Cap's Thread?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Eric Fehr for an honorable mention. Dude had a goal and assist and played lights out.

That's the thing about the Caps; if not him then, someone else. What's key, is the goaltending, to get through that first period and then a Fehr or a Chimera or Laich or Steckel or Bradley step up or maybe a blue liner, Green or Carlson makes a play. Or some other little heralded playoff hero. And this is in addition to the incredible horsepower of Backstrom or Semin who has been rather dormant.

Or the best player in the game explodes out of nowhere.

Fehr was big but, he's a part of a LOADED lineup. If they get shut down goal tending when the wrecking crew is thinking too much, if they can get through those rushes where the other team is buzzing, then they are going to go all the way. No one, NO ONE can match the firepower. Teams like Montreal and most of the other teams have to have great goal-tending ALL the time and then must get a goal or two when the have the momentum.

:buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

Goal tending FTW... Keep it up Varley make it so Threeormore never see's the ice again.

If the Caps comeback with a win Wednesday and come home up 3 - 1, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Theo start that game. There is no way he could have started either game in Montreal, hell the fans were on him during warmups.

Peter Forsberg

If the Caps comeback with a win Wednesday and come home up 3 - 1, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Theo start that game. There is no way he could have started either game in Montreal, hell the fans were on him during warmups.
Bruce said Theo was going to start Wed. but that was before Varley's game last night. If Bruce starts Theo Wed. he is a Dumb@ss. If Theo can't handle the pressure of playing in Mon what is going to do in the Stanley Cup finals?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bruce said Theo was going to start Wed. but that was before Varley's game last night. If Bruce starts Theo Wed. he is a Dumb@ss. If Theo can't handle the pressure of playing in Mon what is going to do in the Stanley Cup finals?

Nope. I totally think it's a good move to start Theo. Gonna need 'em both to get 16 wins. No reason to pack it in on Theo this early. Bruce had proven totally unsuperstitious or nervous about goalies. Get out there, play well, or come back over here and sit down.

Peter Forsberg

Nope. I totally think it's a good move to start Theo. Gonna need 'em both to get 16 wins. No reason to pack it in on Theo this early. Bruce had proven totally unsuperstitious or nervous about goalies. Get out there, play well, or come back over here and sit down.

Nope you go with the hot goalie. Varley is playing good... you sit him and he loses his timing etc..