Bridal Shower/Wedding

How do you give?

• Gift at bridal shower; nothing at wedding.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gift/money at both bridal shower and wedding.

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Gift/money at wedding only.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

tastycakes

pixiegirl said:
It has to be the difference in NY and SoMD than??? I estimate mine to be around $5K. :faint: I can't imagine $30K.
That really is the difference I guess too. I made my programs and favors myself, only did the flowers for the the wedding party and reception (which still ran over 2 grand for which my mom was kind enough to pay for) and didn't do a video just pics. I even kept my guest list way down so that the cost could stay down. I think it would have been closer to 50 if I had done everything I had wanted. We made the money back and then some so I have nothing to complain about.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
pixiegirl said:
It has to be the difference in NY and SoMD than??? I estimate mine to be around $5K. :faint: I can't imagine $30K.

What are you getting for $5K? There's no way you could do a $5K wedding in DC.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Nickel said:
Why would she be getting married in DC? :lmao:

I'm just saying that DC isn't that far from Maryland, so why is there such a big price difference? Unless she's getting married in her backyard or something?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm sorry.. if I invite any of you to mine and BG's suaree' it will be because we want you there... not your gifts or your money.

We would want to share the day and the joy with friends, and would expect nothing more then for you to show up, and would be grateful to have your company on that day.

I mean, what the hell would we do with another cuisinart??

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
CityGrl said:
I'm just saying that DC isn't that far from Maryland, so why is there such a big price difference? Unless she's getting married in her backyard or something?
I had a wedding in Southern Maryland last year for under $5k, and it wasn't in anyone's backyard. :shrug: All the little tips and tricks mentioned in this thread are excellent ways to save money.