bush needs to keep money on earth

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by libragirl
ken isnt PROPOSED A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO SEE WHAT BUSH IS DOING AND WANTS TO DO I THINK THATS ALL WE NEED TO SEE...... wasnt yelling lol
No, for me proposed means thinking about doing something. It is an indication that one is looking towards a certain way of handling a situation; nothing is set in stone, just thinking about doing it this way. And the fact that the President proposes it doesn’t mean that it will get the legislative backing required to become law.

The Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid question is a tough one for sure and as I close in on becoming eligible myself I want a program that will still be there when I reach the activation age.

Nothing much has really been done with the program for years, it is archaic and flawed were it allows billions upon billions of dollars of fraud and waste each year. Recently in another post we were enlightened that a local dentist has been charged for bilking the system and will have to answer in a court of law for his acts. This person is not alone and we should work at getting those that would steal our dollars and deprive others of necessary funds before we kick in billions upon billions more dollars and leave the flaws in place.

lfquade

Originally posted by cariblue
While we're making recommendations, could I interest you in some birth control?

Hey B!TCH, if you knew anything, I had a tubal in Oct 2003, and by the way its NONE of your business HOW many kids I have you don't PAY for them. Give the advice to the people on WELFARE with 5 kids.:rolleyes:

L

libragirl

While we're making recommendations, could I interest you in some birth control?
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FORUM GET A CLUE AND STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD

L

libragirl

Originally posted by Ken King
No, for me proposed means thinking about doing something. It is an indication that one is looking towards a certain way of handling a situation; nothing is set in stone, just thinking about doing it this way. And the fact that the President proposes it doesn’t mean that it will get the legislative backing required to become law.

The Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid question is a tough one for sure and as I close in on becoming eligible myself I want a program that will still be there when I reach the activation age.

Nothing much has really been done with the program for years, it is archaic and flawed were it allows billions upon billions of dollars of fraud and waste each year. Recently in another post we were enlightened that a local dentist has been charged for bilking the system and will have to answer in a court of law for his acts. This person is not alone and we should work at getting those that would steal our dollars and deprive others of necessary funds before we kick in billions upon billions more dollars and leave the flaws in place.
KEN THATS WHAT I SAID THINKING ABOUT DOING ????????

lfquade

Class was dismissed yesterday. You still here?

Class was dismissed on saturday? I thought it would have been friday, I guess you are too slow to know what day it is...:rolleyes:

L

libragirl

That was very intimidating.
YEAH IT WAS WASNT IT NOT IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ON THE ISSUE KEEP QUITE PLEASE

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by lfquade
See no matter what PROOF I have its never good enough. It was implemented becasue it happened to my grandmother. What other proof do you need?
Leona,

Innuendos, speculation, and articles by some group do not create fact. Be assured I am not saying what you say has not happened. But what you assert as being caused by President Bush might not be so either. What I am looking for is where was the law changed to cause the reduction your grandmother is experiencing. It is possible that it has happened at the state level and not at the federal level, but not knowing the state we are talking about it makes it difficult to research.

lfquade

Leona,

Innuendos, speculation, and articles by some group do not create fact. Be assured I am not saying what you say has not happened. But what you assert as being caused by President Bush might not be so either. What I am looking for is where was the law changed to cause the reduction your grandmother is experiencing. It is possible that it has happened at the state level and not at the federal level, but not knowing the state we are talking about it makes it difficult to research.

I am looking for something about it being passed, but nothing yet. Whether it was/wasn't pass doesn't matter, its what he is planning on doing. The state is Kansas, if that will help?

Ken King

PREMO Member
KEN THATS WHAT I SAID THINKING ABOUT DOING ????????
Libragirl,

I'll quote what you wrote again,
ken isnt PROPOSED A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO SEE WHAT BUSH IS DOING AND WANTS TO DO I THINK THATS ALL WE NEED TO SEE...... wasnt yelling lol
This says what he "is" doing and not what he has thought about doing and I replied based on what I read.

