C...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Take what??? A shoot out win. Both teams played great. Its not like the Caps ever domintated the flyers during that game.

Now beating a team 7-1 is something to brag about :whistle:
Sure it's something to brag about. Not when the team you beat was then the most injured in the league. Yet, they've stayed one of the best and will only continue to get better. They've only lost one game at home all season.

Philly had their shot in OT, they failed.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Sure it's something to brag about. Not when the team you beat was then the most injured in the league. Yet, they've stayed one of the best and will only continue to get better. They've only lost one game at home all season.

Philly had their shot in OT, they failed.

considering the Flyers went on a 12-day, six-city trip in which nine different players went down with injuries, the caps should have killed the flyers.

yet, I took a shoot out for the caps to win. Not really an impressive win.

The Flyers didnt Fail... They still got a point out of that game. If the caps are that good, they would have cleaned the Ice with the Flyers. That didnt happen. So the Caps, in my opinion, Failed...

on a side note :lol: Caps and Flyers Fans Don't Hate Each Other - D.C. Sports Bog

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

considering the Flyers went on a 12-day, six-city trip in which nine different players went down with injuries, the caps should have killed the flyers.

The Flyers didnt Fail... They still got a point out of that game. If the caps are that good, they would have cleaned the Ice with the Flyers. That didnt happen. So the Caps, in my opinion, Failed...

on a side note :lol: Caps and Flyers Fans Don't Hate Each Other - D.C. Sports Bog
It passion something Washington Metro Area fans know absolutely nothing about. So I guess everytime a Philly sports team wins a game we have to make another post.

LordStanley

I know nothing
It passion something Washington Metro Area fans know absolutely nothing about. So I guess everytime a Philly sports team wins a game we have to make another post.

:buddies:

I have to give the caps credit. At least one washington team will be in some sort of playoffs this year... :whistle:

BuddyLee

Football addict

Already starting with the excuses I see. The Caps had just as many injuries and overcame. Any great team overcomes. Guess the Flyers aren't all that great.:jet:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Already starting with the excuses I see. The Caps had just as many injuries and overcame. Any great team overcomes. Guess the Flyers aren't all that great.:jet:

yeah I guess your right... I mean, any team on top of the atlantic division must suck. :sarcasm:

OldHillcrestGuy

Go play in your weak division.

Actually we havent played that great in our division with a 5-3 record, you are enjoying our division though with a 7-1-2 record, but when we play the Flyer's division (Atlantic) and the Northeast Division as you would say the tougher teams we have a much better overall record then what the Flyers have. The Caps are 16-3-3 and the Flyers are 10-5-4.:whistle:

Peter Forsberg

Actually we havent played that great in our division with a 5-3 record, you are enjoying our division though with a 7-1-2 record, but when we play the Flyer's division (Atlantic) and the Northeast Division as you would say the tougher teams we have a much better overall record then what the Flyers have. The Caps are 16-3-3 and the Flyers are 10-5-4.:whistle:
How many teams made it to the playoffs from the weak Northeast division last season?

OldHillcrestGuy

How many teams made it to the playoffs from the weak Northeast division last season?

I believe you mean the Southeast division, 3 teams from the Northeast made the playoffs last year and one of those played for the Cup (Ottawa). The only team from the Southeast to make it last year was the one that mattered the most the Caps.
Two of the the last 4 Stanley Cup winners came from the 'weak' Southeast.
Until last year when Pittsburgh made it to the finals, in the last 8 years the only team from the 'tough' Atlantic division who had made it to the final game was New Jersey 3 times winning it in 2003.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I believe you mean the Southeast division, 3 teams from the Northeast made the playoffs last year and one of those played for the Cup (Ottawa). The only team from the Southeast to make it last year was the one that mattered the most the Caps.
Two of the the last 4 Stanley Cup winners came from the 'weak' Southeast.
Until last year when Pittsburgh made it to the finals, in the last 8 years the only team from the 'tough' Atlantic division who had made it to the final game was New Jersey 3 times winning it in 2003.
Man knows his stuff.:yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

Man knows his stuff.:yay:

Hope they come out of their slump soon, or Forsberg will be giving us a hard time. They have gotten just about everyone back from injuries now with the exception of maybe 2 guys and maybe its a chemistry problem or something, but they played with more desire when the youngun's were up from Hershey, hope they work out the kinks real soon, like tonight which is going to be hard againest the Pens in Pittsburgh, but they have also been playing poorly of late too.