Bridal Shower/Wedding

How do you give?

• Gift at bridal shower; nothing at wedding.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gift/money at both bridal shower and wedding.

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Gift/money at wedding only.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
tastycakes said:
This is just the norm there. Has nothing to do with bragging rights. Honestly, the one thing that had bragging rights to it was who came up with the best favor. This was also usually the cheapest cost of the whole event. It's all done in just having a great time.
It makes more sense since you added that you were talking NY... I am sure that the cost of weddings, like anything else, are in line with the cost of living for a given area. Renting a hall in NY is probably equates to the full cost of a wedding in our area.

tastycakes

kwillia said:
It makes more sense since you added that you were talking NY... I am sure that the cost of weddings, like anything else, are in line with the cost of living for a given area. Renting a hall in NY is probably equates to the full cost of a wedding in our area.
Just curious, what does an average fully catered wedding cost down here?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Tastycakes, I'll be needing your contact info so that I can make sure you get an invitation to both the shower and the wedding. :yay: :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
Average is between $10-$15K, if you're crafty you can do it for $5K. :whistle:
:yeahthat: My best friend's wedding was probably at the $15k mark, and I'd say it was fairly traditional, and IMO at times a little pretentious. :lol:

tastycakes

pixiegirl said:
Average is between $10-$15K, if you're crafty you can do it for $5K. :whistle:
Thanks! Have a daughter who is going to be 16 soon and don't want to have her party equal that of a wedding. Sort of glad since this will save me a bunch :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
tastycakes said:
will have to ask, how do you save 5-10 grand just by being crafty?
You make table favors yourself, get a bunch of family/friends together to cater, skip the expensive 12-tier cake, limit your guests, etc. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane said:
You make table favors yourself, get a bunch of family/friends together to cater, skip the expensive 12-tier cake, limit your guests, etc. :shrug:

And don't forget eBay! I got a lot of my wedding items (card box, wedding purse, labels for favors, guestbook, etc) from eBay. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Good idea! You hear that, Pixie?
I bought my garter on ebay, there's a seller (probably many) that handmakes them per your specifications (size, color, etc.). It was cute, and very well priced. :yay:

CandyRain

tastycakes said:
Just curious, what does an average fully catered wedding cost down here?
Many years ago in Waldorf, mine cost $15K. I'm sure it would be almost double that now. :shrug:

Chasey, those invitied to your shower should bring a gift for YOU and those same people should bring a gift or money for you both. :yay:

CandyRain said:
Many years ago in Waldorf, mine cost $15K. I'm sure it would be almost double that now. :shrug:

Chasey, those invitied to your shower should bring a gift for YOU and those same people should bring a gift or money for you both. :yay:

No way. How many guests did you have? 500?

CandyRain

Speedy70 said:
No way. How many guests did you have? 500?
Had 150 guests and yes, from invitations, programs, dress, napkins, cake, flowers, matches, hot buffet, open bar, music, etc., $15K.

CandyRain said:
Had 150 guests and yes, from invitations, programs, dress, napkins, cake, flowers, matches, hot buffet, open bar, music, etc., $15K.

Wow, you must have gotten the most expensive stuff then. I just got married last year and my wedding didn't cost that much. And my wedding was in Calvert County.