Capital Meats Van -- Beware!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've purchased from these guys twice....and actually the meat is pretty good. Just have to negotiate the price down. Now, on the other side......We had purchased a case of Alaskan King Crab Legs along with other products. Of course he didn't have the crab legs on the truck as they were "out of stock but will deliver them as soon as they come in". That was May 2012. I called in July...no crab legs...called again in Aug...no crab legs. Called again in Oct...no crab legs. Attempted to contact someone there in Nov.....no answer and then when I finally did reach someone...no call back. So I initiated a BBB complaint (Nov 2012)...wow....service! But wait.....I agreed to substitute the crab legs with a case "tailless Shrimp". The guy shows up with a variety of shrimp that was frozen into one big clump. Denied the delivery. Told him I wanted "good stuff"...he agreed and scheduled a delivery for the next week. They also closed the BBB complaint....Then...No delivery. I initiated another BBB complaint....then they scheduled another delivery for 5 days later....no show. Scheduled another delivery for one week later....no show. This went on until they finally delivered the shrimp just yesterday (Jan 31st). Moral of the story....if you buy the product...make sure it's on the truck and not thawed/frozen/thawed/frozen. Do NOT rely on them to deliver a product later. They will not do anything until a BBB complaint is filed.

You paid ahead of time for something they didn't have?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I've purchased from these guys twice....and actually the meat is pretty good. Just have to negotiate the price down. Now, on the other side......We had purchased a case of Alaskan King Crab Legs along with other products. Of course he didn't have the crab legs on the truck as they were "out of stock but will deliver them as soon as they come in". That was May 2012. I called in July...no crab legs...called again in Aug...no crab legs. Called again in Oct...no crab legs. Attempted to contact someone there in Nov.....no answer and then when I finally did reach someone...no call back. So I initiated a BBB complaint (Nov 2012)...wow....service! But wait.....I agreed to substitute the crab legs with a case "tailless Shrimp". The guy shows up with a variety of shrimp that was frozen into one big clump. Denied the delivery. Told him I wanted "good stuff"...he agreed and scheduled a delivery for the next week. They also closed the BBB complaint....Then...No delivery. I initiated another BBB complaint....then they scheduled another delivery for 5 days later....no show. Scheduled another delivery for one week later....no show. This went on until they finally delivered the shrimp just yesterday (Jan 31st). Moral of the story....if you buy the product...make sure it's on the truck and not thawed/frozen/thawed/frozen. Do NOT rely on them to deliver a product later. They will not do anything until a BBB complaint is filed.

:coffee: so you will you continue to buy from them???

MarieB

Why screw around with BBB

Attorney general

RPMDAD

Have never bought from them and after yesterday will never try them. Almost got hit by one of their vans and i had the right of way and the dumb s.o.b. acted like he didn't do anything wrong it was almost like he was oblivious there was a car by him. Rant Over.

mamatutu

mama to two
I just had a visit from Capital Meats, and I remembered this thread. It was around 8pm, just getting dark, husband was at travel team baseball practice, and I was already in my jammies doing laundry, and cooking dinner. I didn't answer the door, obviously, because of the way I was dressed, but what was creepy is that they did that knock...dadadadada-dada, twice. A knock like that usually is from someone familiar, so, at first I thought it was hub or a neighbor. So, I looked out the laundry room window, and saw it was Capital Meats. I live in Calvert on the Broomes Island side, and have a really long driveway; set back. I have never seen them around here before. That was one crazy yellow and orange painted van. Just giving the heads up that they are in the area.

Last edited:

ZARA

I ordered from them once and never will again. The meats are injected with a lot of water to give it "bulk" and shrink down to less than half the original size after cooking. The amount of salt is equivalent to a cow’s salt lick! It is some of the worse quality meat I have ever tasted.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I just had a visit from Capital Meats, and I remembered this thread. It was around 8pm, just getting dark, husband was at travel team baseball practice, and I was already in my jammies doing laundry, and cooking dinner. I didn't answer the door, obviously, because of the way I was dressed, but what was creepy is that they did that knock...dadadadada-dada, twice. A knock like that usually is from someone familiar, so, at first I thought it was hub or a neighbor. So, I looked out the laundry room window, and saw it was Capital Meats. I live in Calvert on the Broomes Island side, and have a really long driveway; set back. I have never seen them around here before. That was one crazy yellow and orange painted van. Just giving the heads up that they are in the area.

They came to my house yesterday also. I'm in Calvert, near Dares Beach Rd. Guy standing on my porch started talking about my flower gardens before he introduced himself, going on and on. He said that because we have so many flowers, I must know a lot about gardening so he wanted advice about some flowers he has in his yard. I asked him, "Is that seriously why you pulled onto my property and rang my doorbell? To talk about flowers? Wentworth is right around the corner." :confused:

At that point he introduced himself and I told him we're cutting back on meat. So he started talking about crab legs. Told him nobody here eats seafood (true) and told him I had a lot to do, have a nice day. I hate solicitors!

mamatutu

mama to two
They came to my house yesterday also. I'm in Calvert, near Dares Beach Rd. Guy standing on my porch started talking about my flower gardens before he introduced himself, going on and on. He said that because we have so many flowers, I must know a lot about gardening so he wanted advice about some flowers he has in his yard. I asked him, "Is that seriously why you pulled onto my property and rang my doorbell? To talk about flowers? Wentworth is right around the corner." :confused:

At that point he introduced himself and I told him we're cutting back on meat. So he started talking about crab legs. Told him nobody here eats seafood (true) and told him I had a lot to do, have a nice day. I hate solicitors!

See; creepy. I guess they think if they schmooze, they will make a sale. Even if I had been dressed in day clothes, I still wouldn't have answered the door. Post some pics of your flowers! :smile:

MMDad

Lem Putt
They bombarded me one time when I was at Sheetz. :mad:

I was minding my own business pumping gas (see, I am a grease monkey too :jet: ) and they were filling up their van at the pump next to mine.

I tried to use the barrier between pumps to avoid eye contact but the force was too strong. He handed me a pamphlet. :cds: He started telling me about all the deals he had going on and I told him I didnt have any trunk space... THIS DID NOT SLOW HIM DOWN... he proceeded to tell me how he could follow me home and would even help me stock my freezer. :twitch:

I was so happy when I heard the gas pump click to let me know the car was full. I told him to have a nice day and got in my car... terrified that he would follow. :jameo:

This is why I have not pumped my gas alone in almost a year. I hate gas stations.

:tap: Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do.

:tap: Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do.

I have pumped gas before...several times. :shrug: It is not the "pumping" that I am scared of... It is:

1. Pulling into the gas station :jameo:

2. Taking too much time at the pump and having people get angry with me :jameo:

3. Being confronted by random people (such as said meat seller dude) :jameo:

4. Pulling out of the gas station. :jameo:

:mad: Any further explanation needed or do you need me to draw a diagram?

Last edited:
i have pumped gas before...several times. :shrug: It is not the "pumping" that i am scared of... It is:

1. Pulling into the gas station :jameo:

2. Taking too much time at the pump and having people get angry with me :jameo:

3. Being confronted by random people (such as said meat seller dude) :jameo:

4. Pulling out of the gas station. :jameo:

:mad: Any further explanation needed or do you need me to draw a diagram?

GASSTATION.jpg

Misfit

Lawful neutral
They came to my house a few weeks ago. He knocked on my door and after his speech I told him that I'm a vegetarian (which I am). Then he said "we sell chicken too" I gave him my :confused: face and asked him if he knew any vegetarians that ate chicken? He didn't. :shrug: