Capitals / Penguins

B

Beaver-Cleaver

No shiat talking from me, this is going to be a hell of a series. :yahoo: Go Caps! :dye:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Caps won 2 of the 3 games they played in regular season against the Pens, outscoring the Pens 14-9.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Say what you want about Brashear, but he will be missed during the opening games of this series.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
playoffs are different...............you a Caps fan and a Cowboy's fan ?

:whatgives:

I'm a sports fan. :yay:

Who to watch for the Pengs? Haven't watched them at all this year.

Besides Crosby.

Evgeni Malkin is probably a better player than Sid the Kid; Sid just steals the spotlight. Malkin is up for the Hart Award, along with our beloved Ovie and Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk.

T.Rally

Although the Caps won during the regular season, it was a different Pens team they were playing. Since the hiring of Bylsma, they went 18-3-4. During this stretch they got Gonchar back after missing 50+ games due to shoulder surgery, picked up grit in Kunitz and veteran leadership in Guerin.

The Rangers didn't have a single 60 point scorer this season and the Caps struggled to win in seven. I think you're going to see a real test of Varlamov in this series. Fleury for the Pens is now an experienced playoff goaltender so the advantage is definitely for the Pens.

Watch the third line for the Pens; Staal, Kennedy and Cooke, specifically how they outwork the opposition for the puck, create scoring chances and force turnovers.

The way the Caps played in the first two periods of game 7 was inexcusable. They're lucky they didn't lose 5-0.

Pens in six.

OldHillcrestGuy

Should be high scoring games with the offensive players from each team. Varlarmov will be tested, Rangers were not a very good offensive team, we will see if Varlarmov is for real or not. Rangers had no one who came close to Crosby and Malikin's offensive skills.
Its critical for the Caps to at least win one of these 2 first home games, cant get down 0-2 like with the Rangers.
This is exactly what the NHL wanted the 3 best players in hockey going against each other in a playoff series. Great for the TV ratings.

CAPS in 6, take series 4 games to 2:yahoo:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Although the Caps won during the regular season, it was a different Pens team they were playing. Since the hiring of Bylsma, they went 18-3-4. During this stretch they got Gonchar back after missing 50+ games due to shoulder surgery, picked up grit in Kunitz and veteran leadership in Guerin.

The Rangers didn't have a single 60 point scorer this season and the Caps struggled to win in seven. I think you're going to see a real test of Varlamov in this series. Fleury for the Pens is now an experienced playoff goaltender so the advantage is definitely for the Pens.

Watch the third line for the Pens; Staal, Kennedy and Cooke, specifically how they outwork the opposition for the puck, create scoring chances and force turnovers.

The way the Caps played in the first two periods of game 7 was inexcusable. They're lucky they didn't lose 5-0.

Pens in six.

Damn.... Couldnt have said it better myself :whistle: :lol:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

It'll be a tough win. The Penguins have recharged since the last time they played Washington. They've gotten on a roll.

I think Malkin's a bigger threat than Crosby and I hope the Caps don't let their guard down.

Bring on the Penguins! :yahoo: