Boys...

SamSpade

Why is it so easy for guys to get over girls than it is for guys??

Two things, both of which have been cited in this thread and I strongly agree with both.

One is, men are not as demonstrably emotional as women, but they feel it nonetheless. Their inability to express their emotions is always a problem, even IN a relationship, but it also manifests itself in self-destructive behavior in much greater numbers. For example, men commit suicide at a far greater rate than women do.

Second - it's true that the person doing the breakup has an easier time than the one on the receiving end. They've already considered the decision, they've already weighed the pros and cons - even if briefly - but one way or the other, they were either on their way out for some time, or were never quite as far into it as the one left behind. They've left the room and turned out the lights, and you're wondering why you're in the dark - and it's cause you're still in the room!

It just takes time. There's no easy answer, but the good relationships wouldn't be worth ANYTHING if there wasn't risk involved.

SoMDGirl42

All you're doing now is feeding his ego. He wants you to want him. He needs you to need him. He loves you to love him......................

Go out with one of his friends. If he freaks out, you know he still cares. If he doesn't, he's over you already.

jetmonkey

This backfired in Friends or Along Came Polly.
Take out a piece of paper and make two columns....things I loved about him and things I didn't. Look at the relationship with clear eyes and mind, not your heart. If it was that great, give him time alone and if it was meant to be it will happen. If not then remember the good times, learn from the relationship and look at your list often and remember what you want to have and not have in your next relationship. What you may find around the next bend in the road could be the actual love of your life..................

This one always helped me..........love is a chemical response in the body...when you loose the trigger for the response the body has withdrawals...hence the pain.....and this too will pass.