bridgestone blizzak $150.45
bfg g force ta kdw $101.31
mich pilot xgth4 $140.31
continental conti-trac $131.29

just a few

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
We are now stocking and shipping 4 different types SP performance rotors. The 4 different types are Cross drilled & slotted, Slotted, Cross-Drilled, and Diamond slot. You can search our parts database below to see if they are available for your vehicle. Please allow 2-3 days for shipping because some rotors need to be made to order

They also have an increased tendency to crack where they're drilled or slotted.

John Z

if you will
BTW Pixie, are you still driving an IS300?

Also BTW, 100K miles ain't nothin. I have 156K miles on the Jetta, and I ain't gettin' rid of it (can't afford to) for at least 5 years :nomoney:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
John Z said:
BTW Pixie, are you still driving an IS300?

Also BTW, 100K miles ain't nothin. I have 156K miles on the Jetta, and I ain't gettin' rid of it (can't afford to) for at least 5 years :nomoney:

Still have the IS. My brother has got my old Celica. It HAS to have 200k on it by now and is still kicking. Our beater 4Runner has 260k and is still running like a champ.

Cletus_Vandam

Dun-Flap Tires

I have to agree with you on the Dunlop tires. They pretty much are crap.

I just put a set of Bridgstone tires on my Expedition and I am more than happen with them.

One of the earlier posts mentioned tirerack.com. Go there and find the tire size you're looking for and read the reviews on the different mfr's and styles. The reviews seem to be honest and accurate. They rated the Bridgstones I bought the highest in the group I was looking at, and they turned out to be great tires....

Petter Solberg

Are you looking for performance oriented tires? All Season? What is your budget? Tire Rack has a great deal of test info on various tires.

As far as brake rotors go, I don't recommend slotted rotors. They have absolutely no use for street driving. Heck, I track my car and don't even use them. A solid rotor will be more than adequate for spirited street driving.
As far as brake pads go, I highly recommend Carbotech Bobcat pads for street/spirited driving. They produce little dust and have a high coefficient of friction. I am sure that they would impress you.

http://carbotecheng.com/appguide-pads-lexus.htm

You're not still riding around with my crate of lead in the trunk are you? Now that the threat of snow/ice has passed, you should not need the weight back there.

Once I get my garden tractor running again, I will need the lead back to use as traction weight on it when I use the plow blade.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
huntr1 said:
You're not still riding around with my crate of lead in the trunk are you? Now that the threat of snow/ice has passed, you should not need the weight back there.

Once I get my garden tractor running again, I will need the lead back to use as traction weight on it when I use the plow blade.

:lol: I may be a girl but I'm not that dumb about cars. I found that I should have done a little more research before letting someone put "summer" tires on my car as well. I'm sure that didn't help the crappy snow handling at all. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
pixiegirl said:
:lol: I may be a girl but I'm not that dumb about cars. I found that I should have done a little more research before letting someone put "summer" tires on my car as well. I'm sure that didn't help the crappy snow handling at all. :lol:
That only works if you're willing to switch back to winter tires or all season tires for the winter.
But they do work better. Used to do that with my VW, swapped back to the stock tires and rims in November.

pixiegirl said:
:lol: I may be a girl but I'm not that dumb about cars.
I never said you were dumb, and I have never implied that females know less about cars just because they have boobies instead of balls. :duh:

:whip:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
aps45819 said:
That only works if you're willing to switch back to winter tires or all season tires for the winter.
But they do work better. Used to do that with my VW, swapped back to the stock tires and rims in November.

I didn't realize they were summer tires. I let someone else pick them out. Just now when I was on tirerack did I see that they were summer tires. Now I know why my car handled especially crappy this past winter. The tires plus I forgot about the cool "snow" button. :blush:

Vince

Pixie, for tires get a good steel belted radial. If you're going to move to PA., then get yourself some snow tires for the rear. Otherwise Tires Unless you are going for a look on your rotors forget the holes and slots crap and stick with normal rotors. The fancy ones are not worth the price. If your rotors are bad then replace with the normal ones. Ceramic pads are worth the money, and keep you from having to clean the crap off your wheels all the time.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Guy Motors

The shop part. Does anyone have an opinion? Along with the tires, brakes and rotors I'm looking to have some regular preventative stuff done. Oil changed, things flushed and whatnot. Are they good and reasonably priced?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vince said:
Pixie, for tires get a good steel belted radial.
Summer tires = good steel belted radial
Winter tires = good steel belted radial
All Season tires = good steel belted radial
Non DOT track tires = good steel belted radial

Petter Solberg

Pixie, when it comes to tires, it all boils down to budget and compromise. A tire that is made for all road conditions will not perform great in any single condition(rain, sleet/snow, dry). Your best bet is to purchase an all season. I have heard very good things about the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S (215/45-17) being a great all season tire.
Again, I will suggest an OE Rotor(plain rotor), not slots or cross drilled. The Carbotech Bobcat pad is a great option for pads that provides more than enough bite, and very little dust. A higher performance pad is not worth it because brakes are only as good as the tires. I have used EBC, Hawk, and Axxis Ultimate pads and do not suggest them as they dusted heavily and provided less bite compared to the Carbotechs.

R&R would be my suggestion for servicing your car, although it will be relatively expensive. I do my own maintenance, which is much cheaper and reassuring.

Last edited:

Vince

pixiegirl said:
The shop part. Does anyone have an opinion? Along with the tires, brakes and rotors I'm looking to have some regular preventative stuff done. Oil changed, things flushed and whatnot. Are they good and reasonably priced?
:shrug: Can't really say. I do my own. I'm picky and this way I know it's done right.