Capitals / Penguins

Baz

This. ------------------>
Excellent first game of what should be a great 6 or 7 game series.

The Penguins dominated the first period of the game (which is odd), but seemed to lose focus after the Caps got their first goal. Another typical hockey situation where one team is dominating, then the other comes down and nets one.

The Caps found their focus in the second. Pittsburgh was all over the place, and even screwed up some odd-man rushes due to their indecision. They also took some bad shots into defenders.

The Penguins PP was weak, as it has been all year. You figure sooner or later it has to bust open. Maybe not.

A good win for the Caps, but I think Pittsburgh blew many easy opportunities. Penguins came in looking for a split, and if they get it, look out.

By the way, what's that goofy noise the Caps fans do when Gonchar has the puck?

SoMdDude

By the way, what's that goofy noise the Caps fans do when Gonchar has the puck?

You must not be a HUGE Penguins fan.

Gonchar, against the Penguins one year in the playoffs .. had a puck skip over his stick and Pittsburgh broke away and scored the game winning goal, or they were down by 1, but went on to win that game.. i THINK the Caps were up 3 games to 1 at that point and ended up choking away that series and lost, it all started with Gonchars blunder.

Basically they are "BOOO'ing" him

Baz

You must not be a HUGE Penguins fan.

Gonchar, against the Penguins one year in the playoffs .. had a puck skip over his stick and Pittsburgh broke away and scored the game winning goal, or they were down by 1, but went on to win that game.. i THINK the Caps were up 3 games to 1 at that point and ended up choking away that series and lost, it all started with Gonchars blunder.

Basically they are "BOOO'ing" him

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like they're "WOOO'ing" him. Very odd. So all these years later they're "WOOO'ing" him because a puck jumped over his stick? Something that happens to every hockey player at various times of his career? After blowing a 3-1 series lead, the fans should "WOOO" every current and former Capitals player that was on the roster for that series.

Black-Francis

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like they're "WOOO'ing" him. Very odd. So all these years later they're "WOOO'ing" him because a puck jumped over his stick? Something that happens to every hockey player at various times of his career? After blowing a 3-1 series lead, the fans should "WOOO" every current and former Capitals player that was on the roster for that series.

It's supposed to be the sound that a penguin makes.....It is not a "boo"...

Peter Forsberg

Caps need offense from Semin and Green. All you heard about was Greens scoring streak in the regular season nothing in the playoffs.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I am a CAPS fan, but Imma tell ya, Pitt is FAST, and they are hitting...

Crosby is friggin GOOD!!!!

It won't surprise me if this is the series of the year :yay:

Baz

Caps need offense from Semin and Green. All you heard about was Greens scoring streak in the regular season nothing in the playoffs.

Pittsburg's been rolling strong. The Caps are counter-punching well, but the Pens have been dictating play. Both goalies are outstanding. If all sports fans watched this game, the NHL would be much more popular.

I noticed the nastiness tailed off in the 2md...just due to the offensive wave.

Great game.

Peter Forsberg

Pittsburg's been rolling strong. The Caps are counter-punching well, but the Pens have been dictating play. Both goalies are outstanding. If all sports fans watched this game, the NHL would be much more popular.

Great game.
I agree great game to watch.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Great game.

3rd, so far is all P'burgh.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Thing I don't like is; every time Ovie is out there, someone is putting a shoulder on him, trying to get a hit, SOMETHING...

Why aren;t we returning the favor to Crosby?

AND DAMN these to boys in goal are playing their ARSES OFF!!!!