their policy because of your beliefs. We Christians don't like drinking, but fat chance that we'll get ALL the bars shut down. (Unless prohibition comes back).

I don't follow .... gay people aren't trying to shut down the boy scouts. Fact of the matter is (big shock) they just don't want to be unjustly discriminated against.

Xaquin44

According to you Scallion, Islam is a sinful religion correct?

Why are muslims allowed to be boy scouts?

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
ok now replace patty with Dave and there you have it. Face it .... it wasn't some decision you researched or something. It just was.
Yes, because it was natural. Homosexuality is NOT natural.:banghead:
Xaquin44 said:
1: If you aren't constantly sinning then why are you constantly begging forgiveness?
Who said I was "constantly sinning"? When I sin, I ask and when I don't, I don't ask.
Xaquin44 said:
2: If being gay is some decison (hahaha whatever) then it seems like a good organization like the scouts would be a nice way to set them boys straight (see the fun double meaning).
I see it, but they don't go there to get "set straight". I don't take a job and then tell the boss how it's going to be and what my rules are. As a parent, the last thing I want is some gay man or woman alone in the woods with my kid. Same with church. They can come to church and I would welcome them but they can't serve in an official church position while continuing in that "lifestyle". This goes for straight people too. We had a man serving as a deacon and his extramarital affair was found out, so he was told to step down until he dealt with his "lifestyle choice" and he did.
Xaquin said:
I don't follow .... gay people aren't trying to shut down the boy scouts. Fact of the matter is (big shock) they just don't want to be unjustly discriminated against.
Key word "unjustly". They're not being unjustly rejected, but "justly" for membership in an organization that stands for morality. How long can an organization last that compromises what they stand for? This liberal attitude that no one is bad, everyone wins, no one can say anything about anyone (except Christians) without fear of a lawsuit is destroying America. If someone is gay and wants to be a scout, then start your own group and leave the present ones alone.

ImnoMensa

So tell me why anyone who joins the boy scouts as a kid has to say he is gay?

Cant they just keep that to themselves. Like you said, nobody cares as long as you dont make a point of it. Why do gays have to insist that everyone knows their proclivities.

Some kids in there may be banging their mothers for all we know, Dont ask dont tell.

The boy scouts as far as I know dont ask kids who join if they are gay., Is that something new?/ Mostly they want to keep gays from being scout leaders ,that seems to make sense.

Xaquin44

Yes, because it was natural. Homosexuality is NOT natural.:banghead:

It is for homosexuals.

Who said I was "constantly sinning"? When I sin, I ask and when I don't, I don't ask.

of we aren't constantly sinning?

good then I guess now I know that praying is all for naught.

As a parent, the last thing I want is some gay man or woman alone in the woods with my kid.

there we go .... the root of the problem (well your problem) .... what do you think? They going to somehow 'gay' up your kid? Gonna trick them into being gay themselves?

Look I have a few gay friends and if they were to try and get me to 'be gay' or whatever (note, that they would not try as it isn't some choice) they wouldn't have a chance. I can't look at a guy and get turned on. It just isn't in me.

Could a gay guy get you to turn gay?

If someone is gay and wants to be a scout, then start your own group and leave the present ones alone.

When the scouts started in the U.S. black people were not admitted .... then several years afterwards they were. Amazingly, what was viewed as wrong then was looked at again and now there is less discrimination!

Hopefully, their new discrimination will stop soon =)

Xaquin44

So tell me why anyone who joins the boy scouts as a kid has to say he is gay?

Cant they just keep that to themselves. Like you said, nobody cares as long as you dont make a point of it. Why do gays have to insist that everyone knows their proclivities.

Some kids in there may be banging their mothers for all we know, Dont ask dont tell.

The boy scouts as far as I know dont ask kids who join if they are gay., Is that something new?/ Mostly they want to keep gays from being scout leaders ,that seems to make sense.

a good point .... you shouldn't have to tell anyone and it shouldn't matter.

I see no problems with gay scoutmasters either .... They are there to teach responsibility and good conduct. Besides, being gay isn't something you can just teach someone to be lol.

ImnoMensa

How many people take their 10 year old down to join the scouts and say " By the way , I think the kid may be gay"? It doesnt happen too often I bet.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So tell me why anyone who joins the boy scouts as a kid has to say he is gay? Cant they just keep that to themselves. Like you said, nobody cares as long as you dont make a point of it. The boy scouts as far as I know dont ask kids who join if they are gay., Is that something new?/ Mostly they want to keep gays from being scout leaders ,that seems to make sense.
Um, I think that was the point. It's not the kids but the adult instructors who the Scouts are concerned about. Parents expect safety for their kids when they entrust them to any organization.
a good point .... you shouldn't have to tell anyone and it shouldn't matter.
I see no problems with gay scoutmasters either .... They are there to teach responsibility and good conduct. Besides, being gay isn't something you can just teach someone to be lol.
That's your problem. Your perspective is way off. Sure, don't tell anyone that you have mental issues when you buy a gun either; why should they? And sure, anyone can abuse kids but, as we've seen in the church scandals, most are gay men. If they weren't, why did the men abuse boys & not girls? And how can these people ONLY teach responsibility and good conduct when they have neither? It's an accident waiting to happen so why encourage it?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Scouts own the building, City owns the land. They want $200K in rent for the land... WTF? Forget the whole discrimination thing for a minute, that's highway robbery.
The Scouts are a private non-profit organization. As such, they can make rules on who is allowed in and who is not allowed in. However, they can't have it both ways. If they expect free rent form the govt (public), then they'll have to comply with all anti-discrimination laws. If they'd rather excersise their right to ban certain people from their organization, then they'll have to shoulder the responsibility of paying rent.

Xaquin44

Um, I think that was the point. It's not the kids but the adult instructors who the Scouts are concerned about. Parents expect safety for their kids when they entrust them to any organization.

That's your problem. Your perspective is way off. Sure, don't tell anyone that you have mental issues when you buy a gun either; why should they? And sure, anyone can abuse kids but, as we've seen in the church scandals, most are gay men. If they weren't, why did the men abuse boys & not girls? And how can these people ONLY teach responsibility and good conduct when they have neither? It's an accident waiting to happen so why encourage it?

being gay isn't a mental disorder ....

but I guess your bigotry is a bit on the high side to see it.

It's fine .... calling yourself an upstanding christian and hating on the side is cool .... I'm sure god is fine with it.

Xaquin44

Those people are wrong.

edit: and even if it was (it isn't) then there is still nothing that should keep them from being boy scouts. We had a guy in out troop who was mentally handicaped (had one of those electric wheel chairs) (I don't remember the specific handicap or I'd say what it was), and he was fine .... I mean he couldn't participate in things like the rope bridge or the mile swim, but he was still there doing things and participating and getting the badges he could.

Last edited: