Cap's Thread?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes and no.

They should have ended this series early. They shouldn't have let it come down to one call.

However, that was undoubtedly a bad call.

That's what I love about playoff hockey; best of seven does not come down to one call, bad, close or otherwise.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's what I love about playoff hockey; best of seven does not come down to one call, bad, close or otherwise.
Yep. Good, tight, exciting series.

Good season Caps.:buddies: Many exciting times this year.

Next season will be interesting.

I hope to see Carlson more.

After Theo's good season I wonder if they keep him.

Baz

This. ------------------>

Very well said. I'm glad the occasional fan can see that. That's the whole point of a seven game series. The randomness evens out.

:cheers:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
The Caps had a fantastic season. It is unfortunate that they weren't able to beat Montreal in a seven-game series. Looking at the expressions on the faces of the Caps players at the end of the game, you could see the disappointment. I'm sure that they will take their experiences this year and use them to play even better next year.

That said, I'll be watching my Pens take on Montreal while sitting on the very edge of the chair for however many games it takes ...

LordStanley

I know nothing
I really have nothing to say. I'm not gonna read or comment on anyones posts on the caps game tonight! I was really surprised that the caps lost at home when up 3-1 in the series. That doesn't happen often... Wow!!! Just wow... Nothing else to say. Not gonna rub anything in. Here's to hockey :buddies:

JoeR

Yes and no.

They should have ended this series early. They shouldn't have let it come down to one call.

However, that was undoubtedly a bad call.

What bad call? The disallowed goal. I missed the first minute of the 3rd. Announcers said it was because someone was in the crease.

Baz

I really have nothing to say. I'm not gonna read or comment on anyones posts on the caps game tonight! I was really surprised that the caps lost at home when up 3-1 in the series. That doesn't happen often... Wow!!! Just wow... Nothing else to say. Not gonna rub anything in. Here's to hockey :buddies:

Philly and Boston. Start a thread. :cheers:

JoeR

The Caps had a fantastic season. It is unfortunate that they weren't able to beat Montreal in a seven-game series. Looking at the expressions on the faces of the Caps players at the end of the game, you could see the disappointment. I'm sure that they will take their experiences this year and use them to play even better next year.

That said, I'll be watching my Pens take on Montreal while sitting on the very edge of the chair for however many games it takes ...

100% agree, but like I've been telling the cap fans I work with, it's a whole different season once the playoffs start.

As for your Pens comment. YES :yahoo: YES :yahoo: YES :yahoo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
:buddies:Nice to see some class.

Good luck in the next round.

BuddyLee

Football addict
What bad call? The disallowed goal. I missed the first minute of the 3rd. Announcers said it was because someone was in the crease.
You'd have to see it to believe it.

Knuble's right butt-cheek hair grazed Halak and they waved off the goal. That call was atrocious.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Montreal matched up real well against them and the Habs had us beat a couple times in the regular season only to lose to near miracle late, late goals, point being they KNEW they could play with us.

They have a couple small, fast guys we struggled with all series.

And Halak.

Caps are, obviously, the better team, but, they were not 4 out of the last 7 games. It's a shame but, it is why this stuff is so good and so exciting.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You'd have to see it to believe it.

Knuble's right butt-cheek hair grazed Halak and they waved off the goal. That call was atrocious.

And the Caps should have never let it come down to a call in the beginning of the third period of a 0-1 game 7. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Still atrocious.

Like American Idol bad.

I will give you that it was a bad call. If anything, he was nudged into Halak as much as by his own power. And I will concede that it may well have cost them the games in that maybe that would have lead to a few more.

However, to be American Idle (note correct spelling) bad, it would have had to been late, not in the first minute.

And they still should not have let it come down to this. Habs earned it!

:buddies:

Baz

Still atrocious.

Like American Idol bad.

Caps guy forced himself between the D-man and the goalie in the corner of the crease, when he could have easily skated in front of the D-man. He knew what he was doing.

Montreal had a goal waived off later for the exact same call. Correct call in both cases.

OldHillcrestGuy

Montreal had a goal waived off later for the exact same call. Correct call in both cases.

That one was obvious, replay showed him pushing Varly back. The Caps one was close, could have gone either way.
No use crying over spilt milk, Caps should have never let it come down to one play. My team choked again this year, another year same story, even made NHL history doing it this time being the first time number one seed lost to a number 8 seed after being up 3 games to 1. :doh::bawl::bawl:

Baz

That one was obvious, replay showed him pushing Varly back. The Caps one was close, could have gone either way.
No use crying over spilt milk, Caps should have never let it come down to one play. My team choked again this year, another year same story, even made NHL history doing it this time being the first time number one seed lost to a number 8 seed after being up 3 games to 1. :doh::bawl::bawl:

Well, the pressure is completely on the Penguins now. I fully expect Montreal to make a series out of it, possibly taking a game in Pittsburgh and certainly taking at least one at home.

Congrats to the Capitals on an outstanding regular season!

(Guess Boudreau can stop making "World Champions" banners on that copier, now.)

OldHillcrestGuy

Well, the pressure is completely on the Penguins now. I fully expect Montreal to make a series out of it, possibly taking a game in Pittsburgh and certainly taking at least one at home.

Congrats to the Capitals on an outstanding regular season!

(Guess Boudreau can stop making "World Champions" banners on that copier, now.)

I guess the inspiration is gone.

I just cant see the Habs winning one game, Crosby is going to be in Halak's face everytime the puck is near that goal.

Last edited:

Baz

I guess the inspiration is gone.

I just cant see the Habs winning one game, Crosby is going to be Halak's face everytime the puck is near that goal.

It'll be interesting to see how Hal Gill plays against Sid. I hated to see that wookie leave the Penguins. Thing with Pittsburgh is, even if Crosby gets shut down, there's plenty of players to carry the team. Their center depth is the best in hockey. If they're on their game, Bylsma will keep rolling 4 lines and eventually wear Montreal down.