Camping

sportstud4891

Anyone ever camp down at Take It Easy Campground in Callaway? Just wondering how the campsite is for traditional tent camping. Any thoughts appreciated.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Ok, fair enough. Any recommendations? Would like to stay close since we are planning on going for labor day weekend.

Point Lookout. You have the Bay on one side and the Patuxent on the other. Decent beach, nice restroom facilities/showers and lots to see/do.

We've used the tent sites and also the cabins. Both are nice.

mike504

yes i agree ... do you have base access.. they have the best camp ground around these parst..on solomons or pax...both nice..

Hoover

BCP, Lusbymom, yankee44 et all- CL and I are thinking of going to harpers ferry WV what say you for labor Day weekend-

sportstud4891

Ok, so the people we went with chose Camp MerryLand (and from the website it looks like a nice place) down on St. Georges Island since I called the annex on Solomons and it wasn't very clear how to get non-dod personnel onto the property. What a bad choice. I don't know about you all, but I choose to go camping for the peace, quiet and relaxation. They had a slew of immigrant hispanics and russians that were there just to party. Cranked their music until like 3 or 4 in the morning and definately some drug use going on down there. Would not recommend unless this is the atmosphere you want.

bcp

In My Opinion
BCP, Lusbymom, yankee44 et all- CL and I are thinking of going to harpers ferry WV what say you for labor Day weekend-

damn I saw this too late, I would have dragged the camper up for the weekend.

Taz

Last time we went camping in this area it was down at Dennis Point Marina in Drayden. Good people and it was nice.