Calvert Co bus driver sick-out

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Calvert historically had the reputation of not following IDEA. It took how many lawsuits to snap them around? I can remember three or four just off the top of my head.
I had more than a couple of "interesting" interactions with Ms. Lagana when she was the Director of Special Education. How many parents can say that the Director called them personally to discuss future placement of their child?

I let her know in no uncertain terms that MY ADVOCACY of my son was not to be trifled with, and that I was not an "at-risk" parent she could push around. I had access to, and the funding for, a Special Education Attorney, if need be. She didn't pursue her little agenda with my son after that. I fully knew the ins and outs of IDEA back about 10 years ago. (I know some things may have changed in the interim, but the basic Law has not.) I was a Stay at Home mother for 12 years, before my divorce. Advocacy of Thing1 was a full time job and I am a very thorough, organized and methodical person. They never anticipated an easy IEP meeting with me, I'm sure. :jet:

GregV814

as previously mentioned, (drifting from the topic), have you ever seen a video of a room full of mousetraps loaded with ping-pong balls? as one is tossed into the room, the others are immediately set in motion. this is the epidemy of So.Md. Forums. (and nuclear reaction)

Now, back to the points. Having a spouse that works, just retired from the CCPS, she saw this coming years ago. No, not just the CoVid, that just accelerated the tidal wave of bussing issues. Before CoVid, drivers were short handed and the numbers of able bodied drivers were falling.

However now, with dumbass regulations that only X amount of kids can ride in a bus, the drivers sometimes have to make several trips to get students instead of just one. Imagine being a driver making repeat trips or a teacher that has kids coming in the classroom in 20 minute shifts.

Plus the drivers are masked, probably for no reason. They're burned out! Yeah, fire them! errrrr what does that do?
Oh, okay, lets do what Charles County just did.. They are ending the school year on Nov. 9th.

There was no contingency plan at all, why WOULD we expect a BS plop of bovine matter, (PANDEMIC) to hit.

Larry, can you stop campaigning, forget Jumi's awards for being a Korean woman and get your smart staff workers busy!