Caps / Rangers

OldHillcrestGuy

Caps came to life too late in this game, Ranger goalie played a hell of a game. Caps "hot goalie" jinx again. I see the Caps winning game 5, after that could go either way.

I dont think Ive ever seen a player go all out for 60 minutes like Ovie does, theres nobody close to him, that plays all aspects of the game as he does, defense, hits, shots, nobody close. Love him or hate him he is the best in player in hockey, no one close, sorry Penguin fans, Malikin is good but he is no Ovie.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Caps came to life too late in this game, Ranger goalie played a hell of a game. Caps "hot goalie" jinx again. I see the Caps winning game 5, after that could go either way.

Oh, I dunno. They played pretty well the whole game, didn't make any dumb mistakes (unlike the Rangers) and it was an exciting, fast paced game, again. They hit two pipes and there just isn't much margin for error with the Rangers and Lundquist. No rebounds to speak of. No bad play by the d. No break aways.

I gotta give the Rangers credit. :buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

Oh, I dunno. They played pretty well the whole game, didn't make any dumb mistakes (unlike the Rangers) and it was an exciting, fast paced game, again. They hit two pipes and there just isn't much margin for error with the Rangers and Lundquist. No rebounds to speak of. No bad play by the d. No break aways.

I gotta give the Rangers credit. :buddies:

Well I suppose at least the 2nd and 3rd periods, they were flying up and down and we totally outshot them in the last 2 periods, kept me on the edge of my seat, couldnt take your eyes of the game, I really thought we would score on one of those last 2 powerplays.

I hate the clang of the goalpost's when its us shooting, a hair one way or the other and its in. The D did play great with maybe just one slight breakaway when Green had to take the penalty.

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

Well I suppose at least the 2nd and 3rd periods, they were flying up and down and we totally outshot them in the last 2 periods, kept me on the edge of my seat, couldnt take your eyes of the game, I really thought we would score on one of those last 2 powerplays.

I hate the clang of the goalpost's when its us shooting, a hair one way or the other and its in. The D did play great with maybe just one slight breakaway when Green had to take the penalty.
Caps blew it Avery tried to give you guys the game but you refused to take it. Powerplay has to be better.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It really sucks when you outplay the other team but lose, which was the case for the Flyers and the Caps in game 4. :bawl:

Would we watch or give a damn if the 'best' team wins every time?

The Rangers played their guts our last night as did the Caps. Unless there are a bunch of crazy flukes or outrageously bad officiating, the better team ALWAYS wins.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Caps blew it Avery tried to give you guys the game but you refused to take it. Powerplay has to be better.

It couldn't get much better. The first Avery "I am a moron" pp, the Caps kept it in the Rangers end the whole two minutes. The gathered up every rebound, made good passes, Ovie hit the pipe early in that pp, yet the Rangers never faltered, never let a man go, never failed to squeeze the passing lanes.

I do not recall ever seeing a pp stay in one end the whole two minutes, especially in the playoffs. Might have been the best two minutes of hockey I'd ever seen; 9 skaters and a goalie playing as hard and as well as they could for 120 seconds.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Is it just me or is Greenie suddenly the Invisible Man? Unless he gets dumped by Avery, he is hardly ever seen or mentioned. Is he playing hurt? Did BB tell he and Ovie to lay low to force the secondary to step up? (not likely in our current situation but I'm asking anyway). What gives?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is it just me or is Greenie suddenly the Invisible Man? Unless he gets dumped by Avery, he is hardly ever seen or mentioned. Is he playing hurt? Did BB tell he and Ovie to lay low to force the secondary to step up? (not likely in our current situation but I'm asking anyway). What gives?

Good point.

Otter

Nothing to see here

I believe the announcers said that he was playing too cautious, robotic..playoff nerves maybe??

Peter Forsberg

It couldn't get much better. The first Avery "I am a moron" pp, the Caps kept it in the Rangers end the whole two minutes. The gathered up every rebound, made good passes, Ovie hit the pipe early in that pp, yet the Rangers never faltered, never let a man go, never failed to squeeze the passing lanes.

I do not recall ever seeing a pp stay in one end the whole two minutes, especially in the playoffs. Might have been the best two minutes of hockey I'd ever seen; 9 skaters and a goalie playing as hard and as well as they could for 120 seconds.
Doesn't matter how long you keep it in the zone if you don't score.