L

libragirl

Libragirl,

I'll quote what you wrote again,
This says what he "is" doing and not what he has thought about doing and I replied based on what I read.
i didnt type that correct i meant its what hes thinking about doing and such. give me a break hes thinking about it and thats enough to know . and i havent found where it passed nor do i know if it was just putting info on to share

Ken King

PREMO Member
i didnt type that correct i meant its what hes thinking about doing and such. give me a break hes thinking about it and thats enough to know . and i havent found where it passed nor do i know if it was just putting info on to share
I’ve got no problem with someone erring in the wording of his or her postings. But for me there is a big difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it.

Doing a quick search of the Kansas Elderly Law Network it seems many of the impacting changes upon Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid came about due to the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, the Balanced Budget Refinement Act of 1999, and the Medicare Relief Bill of 2000. All of which were before Mr. Bush took office.

lfquade

I’ve got no problem with someone erring in the wording of his or her postings. But for me there is a big difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it.

Doing a quick search of the Kansas Elderly Law Network it seems many of the impacting changes upon Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid came about due to the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, the Balanced Budget Refinement Act of 1999, and the Medicare Relief Bill of 2000. All of which were before Mr. Bush took office.

I'm not too sure about that, from what I heard it was recent but don't know for sure. I'll find out.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by lfquade
I am looking for something about it being passed, but nothing yet. Whether it was/wasn't pass doesn't matter, its what he is planning on doing. The state is Kansas, if that will help?
I am impressed, you went and found proof :clap: I would propose that this proposed lowering of allowable costs in medicare is an economic one. Allow me to explain.

In the free market system of economics the price a good or service is set by supply Vs. demand. Short supply=higher price. High demand=higher price. This works with almost every good or service with the exception of services provided by the "medical industrial complex". By it's nature they experience very little competition, thus having a monopoly. When is the last time you saw an add in the paper for a sale on MRI's? Do you bargain shop for transfusions? No, it is the one industry that gives very little or no control to the consumer. Your doctor orders it, you go do it whereever he schedules it to be done no questions.

Now Nanny Pam has in her signature line that 47.2% of statistics are made up on the spot. I have no clue what percentage of medical proceedures are paid for by medicare but I would wager it is a significant percentage. The "medical industrial complex" has been setting it's prices unchallenged for years. The only pressure that it has had is from insurance companies looking to control costs. Because there has been no substatial effors to control costs the prices for proceedures has risen astronomically.

Now if you gave me $20 and sent me to buy you some stuff, lets say shrimp for a party of 10 people. I took your money and instead of making a good choice and buying the right size shrimp to make have enough for the 10 people, I spent your $20 on the most expensive shrimp I saw and end up not having nearly enough for everyone. You would be mad that I didn't respect you enough to spend your $20 wisely.

This is the same situation we have with the government and medicare. They are analyzing the market place and instead of just paying whatever inflated price the hospital decides to charge they try to lower the costs by forcing the hospitals to take what is fair. The government does this by reducing what is an allowable charge. Since there is NO competition the only way to influence the market thus reducing the price for medical service. Any economist will tell you if you are trying to sell a $100 gizmo in a $20 market you will fold up and go broke.

Another point is this; If you take accounting in college you will learn that EVERY company estimates a percentage of sales that will never be collected. One of the reasons that hospitals charge higher prices is because they know that 3 out of 10 will never pay their bills. They take the losses that they project and add it to the bills of others, namely medicare because the government ALWAYS pays.

I am not saying that the proposed changes are the greatest, BUT I expect the government as the steward of my taxes to make wise informed choices on how it is spent and not just go willy nilly writing checks for whatever some hospital charges. This is what they are doing. They are looking into what it costs the hospitals, and offering a reasonable charge allowance.

There will be people who don't get everything they want or need but it is better to cover "most" of the needs of "most" of the people, than "all" of the needs of "some" of the people. It makes me sad when I hear people b!tching about the $360 per year lifeline that was not covered and not show any thankfullness about the $10,000 in medicines and proceedures that were covered.