Can I borrow a motorcyle?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
:smack: You stop at 4 or 5 bars, draw a card on a special deck, get your poker hand, drink some beers and then come back... best hand wins :dance:
Most of us that ride are familar with how a poker run works.
(We also know to avoid the folks that have 4 or 5 beers at every stop :lol:)
If you friend wants a lot of participation in her event, POST the details in the motorcycle forum. We'll need to know the starting/registration time, location and who it will benifit. I can pass it on to the SCRC forums.
I've got my boy this weekend so I won't be out riding.

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Most of us that ride are familar with how a poker run works.
(We also know to avoid the folks that have 4 or 5 beers at every stop :lol:)
If you friend wants a lot of participation in her event, POST the details in the motorcycle forum. We'll need to know the starting/registration time, location and who it will benifit. I can pass it on to the SCRC forums.
I've got my boy this weekend so I won't be out riding.

I think she cuts it off at 10 or 15 teams... I'll talk to her tonight and get the details. I don't think she wants all the bikers in the world participating. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
I think she cuts it off at 10 or 15 teams... I'll talk to her tonight and get the details. I don't think she wants all the bikers in the world participating. :lol:

:confused:
Poker runs are usually fund raisers. Never heard of "teams" for a poker run.

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
:confused:
Poker runs are usually fund raisers. Never heard of "teams" for a poker run.

Its kind of like the scavenger hunt she has... half the money goes to the winner and half to the bar :clap: Like a 50/50 -- also, us bar folk are charity enough :lol:

slotted

What Tavern is the benefit for? Find out a time and if it is Saturday or Sunday. I may be able to make it.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I know it is all fun and games but the fun ends when you go down.

I'm normally not a safety nazi of any sort. I've been pushing the envelope myself for the past few decades, and I've paid the price.

BUT, these are two things I think you should avoid doing at the same time. Go ride, then get hammered if you want to.

I've known a few people to die this way. I don't want to know anymore. We are all grownups and make our own decisions. Maybe somebody who decides to drink and ride would not make some of the decisions I do, que sara sara.

I was just voicing my opinion to Dems, who may not know about the truth behind drinking and riding.

About half of all fatal motorcycle accidents involve a drunk rider.

I'm off of my soapbox now.

slotted

HunterJJD said:
I know, but everything else has been posted 4 or 5 times with no answers so I thought I would try and ask again

JD
But you're going to be gone this weekend, right?
:popcorn:

D

dems4me

OK, my friend Lisa is sponsoring this at Huntts tavern (she owns it) its on April 8th and she told me and friend to just show up there at 11. :huggy: Not sure if she was just doing that for me, or if she was just doing it as a sign up and play first come first serve. But that's what she told me last night, she said "Dems, just show up at 11 and you'll be in :huggy:" Also they sell tickets for blessing of a bike or something or other there too if interested.

Any takers??? I'll cover gas fee :biggrin: