Brown Recluse Spider

camily

Peace
Mikeinsmd said:
Was it??? :faint: It wasn't supposed to be!!! :huggy: :flowers: :love:
I know, I laughed about it. That is the second time today I have gotten accidental red! :lol: MMDad did it earlier too! I think it's a conspiracy. :razz: I know you love me.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
:howdy: Sorry I didn't stop and chat. My children were loose in the store so I was rushing. :lol:
Quite alright! I was in a total daze all the same... :eek:neofthosedays: :faint:

It would have been nice to meet the chitlins, tho! Next time! :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
bcp said:
chances are if you are bitten by a brown recluse in Maryland, it came in on someones luggage that traveled to an area that it lives.
it does not live in Maryland as a natural habitat.

there are however other things that will do that same damage that do live here.
one example and the most common around here is the wheel bug

first, a map of the Brown Recluse habitat area of the U.S

Next a picture of the Wheel Bug that IS common around here and can be found crawling on the lawn furniture, the car the deck rail etc...

a better picture of the wheel bug

The bite from the Wheel bug can often do the same damage to the body that the brown recluse can do. the healing can take months and it is possible to have non repairable damage.

the brown recluse is not a major threat in this area unless it is brought in.
the wheel bug however is common to this area and should be avoided.

now that you know what it looks like, just wait until you see how many are around and you just never took the time to realize it.

This public service message was brought to you by BCP.
While not a natural inhabitant they do pop up around here every once in a while, guess the aren't very good at reading the map to know where they should be. :biggrin:

bcp

In My Opinion
Ken King said:
While not a natural inhabitant they do pop up around here every once in a while, guess the aren't very good at reading the map to know where they should be. :biggrin:

chances are if you are bitten by a brown recluse in Maryland, it came in on someones luggage that traveled to an area that it lives.
it does not live in Maryland as a natural habitat.

I sorta covered that in the original post.

Ken King

PREMO Member
bcp said:
I sorta covered that in the original post.
Yeah, I was just reiterating what you had said and I suspect that the majority of them that find there way here come in on eighteen-wheelers hauling household goods for people moving here. My other point was simply that the spiders aren't smart enough to read the map you provided showing where they are supposed to be which is a lot like someone from Central Maryland posting on the Southern Maryland site. :biggrin:

bcp

In My Opinion
Ken King said:
which is a lot like someone from Central Maryland posting on the Southern Maryland site. :biggrin:

I stowed away in camilys trunk when she came up here and did some food shopping.

seems that she picked up a chicken leg from the meat department that I was still chewing on and I refused to let go,, next thing you know??? Here I am pestering you all.

camily

Peace
bcp said:
I stowed away in camilys trunk when she came up here and did some food shopping.

seems that she picked up a chicken leg from the meat department that I was still chewing on and I refused to let go,, next thing you know??? Here I am pestering you all.
You rotten bastard!

Really, something smelled bad.

bcp

In My Opinion
camily said:
You rotten bastard!

Really, something smelled bad.

I suprised you didnt notice the fat man with the chicken bone stuck in his mouth when you got home.

and as far as rotten,, if you would not have stopped at everyones house that you knew,, I would not have had that accident... For Gods sake woman, I can only hold it so long.

Ken King

PREMO Member
bcp said:
I suprised you didnt notice the fat man with the chicken bone stuck in his mouth when you got home.

and as far as rotten,, if you would not have stopped at everyones house that you knew,, I would not have had that accident... For Gods sake woman, I can only hold it so long.
So you're really Mainman, huh? :killingme

Good thing you didn't get a hold of any of K-Jo's chicken, you would be colored like a brown recluse from it's affects.

camily

Peace
bcp said:

Excuses excuses. You did the same thing last week and we only went to 7-11 so don't give me that old song and dance that it was my fault.

onebdzee

off the shelf
bcp said:
Did I mention that you had a spider in your trunk???

For her sake I hope that it's not as big as the wolf spider I saw walking across the floor in my shop the other day

I wear a size 7 shoes and it filled up the entire sole of it :biggrin:

Made a strange noise as it went "squish", too :confused: