Calling all poets, artists, people...

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
NEW AGE Christian

I am ya know in that new found religous sect....full of hypocrits and dramatical "number 2" holes. So ya see...I was simply raised catholic is all...and because of that I have a TRUE understanding of our hypocracy and the catholic way of life. Afterall we all believe everything and anything suposedly in this lovely story book called the bible...and If I offend anyone by my sarcastic view on the catholic faith; Byte me lol.

Kidding.

fuzzyng

i'm wondering if i should start a new thread *LOL*

Well, here's what we know...

Page Size: 8.5 inches tall x 7 inches wide

Binding choices: Staple (cheaper) and Spiral (sujested only if we have like a HUGE book)

Okay, so like, umm, I guess you can start sending stuff in, at anytime.... I've already got like 2 dozen of my own stuff :p most of it will only be used as filler, though...

I'll be working on a better website this weekend... we still need a name, but to an above sugestion by Beach (I believe) we'll wait for a name until we get a few submissions...

Okay peeps... now it's up to you, for a while :D Send send send

My Email - jesseawebb@hotmail.com or you can mail it to summer summerdlockhart@hotmail.com

Last edited:

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Nothing

Has absolutley nothing to do with the book, was a reply to Beach buns post. Like most threads...they go off on tangents.

Anyways. I will send some more stuff in. I sent Maybe 3 in I think.

Oh the binding of the book...what does staple mean? I don't like spirla. I prefer good ol fasion Binded edges. But whatever works.

fuzzyng

...out of the ashes...

OKAY!!! Lookies, I made the thread reapear :p

ANYWHO...

okay, book update:

3 editors down, 2 to go... If ya wanna, say so... I've got Sgtsports, Giggles04 and AnonymousPenguin... come on folks :D

I now have Frontpage again, so the website will soon develope a lot faster and it'll look a LOT better...

Book size: 8.5 tall, 7 wide - Saddle stitch (staple) binding

Like all stappled books, the center page (that shows the staples) can be like double paged... I wanna do like a posterish look to it.... maybe like a huge collage of all the stuff we dont use..? eh, it'll up for dicussion at our first meeting (yet to be announced)

I've also decided to accept Editorials... I mean, it's written, right? So, like send in your editorials on things... we'll take it into consideration :)

Umm, that about does it for now... I'll be working on the website, later on, and working out a few bugs with the tables (they look funny on my work comp all of a sudden) and other misc. stuff... :peace:

G

giggles04

Re: ...out of the ashes...

I'm definately in... you'll prolly start to get some stuff from me in the next week or so. I've been taking a philosophy class thats been kicking me in the butt. But, its over this week... so I'll be having more time:)

fuzzyng

Originally posted by BchBns
Hey, I emailed and said I'd do the editor thing, too? :( what happened?

I guess i either... a) didnt see the email - b) didnt get the email - or c) forgot... most likely c, sorry :( i'll add ya once I can :D

Okay, then we need, what... 1 more editor?? YAY!

fuzzyng

Originally posted by giggles04
I'm definately in... you'll prolly start to get some stuff from me in the next week or so. I've been taking a philosophy class thats been kicking me in the butt. But, its over this week... so I'll be having more time:)

That's great! the more the better! I'll be working on the site tonight, and starting to get things off email and stuff...

G

giggles04

Originally posted by fuzzyng

That's great! the more the better! I'll be working on the site tonight, and starting to get things off email and stuff...

Yeah... if I can get through tonight's class... I'm home free!!!:)

watercolor

yeah yeah
Gonna put this back on top once again! :D Since we have new information.

We are now taking submissions for the book. It is offical. We have one Editor post open still if anyone would like to tackle that position. Would be greatly appreciated. For those who are in the positions as of now, we need everyones email address's (sgtsprout, Bch, giggles,AP,) As of right now, those are the editors we have. Like I said, we still have 1 editors position open, and also, we have the sponser information open too ( I am stepping off that one) So let me know. That position takes great skills of talking and keeping on top of people.

Also we need to set up a meeting date. I will work with everyones agenda. We can meet at a restruant or at our house and have munchies and such. So let us know.

Also, since we are taking submissions, be sure to add this to your list...here is the email that is accepting them all. We have gotten a couple already, but we need all of the stuff to start flooding, and such, so we can make this great!!

somdlit@hotmail.com

So let the fun begin, and editors, PM me on here, or through yahoo msgr, my name on there is watercolor_fantasies

:cheesy:

romance

One of the sinners
well

The name for the somd/lit book, should reflect what should be our question. Are ya wanting it to show southern maryland pride...and the talent thats within the hicks of southern maryland or what lol.

Of course the title could just be something cool and put a subtitle below the actual book title.

Could even be some cool symbol/logo with a subtitle ;-)

So.

"Southern Marylands Artists Racket"

"Bubbas Pride of the south" lol
--A catalogue of southern maryland artists and poets-

Southern Pride
theres some stupid crap

fuzzyng

Re: well

Originally posted by romance
"Bubbas Pride of the south"

*LOL Thats funny... how bout "Edumakated Ritins from da Hallors"

:p

Well, a HUGE thanks to BK! he's like given us free reign of a LOT of photos he's taken... If you're an editor, email me, and i'll send you the sight...

Also, I was yelled at :bawl: I've been biatchin about a name, and a lot of people have been saying "we'll wait and see if one comes to use while reading" and someone yelled at me... thanks, actually... I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, and everyone, which will end up just f'n everything up, i need to learn to slow down a little...