Bun Bun the rescued Bunny

Kinnakeet

WooHoo getting his appointment setup ...........................................
Its a rabbit, a animal, it does not care if it dies or has bad teeth why waste money on something like that..do not think in some way it will be thankful,Take the money and buy a new one or wait for the fair and try to win one by playing the ring toss game

PeoplesElbow

#ArkRescue Is bun bun getting her? Dental work?

What's wrong with her teeth? Never heard of a bunny needing a dentist 🐇 🦷

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
#ArkRescue Is bun bun getting her? Dental work?

What's wrong with her teeth? Never heard of a bunny needing a dentist 🐇 🦷
Me either until now but the vet said he has hooks on his teeth that are causing irritation on his tongue similar to what happens to horses due to eating grass.

"
Spurs and Spikes

When cheek teeth are not wearing evenly, they form spurs or spikes that can lacerate the rabbit’s tongue, cheeks, and other soft mouth tissue. Though it may seem that a tiny, sharp point on a tooth would not cause serious problems, the opposite is true. As a rabbit tries to avoid use of a particular tooth, abnormal pressure is put on other teeth and the uneven wear becomes even greater. In addition, an abscess may form in the soft tissue.

Remember that a rabbit’s teeth are continuously growing. Therefore, the abnormal pressure of misaligned teeth on the other teeth is cause for discomfort. Additionally, the avoidance of one or more teeth can change the way a rabbit’s jaw normally rotates when eating food. Thus, what may seem like a small problem has the potential of negatively affecting the entire mouth (e.g., other teeth, muscles, ligaments).

Reference the information about fractures (above) for treatment of spurs and spikes."

Dental Disorders in Rabbits

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Is anyone aware of any vets in SoMD that do rabbit and guinea pig spay/neuter? These 2 animals types need specialized care with anesthesia, so I wanted to check before I book a vet that is almost 2 hours away.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Is anyone aware of any vets in SoMD that do rabbit and guinea pig spay/neuter? These 2 animals types need specialized care with anesthesia, so I wanted to check before I book a vet that is almost 2 hours away.
All Kinds in Callaway.