Bye Bye

D

dems4me

Sure he has. People probably don't get it.

I get it :huggy:

Before the game Saturday, the NFL channel had an indepth hour long interview with Clinton Portis and inside his house and everything. They asked Clinton about the Denver coach (I can't think of his name now :doh: :doh:) and about playing under Gibbs. He said [the Denver coach] was one of the best and smartest coaches he'd ever played for and then when he talked about Gibb's he said Gibb's was one of the best people he'd ever played for and admired Gibb's character. I really liked that distinction. He said about Gibbs being a supergreat human being as a person. :clap:

If I HAD to pick one it would be Williams. But my first choice would be someone who would be no-nonsense and make the players accountable. And given what's out there, I would take a long, hard look at Russ Grimm.
I'd be in Hog Heaven if Grimm were to be made Coach.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ugh...one of my attorneys just came up to me and laughed.."you will love Cowher."

:barf:

My prediction is Bill Cowher too.

I predicted Joe when no one else was thinking about it. I'll miss Joe, but he wasn't cut out for this modern day of football.

:howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ugh...one of my attorneys just came up to me and laughed.."you will love Cowher."

:barf:

Cowher likes Defense to much...And Synder/Gibbs ain't gonna let Cowher take that over unless Williams does go.

Marty ball back in Washington???? lol

Though, great coach, we burnt our bridges with him, as he did with us...he wants to much control...Snyder didn't even let Gibbs have total control, no way will he let Marty...

My prediction is Bill Cowher too.

I predicted Joe when no one else was thinking about it. I'll miss Joe, but he wasn't cut out for this modern day of football.

:howdy:

Cowher, please see first reply...
And I totally agree, the game has passed by Joe :frown:
either him or Billick :whistle:

:roflmao:

I think I'd become a Dallas fan.

:lol:

IT WILL NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER!!!! Get that bad in Washington that I'd become a dallas fan :yay:

Peter Forsberg

Snyder throw him a parade and charge the fans to attend. The next Skins coach will be Greg Williams.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...here's the deal;

At this point Snyder gets to declare what the goal is;

1. Win football games

or

2. Be a product to sell

Choice 1 requires he get a young hot shot assistant and a young hot shot GM and tell them to win or he'll fire them and get someone better.

Choice 2 requires yet another splashy move; Cowher. That mean, from what we're told, Cowher as coach AND GM and that has yet to work for anyone.

It should be 1 because 1 takes care of 2, but it will likely be 2 based on how the team has been run since Snyder bought it which precludes 1.

If performance means anything, Williams gets the job as the defense is the only proven part of the team. Perhaps he keeps Saunders and turns him loose.
That would be a tough fit because Williams and his D play a lot of plays which means Williams wants a ball control offense to give his boys a break.

That won't work because the NFL is no longer a ball control league. It is a scoring league right now which suits Saunders.

Lotta questions.

I'll feel sick if it is Cowher or Billick or any other 'known' head coach; more of the same.

Young blood time. GM time.

Coventry17

Dan Snyder's focus will never be to win football games because Redskin fans have proven over the years that they will show up in droves and spend tons of money to watch a bad product. They are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

OldHillcrestGuy

If its not Williams for the top spot, which I hope it is, then its starting time all over again for the Skins, like the last time Joe retired, and I dont want to go through all those losing years again and the lousy coaches we had.:tantrum

smilin

BOXER NATION
Too bad, but not unexpected. Gibbs is one of the best persons to ever coach. His time has come and passed him by.
I see Williams as head coach, Saunders will be kept as Offensive guru and let loose with his 80000+ page play book and instead of being part of Gibbs' offense - HIS will be the total offense.
Love to see Grimm back, what a competitor!