By popular demand: The Feral Cat Thread; circa 1996-2001

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Animals4Life said:
If you trap and release it somewhere else it is considered dumping and there is a hefty fine.

They will be going back to the place they came from and that person will be keeping them and trying to socialize them.

The kittens will stay with me or a foster until they can be altered.

Last edited:
E

EmptyTimCup

This thread took place in February of 2001 - seems a lot longer ago than that.

wow w/Arkrescue and all the feral cat stuff ( and BCP Egging things on)........ I would have thought this was recent until I looked at the date

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
wow w/Arkrescue and all the feral cat stuff ( and BCP Egging things on)........ I would have thought this was recent until I looked at the date

I am glad we do not have Karma any longer. Practically all of my neg karma was from the horsey's and the feral cats.

The only solution to feral cats is to get rid of them like roaches.

HMR 17's are best.

JMHO

warneckutz

Wirelessly posted

Bird Dog said:

I am glad we do not have Karma any longer. Practically all of my neg karma was from the horsey's and the feral cats.

The only solution to feral cats is to get rid of them like roaches.

HMR 17's are best.

JMHO

Karma still exists...

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Ah yes, this was back in the days of WWWBoard threaded forum software and Microsoft's lame IIS web server software. Feral Cat was obviously tech savvy and was coming in to the site via some IP anonymizer site, which we call a VPN today. IIS was so lame that we couldn't even use .htaccess to block the guy.

Long live Linux/Apache/MariaDB/PHP !!!

I am a cat lover, so I was probably siding with Feral Cat, aside from the pain the ass he became to me administratively.

P.S. I would much prefer the un-redacted version. Maybe we can get the Democrats to subpoena DJ for it and hold her in contempt if she doesn't delver. I've held her in contempt for years, but it never seemed to do any good 😹

Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
To the person who posted the objectionable remarks: we're sending copies of your posts to your ISP along with a complaint that you've violated our forum rules and a request that they take appropriate action.
Except that we couldn't since they were hiding behind a VPN, so obviously they knew this was an idle threat.

The problems caused by this thread may have actually been the impetus to move to vBulletin.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ah yes, this was back in the days of WWWBoard threaded forum software and Microsoft's lame IIS web server software. Feral Cat was obviously tech savvy and was coming in to the site via some IP anonymizer site, which we call a VPN today. IIS was so lame that we couldn't even use .htaccess to block the guy.

Long live Linux/Apache/MariaDB/PHP !!!

I am a cat lover, so I was probably siding with Feral Cat, aside from the pain the ass he became to me administratively.

P.S. I would much prefer the un-redacted version. Maybe we can get the Democrats to subpoena DJ for it and hold her in contempt if she doesn't delver. I've held her in contempt for years, but it never seemed to do any good 😹
Ask DT to ask Vlad to "find" them, he knows people and gets things done.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Chonk kitty seems quite at ease in my yard. He's a regular at the feeding station I put by the side of my garage for the neighborhood wanderers.
Neighbors have told me the wanderers have been trapped, neutered, then returned. Several of us take care of them.
6 or 7 come by the Cat Café, as do a couple red foxes, 3 - 4 possums and a Blue Jay. All the mammals seem to have a truce and come at different times from sundown to a little after sunup.
1686688971040.png

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Chonk kitty seems quite at ease in my yard. He's a regular at the feeding station I put by the side of my garage for the neighborhood wanderers.
Neighbors have told me the wanderers have been trapped, neutered, then returned. Several of us take care of them.
6 or 7 come by the Cat Café, as do a couple red foxes, 3 - 4 possums and a Blue Jay. All the mammals seem to have a truce and come at different times from sundown to a little after sunup.
View attachment 171038
Have you read this thread? :lol:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Another benign post.

Had a new wanderer at the garage side Cat Café last night, a big, fluffy tabby tuxie.
It was quite talkative as it turned the corner.

This was a little earlier.

From the condition of the neighborhood wanderers, I am not the only house looking after them in some way.