Bridal Shower/Wedding

How do you give?

• Gift at bridal shower; nothing at wedding.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gift/money at both bridal shower and wedding.

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Gift/money at wedding only.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
CandyRain said:
Had 150 guests and yes, from invitations, programs, dress, napkins, cake, flowers, matches, hot buffet, open bar, music, etc., $15K.
I got married in 1991, had 370 guests, Mick's Quail Inn of La Plata catered and I still spent way less than that...:shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Speedy70 said:
Wow, you must have gotten the most expensive stuff then. I just got married last year and my wedding didn't cost that much. And my wedding was in Calvert County.
:yeahthat: On all counts. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Who really cares how much is spent on a wedding? It is YOUR day and if you want to spend as little as $100 or as much as $500K go for it. :yay:

Chasey_Lane said:
Who really cares how much is spent on a wedding? It is YOUR day and if you want to spend as little as $100 or as much as $500K go for it. :yay:
Oh fine... take all the fun out of this thread.... NO KARMA FOR YOU...:war:

Chasey_Lane said:
Fine then. No lunch for you when I return. :buttkick:
I already have pre-scheduled lunch dates with RoseRed, MainMan, Airgasm, SBK, Jameo and Pixie.... you will be having pea withdrawals by the time my lunch card empties...:coffee:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
tastycakes said:
will have to ask, how do you save 5-10 grand just by being crafty?

You make some of the favors and such yourself. That's the "cute" thing to do these days. When was the last time you went to a wedding?

I'm also using a very ornate church that will require minimal decorating. Big money saver! :yay: :yay:

CandyRain

kwillia said:
I got married in 1991, had 370 guests, Mick's Quail Inn of La Plata catered and I still spent way less than that...:shrug:
$800--dress, shoes, vail, etc.
4500--food
3000--bar
1000--music at reception and at wedding
1500--flowers
1200--photographer
4900--cake, matches, limo rental, etc.

:shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
You make some of the favors and such yourself. That's the "cute" thing to do these days. When was the last time you went to a wedding?

I'm also using a very ornate church that will require minimal decorating. Big money saver! :yay: :yay:
Also, an outside ceremony cuts down decorating costs considerably. Since my wedding was outside, and in August, we had cute little Japanese folding fans as our favors. Voila, cheap, original, cute. Weddings do not have to be expensive in the least.

tastycakes

pixiegirl said:

The last wedding I went to was this past weekend. The bride is really into baking so she had found measuring spoons that said things like a heap of love, a dash of laughter, etc. I made my own favors for my wedding- made CD's of my favorite love songs from past to present so that guests of any age would want to listen to it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
tastycakes said:
The last wedding I went to was this past weekend. The bride is really into baking so she had found measuring spoons that said things like a heap of love, a dash of laughter, etc. I made my own favors for my wedding- made CD's of my favorite love songs from past to present so that guests of any age would want to listen to it.
I found Pixie really cute bridesmaid charms. :smile:

tastycakes

CandyRain said:
$800--dress, shoes, vail, etc.
4500--food
3000--bar
1000--music at reception and at wedding
1500--flowers
1200--photographer
4900--cake, matches, limo rental, etc.

:shrug:
Not bad at all. Didn't have the bar bill myself (was included in the catering) the dress was the one item that I had a hard time selling my hubby on. He still doesn't get spending that much on a dress you can only wear once.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
tastycakes said:

It has to be the difference in NY and SoMD than??? I estimate mine to be around $5K. :faint: I can't imagine $30K.

tastycakes said:

I made my own programs and they were so pretty. I also did all the decorations myself (I loved when Michael's had sales!). I also made my own tent cards for the guests. I did a LOT of stuff myself, actually. :yay: Me!