Caps!

OldHillcrestGuy

Well they won what 8 games in a row and Huet had about the same number of wins in a row, they were due for a loss, you certainly would not expect them to win out to the finals of the Stanley Cup, now that the streak is over, maybe some pressure is off, and they can start another win streak although I expect them to split in the 2 games in Philly. I dont think the Caps have lost more then 2 games in a row since Bruce Boudreau took over.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Well they won what 8 games in a row and Huet had about the same number of wins in a row, they were due for a loss, you certainly would not expect them to win out to the finals of the Stanley Cup, now that the streak is over, maybe some pressure is off, and they can start another win streak although I expect them to split in the 2 games in Philly. I dont think the Caps have lost more then 2 games in a row since Bruce Boudreau took over.

Did you by any chance see the interview with Boudreau? I liked the way he put the idea that he (nor I) is not someone to say that a team is "due" for a loss, but you can also only expect to win so many in a row before it catches up to you. Nobody really expected them to win this series out-right, not even the coaches or team. I think that this was a fair time to lose a game, making it an even series, and now we just have to get-r-done on the road :yay: (I REALLY don't want this series to go 7 games though, that would really hurt our chances of going all the way)

OldHillcrestGuy

Did you by any chance see the interview with Boudreau? I liked the way he put the idea that he (nor I) is not someone to say that a team is "due" for a loss, but you can also only expect to win so many in a row before it catches up to you. Nobody really expected them to win this series out-right, not even the coaches or team. I think that this was a fair time to lose a game, making it an even series, and now we just have to get-r-done on the road :yay: (I REALLY don't want this series to go 7 games though, that would really hurt our chances of going all the way)

:yeahthat: dont want a 7 game series, cause it looks like the Penguins are going to sweep Ottawa, and they will be well rested should we continue on with our quest for the Lord Stanley's Cup..

Peter Forsberg

Most of those wins were againts teams in the Southeast division so that's not saying much.

Peter Forsberg

...I were a suspicious type, I'd be starting to think you really don' think much of MY Caps...

:buddies:
The Caps have come along way and have improved their team alot but I'm a diehard Philly fan so when they play us I can't cheer for them. I think Ovechkin is a great player and deserves to be MVP this season. If they end up beating us I will then cheer for them. :buddies:

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

wow, do you even realize how dumb that statement was? We (the caps) have one of the toughest divisions in the entire league....if not THE toughest...
I'm going to be nice and let somebody else tell you how dumb you are. One question for you. How many teams in the Southeast division made the playoffs?

Last edited:

Kerad

wow, do you even realize how dumb that statement was? We (the caps) have one of the toughest divisions in the entire league....if not THE toughest...

:roflmao:

This year, the only other tough team in the division was Carolina. Tampa has been good in the past...but not the last couple of years.

Then you have the Panthers and Thrashers.

The Southeast is arguably the weakest division in hockey...right there with the Central.

Peter Forsberg

:roflmao:

This year, the only other tough team in the division was Carolina. Tampa has been good in the past...but not the last couple of years.

Then you have the Panthers and Thrashers.

The Southeast is arguably the weakest division in hockey...right there with the Central.
I knew somebody with a little hockey knowledge would back me up on this one even if he is a Pens fan. :lmao: You enjoying the Pens first round bye?

Last edited:

Kerad

I knew somebody with a little hockey knowledge would back me up on this one even if he is a Pens fan. :lmao: You enjoying your first round bye?

:rolleyes:

Last night the Sens played a great game through 2 periods...their best game so far. However, the Penguins came out fast in the 3rd, led by Crosby's goal 12 seconds into it...and rolled to the victory.

The Pens have been playing well...but it's hardly a "bye". Ottawa's been playing tough, and Gerber has played amazing, not counting the first 10 minutes of game 1.

Peter Forsberg

:rolleyes:

Last night the Sens played a great game through 2 periods...their best game so far. However, the Penguins came out fast in the 3rd, led by Crosby's goal 12 seconds into it...and rolled to the victory.

The Pens have been playing well...but it's hardly a "bye". Ottawa's been playing tough, and Gerber has played amazing, not counting the first 10 minutes of game 1.
What you think about Avery antics? I don't know how Broduer didn't bust him in the chops.

Kerad

What you think about Avery antics? I don't know how Broduer didn't bust him in the chops.

That was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in sports in a long time. Of course, it is Avery...so you have to expect it would come from him.

I swear Avery has a death wish. I'm hoping Marty will pick an appropriate spot in the series to "discuss" the matter with him. A heavy slash with that goalie stick would do nicely. One of these games he's going to get completely blown up by somebody...and nobody's going to feel bad for him.

Luckily the NHL has reviewed his stupidity, and stated that it will not be tolerated.

Peter Forsberg

That was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in sports in a long time. Of course, it is Avery...so you have to expect it would come from him.

I swear Avery has a death wish. I'm hoping Marty will pick an appropriate spot in the series to "discuss" the matter with him. A heavy slash with that goalie stick would do nicely. One of these games he's going to get completely blown up by somebody...and nobody's going to feel bad for him.

Luckily the NHL has reviewed his stupidity, and stated that it will not be tolerated.
I kinda get the impression his teammates don't really care for him either.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
:lmao: someone actually said that the Southeast is one of the toughtest divisions in hockey? I'm a huge Caps fan and even I know thats a ridiculous statement.

edit: 1st post :patriot: