Breastfeeding Poll

Should a woman breastfeed in public?

• Total voters

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I nursed both of my kids..I never just whipped one out in public but was always careful to put a blanket or put the baby under my shirt..No one ever made a comment..

Geek

CandyRain said:
There wasn't a choice for "Yes, in private". That's my vote. :yay:

This is a thread about breastfeeding in public, not private :nono: I always tried to breastfeed in private but sometimes that was not an option :shrug:

CandyRain

Geek said:
This is a thread about breastfeeding in public, not private :nono: I always tried to breastfeed in private but sometimes that was not an option :shrug:
I can't think of one situation in which I was unable to excuse myself to go away and feed my son. :shrug:

devilvice

Angel
I breastfed my daughter for 7 months till she didnt want it anymore. If we were at a mall or a restaurant, I was not going to hold back her food or resort to a nasty restroom with no chairs most likely. I always had a blanket over and never yelled out, "Hey look at what I am doing!"

Geek

CandyRain said:
I can't think of one situation in which I was unable to excuse myself to go away and feed my son. :shrug:

I was in Disney World and the nursing station was very far away. My infant was hungry, so I fed her on a bench. She was a very sqirmy feeder and staying covered was not easy. And yes I got some looks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I nursed both of my kids wherever they got hungry. You can be discreet and nobody knows what you're doing. Until, of course, you're sitting in a restaurant and your mother yells out to the waitress, "HEY!!! IS IT OKAY IF SHE BREASTFEEDS HER BABY AT THE BOOTH???"

:rolleyes:

Tina2001aniT

CandyRain said:

Say you were on a plane, what would you do? Would you excuse yourself to the bathroom or feed your son in your seat?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Tina2001aniT said:
Say you were on a plane, what would you do? Would you excuse yourself to the bathroom or feed your son in your seat?
The problem on the plane was that the woman wouldn't use the blanket as requested by the attendent. Nobody said she couldn't feed her kid. She got her boobs in an uproar and refused a simple request. THAT'S what got her arrested.
Not doing what an airline attendant asks will get you arrested EVERY time.

Mikeinsmd

aps45819 said:
The problem on the plane was that the woman wouldn't use the blanket as requested by the attendent. Nobody said she couldn't feed her kid. She got her boobs in an uproar and refused a simple request. THAT'S what got her arrested.

:yeahthat: I always get under the blanket when I breastfeed in public. :jet:

P

PelyKat

The real issue was that the kid was 22 months, so the attendant was offended and judgemental. Yes the woman should have had her own blanket. I wouldn't have used the airplanes either, do you really think they are all that clean? Hell, she was in the 2nd to the last row, by the window. People could just mind their own business.

Geek

aps45819 said:

I dare you to try keeping a 22 month old under a blanket :lmao:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
my EX was very discreet at nursing our children in public. several times though nosey people would come up and say while grabbing the blanket and say something like "oh letme see how cute? opps!!!"

P

PelyKat

A lot of the Latin cultures breastfeed until 24 months. The eat real food too, but considering where they come from, it's the best nutritional source for the kids. And then it just becomes a traditional thingy.

Geek

Mikeinsmd said:
WTF is a 22 month old doing breastfeeding? :faint:

Eating :shrug: Did you read that I breastfed my kids for longer than 22 months

Bring it on cutie pie :boxing:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
WTF is a 22 month old doing breastfeeding?
You know how we'll be blunt about things online, whereas in real life we'd be like, "Oh, isn't that something?" or just not comment?

Breastfeeding a toddler is one of those things I wouldn't be polite about. I think it's revolting and is a sign of a Mommy who has issues. I also can't stand to see a kid over the age of 12 months with a binky sticking out of his face. It's disgusting and makes the kid look like a retard.

And to all you Mommies who will surely blast me for my outspoken views - hey, if you want your kid to look like a retard, who am I to argue with you? :kiss: