Caps Fans

Peter Forsberg

To all the Caps fans that left the game at the V Center againts the Leafs last night you lost that game in a shootout. Typical Washington fans. :killingme

OldHillcrestGuy

Caps are just letting the rest of the league catch-up after the fast start they had. Want to keep the fans interested in hockey.

My point is the yuppie caps fans left before the game was over.

So? Isn't that sort of their choice? They probably do wish they had stayed no though. Me, if I pay that king of money for a ticket, would be dang sure to see the whole thing, losing or winning.

JoeR

I hear it over and over again how great the Washington fans are. Just proving a point.

Your right because a lot of the new (since #8 showed up) are there because they are winning on a regular basis and it's the new in place for them to be seen. Before Ovechin most of them wouldn't know a hockey puck if you showed them one with a label saying what it was.

Only the true hardcore longtime Cap fans would have stayed.

And this is from a life long Pens fan who works with Cap fans who fall into both categories.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just proving a point.
...right.

You seem to be more worried about Washington sports franchises than the ones you portray to care for.

Like I said, the record is old. Of course, you can continue to be the forum sports section douche (powder fresh) or you can have some actual candid conversation about the game.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Your right because a lot of the new (since #8 showed up) are there because they are winning on a regular basis and it's the new in place for them to be seen. Before Ovechin most of them wouldn't know a hockey puck if you showed them one with a label saying what it was.

And this is from a life long Pens fan who works with Cap fans who fall into both categories.
I don't see the big deal, honestly.

There are fairweather fans everywhere, especially when teams start winning.

Where was the Patriots fan base before their string of Championships?

Hell, even Pittsburgh hockey was down in the dumps for several years before Sid arrived.

I'm happy that hockey is getting more popular among the average fan and that Washington hockey has actually helped to open some eyes.

Peter Forsberg

Glad you agree.

Peter Forsberg

...right.

You seem to be more worried about Washington sports franchises than the ones you portray to care for.

Like I said, the record is old. Of course, you can continue to be the forum sports section douche (powder fresh) or you can have some actual candid conversation about the game.
You got it I know more about the local teams then their actual supporters. You said it not me.